tOfficial “Weed Growers” Thread

Yeah, but I never pruned those.
This won’t be like an apple tree or a rose bush.

Other than topping it, you don’t need to go crazy.

Is this a clone and do you have just one?

Yeah, but I never pruned those.

Well....I started to go on for days but I found me describing a few different approaches ... all different depending upon what your limitations and goals are. So...i scratched all of that.

Are you growing indoors our outdoors?

If indoors, are you using natural sun light or grow lights?

And what smitty was asking...is this a feminized plant. Or was it a clone from a female plant? We are trying to figure out if this plant is guaranteed to be female.

Next....I grow a plant to maturity and then pull the entire plant for processing. I do both the indoor and outdoor growing in this method. Pruning is a small part and way down the road. It's not something to focus on just yet.

I have also read where some people manipulate lightings and can keep a plant going indefinitely and they prune a little of the top each day somehow. I know nothing about that.

I know some things if you want to grow one to maturity and then harvest it.

This won’t be like an apple tree or a rose bush.

Other than topping it, you don’t need to go crazy.

Is this a clone and do you have just one?
Well....I started to go on for days but I found me describing a few different approaches ... all different depending upon what your limitations and goals are. So...i scratched all of that.

And what smitty was asking...is this a feminized plant. Or was it a clone from a female plant? We are trying to figure out if this plant is guaranteed to be female.

Next....I grow a plant to maturity and then pull the entire plant for processing. I do both the indoor and outdoor growing in this method. Pruning is a small part and way down the road. It's not something to focus on just yet.

I have also read where some people manipulate lightings and can keep a plant going indefinitely and they prune a little of the top each day somehow. I know nothing about that.

She gave me 1 started plant. It's approx 1 ft tall. It's a feminized autobud. Do you fertilize? When? Mix? It will be outdoors? Just how susceptible to wind, mold, pests are they?

The light cycles are what make it flower. Never cut the lights back, and it'll stay in a vegetative state theoretically...forever.

That's what you do when you get a good feminine strain. Grow a "mother" plant, and just keep taking cuts off of it.

I know little about autoflower.

Beardown seemed to be familiar with them.

She gave me 1 started plant. It's approx 1 ft tall. It's a feminized autobud. Do you fertilize? When? Mix? It will be outdoors? Just how susceptible to wind, mold, pests are they?
Auto flowering strains take half the time as regular strains and switch to flowering regardless of the light cycles.

Much easier to grow fer noobs.

You will get much less yield with an autoflower tho.

You guys know I'm just joking and I am totally down with this thread and everyone in it but the horn was blown to summon this GIF from the very first post :laugh:

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Autos do not require much in the way of nutrients, or really much of any attention at all.

Top em' within the first two weeks or so will get ya a better cola...maybe pull em' down a bit to allow more light into the middle.

Yer nutes would be the same (smaller doses) as a regular strain...

Nitrogen during vegetative.
Phosphorous during bloom
Flush with regular water the last couple of weeks

She gave me 1 started plant. It's approx 1 ft tall. It's a feminized autobud.

Very cool

Do you fertilize?

Yes....depending on the quality of your soil. I have zero issue with you digging up a spot, removing all weeds and roots and adding in a bag of miracle grow outdoor grow soil....which is balanced and won't burn your plant.

Now... if your through with heavy frost.

You can become very detailed in your mixing of fertilizers. There is a growth period and budding period that require different nutrients. But a general lite mix of 10-10-10 .... better yet 5-5-5 ... (i worry about burning with direct mixing of fertilizers) through out the season if you think you need to. A good outdoor grow soil for like raised beds does just fine.

It will be outdoors? Just how susceptible to wind,

Usually not a problem. They can get heavy with bud later in the year and the wind can bend them over, snapping them which pisses me off, but usually not a problem.

Some strains can be. Generally not a problem. I kill any genetics that give me mold problems because there are strains that have very little issue. The ones that do have mold problems I don't want to deal with.

pests are they?

They are not the tastiest plant out there but pest can be a problem at different times. I've never had an insect problem. Early in the season everything likes a sprout so....protect them with fencing if you have a rabbit problem. After they adapt to the transplanting, they are fairly hearty...like any garden plant. If something bites off a part, and it happens, the plant recovers as long as it's not badly abused. Ather they are knee high, I rarely have problems unless there are droughts and the natural vegetation is limited. Droughts create a problem because I water them and then small animals like rabbits and chipmunks will chew the bark and that will kill them.

Keep it simple is not a bad way to go and depending on your soil...treat it like corn...and yeah tomatoes with thinking about the questions you had here.

The light cycles are what make it flower. Never cut the lights back, and it'll stay in a vegetative state theoretically...forever.

That's what you do when you get a good feminine strain. Grow a "mother" plant, and just keep taking cuts off of it.

Indoor growing. I've just begun with this last fall. I started with auto flower plants working with 18 hours of lighting. Got one harvest. Had a hard water issue so I got root lock and had to correct that and did ok. I no longer use my well water and get it from a local spring. That's made this next round look much better. I'm almost through the second group...I will be pulling those this month. I am easily double in weight from the first time and the buds are much better this time around.

I haven't gone to working with seeds requiring to change the lights yet, but am thinking about it for next fall. My effort now is switching back to outdoor for the season, but I am going to keep a batch going indoor too.

I'm already learning my humidity settings and temp controls are different...because it's not winter and the natural air is changing what I have had to do.

Doing some research on the strain and it seems that it is pretty decent. 16-20% THC with yields of 40-200 grams per plant. Hell, even 40 grams of 16% seems to be worth the effort.

Doing some research on the strain and it seems that it is pretty decent. 16-20% THC with yields of 40-200 grams per plant. Hell, even 40 grams of 16% seems to be worth the effort.

Get one tiny bud out of it and it's worth the effort. 😄

These are what I got for outside this year. By mail. 3 female clones. Ice Cream Zundae? All about 12" tall right now in small pots in my shop basement under regular tubes till I put them outside next week.

By mail seemed odd but they had a great set up and even had a little light inside.

mailgirl.jpg

Conditions are going to impact those numbers quite a bit. The gentler the weather and the quality of the soil will have the most impact. Wind...they don't want to be in the wide open. Like @broncosmitty said sort of like a tomato plant, they may need something to help prop them up if they grow tall. Keep the soil around the base like you would tomato's...tilled garden like and weed free. Make sure they get watered at least every three days. They don't want to be in soaked conditions. You may need to bump them with a fertilizer later in the year. Like @beardown07 said, they need additional phosphorous beginning when the buds start to develop.

These are what I got for outside this year. By mail. 3 female clones. Ice Cream Zundae? All about 12" tall right now in small pots in my shop basement under regular tubes till I put them outside next week.

By mail seemed odd but they had a great set up and even had a little light inside.

View attachment 70947

That's funny seeing the whole plant in the mail.

View attachment 70947

btw....my outdoor plants are not near that far along...they are just little guys right now. This is just the time to get started here if the seeds are 90 days to maturity. That's mature for this far north. How long is it expected for those to reach maturity?