Tropical System Laura

I know a dood who dated a girl named Laura Kupperman in HS. When she'd blow him, she'd hold a towel the entire time to catch the load.

True story.

Well, she’s not getting the same shear that Marco got. Crazy how that goes.

Sitting here today thinking how fucking hot it is, then read that high pressure is over the peninsula and pushing her west (sorry LA and TX) and I thought “I can live with this heat”.

Seeing her going up over the next 24, possibly Cat 3. Hunker down folks!

Well, she’s not getting the same shear that Marco got. Crazy how that goes.

Sitting here today thinking how fucking hot it is, then read that high pressure is over the peninsula and pushing her west (sorry LA and TX) and I thought “I can live with this heat”.

Seeing her going up over the next 24, possibly Cat 3. Hunker down folks!
I thought I heard it might get cat 4 by landfall

I thought I heard it might get cat 4 by landfall
She blew the fuck up overnight. 115 mph. That’s the thing when something gets in the gulf this time of year. Relatively shallow body of water and super hot (think I saw the water temp in Clearwater the other weeks was 92-93). Expecting Cat 4 by landfall overnight from what I see. She’s still got some warm water and favorable conditions in front of her.

So much the hope that the same shear that punched Marcos ticket would be around, or that Marco turned up some cooler water in the gulf and sapped energy. This time of year in the gulf a storm merely just turns up more warm water.

Up to 125 mph now. The eye is just over 300 miles offshore. At present forward speed the eye reaches shore in 19-20 hours. Figure a good 8-9 hours yet of her not realizing land is coming. It’s been a voracious growth over the last 18-24 hours.

I would have figured a little slowing forward motion and going through a regeneration phase by this point.

This is going to be bad as it can be for about 100 miles of TX and LA coastline, especially if she starts to slow forward motion and keep feeding on the warm gulf.

They are talking 15-20 ft surge at the worst spots and the surge might go as far as 30 miles inland. Jesus

Everybody that way be careful. Scary stuff.

The exclamation at the end has me thinking Cantore came in his pants a little while tweeting this.

That was an absolute monster coming in shore last night. Apparently the eye is well inland at this point and still a low cat 3.

Sun coming up and the visuals are going to be brutal this morning.

Unsurvivable is the new scary term? The media just sucks. Laura was a :

1598539623824.png

I don't watch the news. How bad was it? As bad as they say? Checking twitter...
I don’t watch either but follow enough quality people on FB to get the weather news that way.

Pretty bad, yeah. Drone footage I’ve seen so far is standard hurricane damage. Will be a lot of blue tarps in that part of the county for a while.

Pretty tall building in Lake Charles has a lot of windows out on one side. You know which direction the wind comes from.

I’ve not seen anything else worse yet.