UGA is at UT in Austin the same weekend as the F1 race ...

i haven't flown into San Antonio in Years.. like 10 years or so.. So i would take your word for it. If I attend the game, I too will be driving to Austin.. back to back games vs ou then uga.. nice.
Never used the San Antonio airport. I've dropped people off there and seen it from the outside many times.

It does seem a lot like Austin's old airport. Not exactly the best travel options.

My brother went to Texas law school and we drove from Alabama to Austin 3 times to move him in each year and that’s a 14 hour miserable drive.

I’ve seen Auburn play in Austin and don’t feel a great need to go back.

Can't be nearly as bad as the 11.5 hour drive from Beaumont, TX to El Paso TX on I-10.

Never used the San Antonio airport. I've dropped people off there and seen it from the outside many times.

It does seem a lot like Austin's old airport. Not exactly the best travel options.
ahh Robert Mueller airport.. flew into and out of there many times as a kid.. My ex gf in high school lived close to it too...

Can't be nearly as bad as the 11.5 hour drive from Beaumont, TX to El Paso TX on I-10.
lol I used to drive 22.5 hours from Richmond to Austin a couple times a year.... I would try my best to make it across the Memphis to Ark bridge before getting some sleep.. cause of those trips..if it's longer than 4 hours.. i'll just fly

ahh Robert Mueller airport.. flew into and out of there many times as a kid.. My ex gf in high school lived close to it too...
Had a friend who lived close to it as well. Don't know how anyone could stand to live in the flight path that close.

The aircraft noise would drive me nuts.

lol I used to drive 22.5 hours from Richmond to Austin a couple times a year.... I would try my best to make it across the Memphis to Ark bridge before getting some sleep.. cause of those trips..if it's longer than 4 hours.. i'll just fly

Furthest I've ever driven straight through was Biloxi, MS to Omaha, NE when my grandfather passed away in the 80's.

It took 15 hrs.

My head was mush by the time I got there.

Had a friend who lived close to it as well. Don't know how anyone could stand to live in the flight path that close.

The aircraft noise would drive me nuts.
only good thing it provided for me was it would buffer the noise of me climbing into and out of her window

Furthest I've ever driven straight through was Biloxi, MS to Omaha, NE when my grandfather passed away in the 80's.

It took 15 hrs.

My head was mush by the time I got there.
Drove straight from north GA to Sioux City, Iowa just a couple weeks ago. Took around 16 hours. Got up early the next morning and drove to Sturgis, then through the Badlands and then on to the hunting lodge just in time to see the UGA-Ole Miss kickoff

Drove straight from north GA to Sioux City, Iowa just a couple weeks ago. Took around 16 hours. Got up early the next morning and drove to Sturgis, then through the Badlands and then on to the hunting lodge just in time to see the UGA-Ole Miss kickoff

It's not so bad when it's daylight, but once it gets dark it starts to wear on the brain.

I learned to drive the first 6-7 hours in the dark. Then the remainder of the trip was daylight.

Any drive through Texas between metro areas is typically miserable. Lot of small towns population of 500.

Any drive through Texas between metro areas is typically miserable. Lot of small towns population of 500.
drove to lubbock a few days after arriving in Houston.. that really was miserable.. however the allsups burritos made up for some of it

yeah if you want to stay in downtown austin.. but you can get a good price room elsewhere.. probably need to check out hotels in Buda or Cedar Park area... but you already have the date, go ahead and put in a reservation in now

I'm going to do the same thing for Ann Arbor
Why would you travel to the best city in the USA and sleep in Buda?

It's not so bad when it's daylight, but once it gets dark it starts to wear on the brain.

I learned to drive the first 6-7 hours in the dark. Then the remainder of the trip was daylight.
I cheated too. There were 3 drivers. I took the morning shift and then started drinking

I cheated too. There were 3 drivers. I took the morning shift and then started drinking

We used to do that on Vegas trips from Omaha.

18 hours at 6 hours each.

There was an old Texaco gas station along I-80 in Wyoming where we'd get gas. The guy that worked there (I assume owned it) was out in the boonies all by himself. The sheep were likely nervous.

I asked him "How many miles to Salt Lake city?"

He answered "292.3 miles, if you don't change lanes."