tOfficial “Weed Growers” Thread

btw....my outdoor plants are not near that far along...they are just little guys right now. This is just the time to get started here if the seeds are 90 days to maturity. That's mature for this far north. How long is it expected for those to reach maturity?

I haven't used seeds in 20 years. Nothing but clones. Where I used to live it was Time Warp or Pine Berry and because they were developed locally for outside they started noticeably flowering around late July. Finished up late September. But you had to be really careful once the weather started getting cooler at night and you got dew. Dew lead to mould and could trash an entire cola.

I'll put these ones out Mid may in individual pots. I'll let them get to about 5' tall (late July?) and then I force them to flower. I have my shop right next to my growing area and I wheel them inside on a two wheel tilt dolly. At this point (flowering) I let then be outside (if it's not raining) for 12 hours and then back into the shop for 12 hours of pitch black. I usually finish up around mid-Sept. Until they start flowering I let the rain hit them. Don't have much of a pest problem (aside from deer) but I keep my eyes open for mildew and mites.

This is a picture of a picture of my last Time Warp plant's main cola. That one was worth the effort.

bigone.JPG

I haven't used seeds in 20 years. Nothing but clones. Where I used to live it was Time Warp or Pine Berry and because they were developed locally for outside they started noticeably flowering around late July. Finished up late September. But you had to be really careful once the weather started getting cooler at night and you got dew. Dew lead to mould and could trash an entire cola.

I'll put these ones out Mid may in individual pots. I'll let them get to about 5' tall (late July?) and then I force them to flower. I have my shop right next to my growing area and I wheel them inside on a two wheel tilt dolly. At this point (flowering) I let then be outside (if it's not raining) for 12 hours and then back into the shop for 12 hours of pitch black. I usually finish up around mid-Sept. Until they start flowering I let the rain hit them. Don't have much of a pest problem (aside from deer) but I keep my eyes open for mildew and mites.

This is a picture of a picture of my last Time Warp plant's main cola. That one was worth the effort.

View attachment 70948

That's very neat. Pot being illegal here has held me back with doing methods like this. I never wanted plants in my house so I learned to grow exclusively outdoors and away from the house. This required getting strains that could handle the changing conditions outside that lead to things like mold. Mold has always been an issue which I have learned to control with seed genetics and making sure I was careful what I integrated into the property. So I have my own seed that has evolved over the years. I've learned to cross pollenate on my own. Some years I've done better than others.

The last few years its become much easier getting quality seeds and along with the information that is on line so my seeds are changing rapidly too.

But I still have that old way of doing things. I haven't looked into ordering live plants. I hadn't considered it yet even.

This year I picked up seeds from company called Humboldt. I bought 20 seeds each of Humboldt Dream and Pineapple Muffin. I have high hopes these will be a great addition to the family.

No guarantees with seeds is my feeling. I don't want males anywhere near my girls. It's the sexually frustrated female who produces the best green. I had one plant go male on one branch 6 or 7 years ago and I didn't notice until it was too late. Fucked up all thos nice female buds.

I used to get my clones from a friend but his mom passed from yup, COVID, 2 years ago and he inherited. So he's no longer in the biddness.

It's legal up here thanks to JT and his team but clones are hard to find. They aren't in any of the stores.

So I took a stroll through the internet and found this place. It cost $120 to have the 3 delivered, $65 of which was shipping with a guarantee to arrive alive. Only in Canada though, pity...

No guarantees with seeds is my feeling. I don't want males anywhere near my girls. It's the sexually frustrated female who produces the best green. I had one plant go male on one branch 6 or 7 years ago and I didn't notice until it was too late. Fucked up all thos nice female buds.

It's work and there have been many bumps along the way. But I have enough land and keep groups of plants segregated to ensure mess ups are limited in scope.

That's very neat. Pot being illegal here has held me back with doing methods like this. I never wanted plants in my house so I learned to grow exclusively outdoors and away from the house. This required getting strains that could handle the changing conditions outside that lead to things like mold. Mold has always been an issue which I have learned to control with seed genetics and making sure I was careful what I integrated into the property. So I have my own seed that has evolved over the years. I've learned to cross pollenate on my own. Some years I've done better than others.

The last few years its become much easier getting quality seeds and along with the information that is on line so my seeds are changing rapidly too.

But I still have that old way of doing things. I haven't looked into ordering live plants. I hadn't considered it yet even.

This year I picked up seeds from company called Humboldt. I bought 20 seeds each of Humboldt Dream and Pineapple Muffin. I have high hopes these will be a great addition to the family.
Humboldt is the company where Dream Queen seeds came from

The cottage industry that existed up here 4 years ago has taken over things on the non-government side.

There are large clone producers but they supply medical operations.

But the longhair grower brigade has morphed into a place like the one I got my clones. It's quite difficult to get one from a guy who had put his blood sweat and tears into developing his strain.

But more and more are just developing clones like this for delivery.

Not up here.

Legal just like abortions!
You lucky bastards!!! One plant here is a felony. Luckily, about three hundred yards from here is a state line whereas recreational is decriminalized and growing is legal. It is cheaper and far less legally punishable for me to buy mine. I can't wait until TN decriminalizes ... got my hydro grow plans already made.

I usually only do the one "properly" but they sent me 3 clones this year.

So I've got my one in dirt front and centre where I can baby it daily. Protected by stucco wire.

And I put the other 2 across my creek in amongst the blackberry brambles to keep the deer away from them.

This one has doubled in size in 1 week. The stem of the big leaves is a dark purple. So for sure it's different than last year's strain. And it already has an odour which should get the missus frothed up. She's a smell nazi.

The white stuff is slug bait. in case the band of copper wire around the rim of the pot needs help. The copper gives them a little electric jolt I think when their slime contacts it.

younglass.jpg

I used to get my clones from a friend but his mom passed from yup, COVID, 2 years ago and he inherited. So he's no longer in the biddness.

It's legal up here thanks to JT and his team but clones are hard to find. They aren't in any of the stores.

So I took a stroll through the internet and found this place. It cost $120 to have the 3 delivered, $65 of which was shipping with a guarantee to arrive alive. Only in Canada though, pity...
Was gonna say, no way that goes through the U.S. mail...still illegal federally.

Was gonna say, no way that goes through the U.S. mail...still illegal federally.

Fuck the US mail and pony express.

You live in a 3rd world fascist country ain't my problem.

I live amongst the enlightened in Soviet Canuckistan.

Where as I said we can still get abortions as well.

And long guns seem endangered.

Last edited:
That was actually funny.