Truck Owners Thread

Does Ford actually have a Ford logo on the Broncos

Blue oval badge on tailgate, driver side.

I had to actually go and look, and sure enough it's on the tailgate, drivers side.

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Bought this 2023 Silverado back in March. I was long overdue for something new.

20230317_143333.jpg20230317_143317.jpg

Kept my 2009 Dodge Ram, but it's been relegated to acreage beater truck. It's got the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty so I'll probably always have it.

Love that color

Thanks. I hear that a lot. It's called 'Northsky Blue Metallic'.

The sales manager's dad is a friend of mine, so I got a pretty good deal on it.
I wanted a white one that they had, but he said "No, you want that blue one over there."
I asked "Why's that?"
He said "I can give you $5,000 off the blue one because it's been sitting on the lot since last August. The white one just came in last month. There's always incentive in getting rid of older inventory."

That blue shows dirt, dust, water spots, really bad. I live out in the country, so there's lots of gravel road driving. I have to wash it a couple times a week. There's a touchless car wash in a town a few miles away. I got a deal for 8 'ultimate' washes a month for $35.

Love that color
Yeah so do I. The first truck I bought myself brand new was a 1992 Chevrolet Silverado.

(I actually searched for that same truck 3 years ago to repurchase and restore but it ended up in Mexico)

It was Indigo Blue, which that looks to be the same color.... if they still make that color and it's still named that. It looked almost purple at night. Beautiful color.

He said "I can give you $5,000 off the blue one because it's been sitting on the lot since last August. The white one just came in last month. There's always incentive in getting rid of older inventory."

It's called "dealer holdback" money. The factory allows dealerships 2 to 3 percent of invoice price not to be paid if they sale within a certain time. If they don't sale the vehicle within that timeframe, they pay the 2 or 3 percent invoice cost themselves. That's the incentive part....sell it at costs and still make 2 to 3%....

It doesn't look like they offer the Indigo Blue anymore.

These are the available colors on the 2023 Silverado.
It's coming back next year...just looked up the paint codes...

Capture.JPG

It's coming back next year...just looked up the paint codes...

View attachment 103546

I was going to say it WAS the same color rebranded but it's a little different somehow....it's got a different paint code so it's obviously a different color. It looks just like the same color...be hard to tell the two apart unless I could see them side by side.

Still a pretty color...no matter the code or name!

It's called "dealer holdback" money. The factory allows dealerships 2 to 3 percent of invoice price not to be paid if they sale within a certain time. If they don't sale the vehicle within that timeframe, th`ey pay the 2 or 3 percent invoice cost themselves. That's the incentive part....sell it at costs and still make 2 to 3%....

There was a pretty sizeable rebate list he found me. I also got a $500 Veteran's discount.

All in all I think it totaled $8,000 in discounts.
Of course I spent about $4500 of that on undercoating, rustproofing, running boards, spray in bedliner, tonneau cover, and cloth floor mats. LOL

There was a pretty sizeable rebate list he found me. I also got a $500 Veteran's discount.

All in all I think it totaled $8,000 in discounts.
Of course I spent about $4500 of that on undercoating, rustproofing, running boards, spray in bedliner, tonneau cover, and cloth floor mats. LOL

Looks realy good too. You should really be enjoying it now! Always needs a personal touch! haha

You ridin' in style now!

Looks realy good too. You should really be enjoying it now! Always needs a personal touch! haha

You ridin' in style now!

Pshh. I'm still learning the technology side of things with the touch screen in the dash. Backup camera, all the bluetooth stuff, etc. Quite different than my 2009 Dodge Ram that was very basic with AM/FM/CD player.

If I have a complaint it would be the speedometer. They omitted the 10, 30, 50, 70, etc. numbers.
I didn't notice it when I test drove it for some reason. Not sure if it would have been a deal breaker or not. I'd think it's a speeding ticket magnet.
There is a setting so I can see my speed in digital format. The screen is between the odometer and tachometer. However, I have to switch back and forth to see mpg, trip odometer, and other things. Kind of a pain in the ass because I have to reach between the steering wheel to switch.
They should have put the control on the steering wheel or somewhere else more accessible.
20230320_184008.jpg

Pshh. I'm still learning the technology side of things with the touch screen in the dash. Backup camera, all the bluetooth stuff, etc. Quite different than my 2009 Dodge Ram that was very basic with AM/FM/CD player.

If I have a complaint it would be the speedometer. They omitted the 10, 30, 50, 70, etc. numbers.
I didn't notice it when I test drove it for some reason. Not sure if it would have been a deal breaker or not. I'd think it's a speeding ticket magnet.
There is a setting so I can see my speed in digital format. The screen is between the odometer and tachometer. However, I have to switch back and forth to see mpg, trip odometer, and other things. Kind of a pain in the ass because I have to reach between the steering wheel to switch.
They should have put the control on the steering wheel or somewhere else more accessible.
View attachment 103548

Yeah that's fucked up! Ever since Obama and the government bought out GM...

On July 10, 2009, after an auction process and approval by Judge Gerber concluded, GM's continuing operational assets and trademarks were transferred to the sole bidder, a primarily government-owned entity called "NGMCO Inc.", which upon sale assumed the name General Motors Company.

It's the screen in the middle.

I'd rather have that set to MPG, Trip odometer, etc.

In order to change it I have to reach through the steering wheel and turn that knob in between the digital screen and the analog speedometer. It's just not very user friendly IMO.

1688828212766.png

Other things I'm not big on is the 'Parking break' automatically comes on if you're on any kind of an incline. You have to hit the gas pretty hard in order to disengage it.

The other is the 'Auto Stop' when I stop (red light, etc.) the engine literally shuts off and restarts when I hit the gas.

I'm not sure how the whole thing works. i.e. Is the starter involved? If so I can see wearing out starters fairly routinely. Not to mention wear on the flywheel teeth. I guess I'll find out eventually.