UGA is at UT in Austin the same weekend as the F1 race ...

Cold+rain is the absolute worst. I'd much rather do 20 and snowing than 40 and raining
I've done it and it ain't happening again and I don't care if Auburn is guaranteed to win a natty in that shit I'm staying home.

I'm not doing 20s and snow either as that would be miserable as well.

I can do rain and I can do 40 degrees but I don't want to do both at the same time anymore. If we are getting in the 30s then forget it I'm just not made for that and will watch on TV.

I was in Chicago 6 years ago on a campus visit with my daughter and it was about 27 degrees and a constant misting rain on a Sunday with the Bears in town. People were loaning onto the L left and right to get to the game and all I could think was F that.
It was 27 degrees and misting rain?

john turturro pete hogwallop GIF

I've done it and it ain't happening again and I don't care if Auburn is guaranteed to win a natty in that shit I'm staying home.

I'm not doing 20s and snow either as that would be miserable as well.

Nah you can bundle up against that and the snow doesnt soak through everything. That's fun football weather. Nothing like a snowball fight in the stands

It was 27 degrees and misting rain?

john turturro pete hogwallop GIF
That's Chicago bro, not much makes sense weather-wise. The wind between buildings can cut you in half. People wear all kinds of layers and crank the heat in buildings to the point you can't breathe and walk around in sweaters. I can't live in that world.

This is a huge gaffe. Hotel prices would have been prohibitive to start with.

worried about the hotel thing too much.. you need to prepare for the nightmare that is the Airport

Buddies and I did this for the Nd-Ohio State game. Got our room way in advance. Fucking hotel sold and new owners said they didn't have to honor previous reservations. Needless to say the rooms now were over $225/night more than what we had previously reserved them at.

After bitching a lot and talking to a bunch of different people they did end up going back and giving us are original reservation price
Work in the hotel business and not honoring the original rate is fucking insane. The revenue manager probably got in a bunch of shit for not pricing the rooms correctly to begin with and then he/she tried to be sly by changing the rates on already booked reservations

It doesn't mean as much when it is going to rain and be REALLY REALLY cold also...if you are making a list.

For Austin?

It's not gonna be REALLY REALLY cold in Austin, TX on Oct 18th.

The lowest daily high on record is 58° in 1999.
The average daily high is 81°

Rain is a possibility anywhere.

I'd fly into Houston or Dallas.....

the S.A airport scares me too.....
My brother went to Texas law school and we drove from Alabama to Austin 3 times to move him in each year and that’s a 14 hour miserable drive.

I’ve seen Auburn play in Austin and don’t feel a great need to go back.

I'd fly into Houston or Dallas.....

the S.A airport scares me too.....
i haven't flown into San Antonio in Years.. like 10 years or so.. So i would take your word for it. If I attend the game, I too will be driving to Austin.. back to back games vs ou then uga.. nice.

My brother went to Texas law school and we drove from Alabama to Austin 3 times to move him in each year and that’s a 14 hour miserable drive.

I’ve seen Auburn play in Austin and don’t feel a great need to go back.
lol i wish Austin would have stayed the same the last time you came here (1991?)