Tropical System Laura

Unsurvivable is the new scary term? The media just sucks. Laura was a :

View attachment 1282
It was a little more than that....but yeah....I’m starting to feel she didn’t impact as bad as they thought.

Unsurvivable was the NHC (media was just aping it). If you weren’t able to get people to leave in the past they weren’t leaving since you started using that word.

If you see the power still on in shots, it ain't that bad. In fact, most I've seen showed winds at about 60mph with 75mph gusts. It was a Cat 2 situation. Lately, every storm jumps from nothing to Cat 4 + in no time. That's suspicious IMO.

I think they started measuring the speed at the top of the clouds instead of the bottom of them...or something. If any of those cheap ass apartments and gas stations saw actual 140+ mph sustained winds, they'd be blown away.

The media has become an utter farce. Even spinning the weather now. (poor choice of words?) :rolleyes2:
Well, yeah. They spin everything. But in this case they were just aping what the NHC was saying. Unsurvivable is the new scare you to action word for 2020 hurricane season.

Well, yeah. They spin everything. But in this case they were just aping what the NHC was saying. Unsurvivable is the new scare you to action word for 2020 hurricane season.
curious to see how many people they will find in the next few days.

there are already 3 dead from trees falling on houses

curious to see how many people they will find in the next few days.

there are already 3 dead from trees falling on houses
Yeah. Shame is just leave. I know I read about one guy who had a farm with 100 animals. Tough spot, I get it.

But the jackasses that just stay because they can....even if this was as damaging as it looked like it’s going be it’s still bad and dangerous as hell

I remember when I was younger telling my father that a storm was “only” going to be a high tropical storm when it gets over us. He challenged me to drive down the road at 70 and stick my head out the window and decide if that’s docile. It’s not.

Getting ugly in Lake Charles. Apparently a big ship broke loose and ran into a bridge too.