Trey Lance to Dallas

How has Lynch not been fired. Three #1's and a 3rd for Lance, passes up larger packages during the draft, settles for a 4th rounder. I'm not thrilled because if you can't beat Sam stinking Darnold then how good can you be?

Yeah I hate to say but besides the Lance reach he’s done a really good job.

Fire him!

There are people practicing medicine right now who weren’t even born the last time Dallas sniffed second place.
I wasn't alive the last time we lost a SB either.

I was alive and watching when we won three of them. :suds:

He was Jay Cutler.

That's what EVERY scouting report said. Big arm, good athlete, makes dumb throws cuz of big arm.
Jeff George 2.0, or is it 3.0 after Cutler?

Huh? Mahomes was most certainly among the top-ranked qb's coming out, most draftniks had him being drafted somewhere within the top 15 picks. Of course, no one could've imagined he'd be as good as he's become, but he certainly wasnt some "project" that Andy Reid bravely took a flyer on and drafted. On top of that, I clearly remember wondering why in the world Trubisky was receiving so much hype, given what I saw during UNC games, I just didnt see some up-and-coming star that was a cant miss, bonafide top-3 talent.
Yep.

Jeff George 2.0, or is it 3.0 after Cutler?
I actually hate that comparison. I get it, but I don't like it. George was a statue. Big arm and INTs, sure, but Cutler was at least a good athlete.

Huh? Mahomes was most certainly among the top-ranked qb's coming out, most draftniks had him being drafted somewhere within the top 15 picks. Of course, no one could've imagined he'd be as good as he's become, but he certainly wasnt some "project" that Andy Reid bravely took a flyer on and drafted. On top of that, I clearly remember wondering why in the world Trubisky was receiving so much hype, given what I saw during UNC games, I just didnt see some up-and-coming star that was a cant miss, bonafide top-3 talent.
It was Watson and Trubisky. Mahomes was not really even in that conversation.

He was a top 5 QB, but there was absolutely NO ONE mentioning him in the same breath as the aforementioned.

Point of discussion: Was Lance (or will Lance be) the biggest bust of the 2021 draft? Not in terms of what was given up to get him, but in terms of actual output. I’m thinking the guy chosen one spot above him may actually be worse in the long run.

It was Watson and Trubisky. Mahomes was not really even in that conversation.

He was a top 5 QB, but there was absolutely NO ONE mentioning him in the same breath as the aforementioned.
Newsflash: top 5 quarterback means that a guy is "in that conversation"

Point of discussion: Was Lance (or will Lance be) the biggest bust of the 2021 draft? Not in terms of what was given up to get him, but in terms of actual output. I’m thinking the guy chosen one spot above him may actually be worse in the long run.
Considering that Lance will likely get very little playing time, I dont' think his output will beat Wilson's. At least someone thought Wilson was good enough to get playing time. It doesn't look like Lance will get much of any PT in Dallas. And he barely got any time on the field in SF.

Considering that Lance will likely get very little playing time, I dont' think his output will beat Wilson's. At least someone thought Wilson was good enough to get playing time. It doesn't look like Lance will get much of any PT in Dallas. And he barely got any time on the field in SF.
I think over the next two seasons, Lance and Wilson will get very similar amounts of playing time. The only question is whether two years from now Lance can develop into an NFL quarterback and Wilson can develop into a human being his teammates don’t want to strangle.

I never said he was a project coming out of college but if you look at the scouting reports coming out of college he was not the top ranked prospect either and there were questions about him. He was still considered by most to be a first round pick but after the fact it is generally agreed he vastly exceeded expectations. He was not the John Elway can't miss prospect coming out.

It is hard to say at this point. Lance is still young. He is intelligent and has a good work ethic. one of the reasons he was drafted. He isn't a Jamarcus Russell who was doomed from Day one because of his awful work ethic. Even if he doesn't live up to the number 3 pick, there still is a chance he could become a decent NFL QB, even a fairly good one and something along the lines of a Alex Smith type career.

I think Dallas gets Lance some garbage time exposure and flips him in the offseason for a higher pick. I don't see him being the future, and I don't see him getting actual time over Dak unless he and Cooper are both hurt. I know that's how Dak got his start, but not likely to happen.