UCLA are a bunch of pussies ...

New Mexico St was giddy to play @ Auburn last season.,
Well, in his defense, he did say P5 non conference. And those little schools are more than willing to play the big boys for that big fat payday. And when they collect that big fat paycheck AND beat that big boy in the game, it's soooo much sweeter.

:laugh3:

Stop ... UGA, LSU, Bama have no problem scheduling good, quality OOC games. No one is scared of Auburn such that they won't schedule you.
It’s an issue if you want to acknowledge it or not. Auburn hasn’t been scheduling games with PAC teams because we enjoy the West Coast or trying to open recruiting corridors.

It’s an issue if you want to acknowledge it or not. Auburn hasn’t been scheduling games with PAC teams because we enjoy the West Coast or trying to open recruiting corridors.
Then how come UGA, Alabama can get B1G games? OU and TX are playing Michigan in the near future. You've played PSU in the past. I am just not buying that B1G teams are scared to schedule Auburn.

'bUt NeBrAsKa'

Hey, homie. I'm not the one here saying "Nobody wants to play us".

New Mexico St took Auburn's $1.85 million and their manhood (31-10) back to Las Cruces. LMFAO!!
That’s really not what I’m saying.

Auburn is a big risk no reward for a lot of schools. For example Alabama, Texas, ND and I’d put Nebraska in that group can sell ticket packages by playing them. The fan base gets excited.

Auburn will get schools like Clemson, FSU, Georgia Tech, Louisville fan bases excited because of the southern connection but doesn’t pull much weight with the B1G crowd. The risk reward isn’t there.

Think it about Nebraska sends out a survey to fans and asks the fan base to rank who they want to play and the list has:

Auburn
Alabama
Georgia
LSU
Texas
Oklahoma
Florida
Tennessee

Where do you think Auburn would rank when the poll was finished?

Then how come UGA, Alabama can get B1G games? OU and TX are playing Michigan in the near future. You've played PSU in the past. I am just not buying that B1G teams are scared to schedule Auburn.
See my post below this and you will start to understand.

That’s really not what I’m saying.

Auburn is a big risk no reward for a lot of schools. For example Alabama, Texas, ND and I’d put Nebraska in that group can sell ticket packages by playing them. The fan base gets excited.

Auburn will get schools like Clemson, FSU, Georgia Tech, Louisville fan bases excited because of the southern connection but doesn’t pull much weight with the B1G crowd. The risk reward isn’t there.

Think it about Nebraska sends out a survey to fans and asks the fan base to rank who they want to play and the list has:

Auburn
Alabama
Georgia
LSU
Texas
Oklahoma
Florida
Tennessee

Certainly in the bottom half somewhere.

For me personally...

#1 Oklahoma
#2 LSU
#3 Alabama
#4 Tennessee

Auburn would garner about the same excitement as the rest. They all would certainly sell as many tickets as are available.

Auburn
Alabama
Georgia
LSU
Texas
Oklahoma
Florida
Tennessee

23rd?

Certainly in the bottom half somewhere.

For me personally...

#1 Oklahoma
#2 LSU
#3 Alabama
#4 Tennessee

Auburn would garner about the same excitement as the rest. They all would certainly sell as many tickets as are available.
I think you are being a bit generous because I think they are at the bottom of the poll (Nebraska sells tickets regardless but replace Nebraska with Minnesota and they don’t want that game). If ADs are going to risk the L they prefer to do it with as big of name as possible.

I know for a fact that each year Auburn sends out their open dates to the athletic departments of ALL P5 schools and it’s tough to get responses. It does get some interesting games because the PAC has seemed hungry so we’ve seen Auburn play Washington, Oregon and Cal and we will play Cal again this year. We’ve had some series with Washington State as well, in fact I don’t think anyone in the SEC has come close to playing the amount of PAC teams we have the last 10 years but that is because they responded.

We do have a home and home with Miami coming up that is kinda fun because w haven’t played them since the mid 80s.

We tend to play Clemson and FSU a good bit and UNC about every 12 years or so. Other than Kansas State I can’t remember a Big 12 game except Texas years ago. Penn State was the first home and home B1G series we had since like 1938. Every school in the Big 12 and B1G have gotten the list of open dates but we don’t get any calls.

It’s an issue.

I can't say shit this year, we have a rare down year from an OOC standpoint
That happens when you haven't won anything in a while. You want to try to build some confidence for the program. :hide:

I think Auburn just had a home and home with Penn State recently

That's because nobody is scared to schedule Auburn, they just won't get anything out of it. On average, they're a 7-5 team every year the last decade, who the hell wants to waste money doing a H/H with that sort of team?

Auburn would garner about the same excitement as the rest. They all would certainly play in front of as many orphans as are available.
FIFY :biggrin:

That's because nobody is scared to schedule Auburn, they just won't get anything out of it. On average, they're a 7-5 team every year the last decade, who the hell wants to waste money doing a H/H with that sort of team?
You would get pre-season hype .. they are always overrated at the beginning of the year:

1712074489971.png

You would get pre-season hype .. they are always overrated at the beginning of the year:

View attachment 118125
Boy you are right on the money there. Unbelievable, with all the talent and chatter around that program, they're only winning 10+ games 5 times in the last 20 years.

Boy you are right on the money there. Unbelievable, with all the talent and chatter around that program, they're only winning 10+ games 5 times in the last 20 years.
It's truly amazing. Obviously, they won a NC with Scam Newton, but lost 5 games the year before and after. They've not had any sustained success in forever. They get a lot of mileage from beating Bama more than anyone else due to the voodoo in Jordan Haire.

UGA is 16-3 against them, which is really like how UF owned us in the late 80s - early 00s, and I remember how horrible that was.

They are 12-4 against Bama, but they beat Bama 6 straight times in the early 00s.

In their defense, most teams that played their schedule in the SECW - Bama, LSU, and UGA every year - would also start at 3 losses per year.