UCLA are a bunch of pussies ...

I think you are being a bit generous because I think they are at the bottom of the poll (Nebraska sells tickets regardless but replace Nebraska with Minnesota and they don’t want that game). If ADs are going to risk the L they prefer to do it with as big of name as possible.

I know for a fact that each year Auburn sends out their open dates to the athletic departments of ALL P5 schools and it’s tough to get responses. It does get some interesting games because the PAC has seemed hungry so we’ve seen Auburn play Washington, Oregon and Cal and we will play Cal again this year. We’ve had some series with Washington State as well, in fact I don’t think anyone in the SEC has come close to playing the amount of PAC teams we have the last 10 years but that is because they responded.

We do have a home and home with Miami coming up that is kinda fun because w haven’t played them since the mid 80s.

We tend to play Clemson and FSU a good bit and UNC about every 12 years or so. Other than Kansas State I can’t remember a Big 12 game except Texas years ago. Penn State was the first home and home B1G series we had since like 1938. Every school in the Big 12 and B1G have gotten the list of open dates but we don’t get any calls.

It’s an issue.
I really respect this. I wish Iowa State had the balls to take Auburn (or any other SEC team) up on such an offer. However, the ISU A.D. has a really small pair of balls, and likes to whine about inconsequential things instead of manning up and accepting a challenge. For example, a few years back - when the Florida A.D. posted a tweet looking for ANY P5 OOC team willing to play home and home, the ISU A.D. (instead of accepting the offer) or just keeping his trap shut, posted some jackass comment about Florida only playing 8 conference games (ignoring their annual OOC with FSU). Point is that if historically significant programs like Auburn and Florida put themselves out there willing to play ANY other P5 OOC program home and home, it's not their fault when other programs don't accept. So, while I will never be confused for an Auburn fan, I do sympathize with their plight scheduling good OOC games. I'd love it if ISU played them - even if it meant two losses for Iowa State. Auburn @ Iowa State and Iowa State @ Auburn would be two games that I would definitely attend!

I really respect this. I wish Iowa State had the balls to take Auburn (or any other SEC team) up on such an offer. However, the ISU A.D. has a really small pair of balls, and likes to whine about inconsequential things instead of manning up and accepting a challenge. For example, a few years back - when the Florida A.D. posted a tweet looking for ANY P5 OOC team willing to play home and home, the ISU A.D. (instead of accepting the offer) or just keeping his trap shut, posted some jackass comment about Florida only playing 8 conference games (ignoring their annual OOC with FSU). Point is that if historically significant programs like Auburn and Florida put themselves out there willing to play ANY other P5 OOC program home and home, it's not their fault when other programs don't accept. So, while I will never be confused for an Auburn fan, I do sympathize with their plight scheduling good OOC games. I'd love it if ISU played them - even if it meant two losses for Iowa State. Auburn @ Iowa State and Iowa State @ Auburn would be two games that I would definitely attend!
I appreciate that.

And I am glad they didn't/couldn't play HS sports if that is what it takes. We had way more fun camping, hiking, and spending time wakeboarding, tubing, skiing, and having fun in the boat every weekend.

Trust me ... in our high school, you have to be at the top anyway. We have won over 45 state championships at the highest level in NC since 2006. Our school won the trophy for best athletic program in NC at 4A about 10 times in the last 18 years. It's a machine. Both boys ran cross-country, and one was the manager for the baseball team when he couldn't make it. But if it took travel ball to make the teams, it wasn't going to happen. It's a racket, and no way were we going to spend the time and money to do that.

Meanwhile, our town runs fantastic leagues and both boys' best friends are from those teams in baseball
My kid asked to do it. From the sound of it -- you didn't give your kids the option, which is 100% your call, but I can't do that. I told my kid -- I have no problem with any sport he wants to play, but the day he complains about going to practice or a game or a tourney -- It ends.

He is all in though. So that is my life now. He still does wrestling, basketball and flag football too, but it isn't as crazy as people talk about it.