UM folds ... accepts punishment

their depth chart is like 19 seniors. 8 and 4 is probably a good year.

At least the rotations on defense are getting those underclassmen some reps, but yeah they're gonna have to replace a lot of quality starters. At least Graham (who might be the best player on this defense right now), Moore and Will Johnson will be back. Hopefully Stewart and Moore stay another year, I think both are draft eligible.

One good thing about our schedule next year is that while we'll be most likely be replacing our QB, so could Texas/USC/Oregon/Wash/Maryland. I think the attrition will hurt more on offense than defense. At least Oregon/USC/Texas will be home games and they dodge PSU. Fresno State could be annoying, they're a very respectable mid-major and have a history of beating P5 teams (and ranked ones at that). Tedford's a damn good coach.

Last edited:
At least the rotations on defense are getting those underclassmen some reps, but yeah they're gonna have to replace a lot of quality starters. At least Graham (who might be the best player on this defense right now), Moore and Will Johnson will be back. Hopefully Stewart and Moore stay another year, I think both are draft eligible.

One good thing about our schedule next year is that while we'll be most likely be replacing our QB, so could Texas/USC/Oregon/Wash/Maryland. I think the attrition will hurt more on offense than defense. At least Oregon/USC/Texas will be home games and they dodge PSU. Fresno State could be annoying, they're a very respectable mid-major and have a history of beating P5 teams (and ranked ones at that). Tedford's a damn good coach.
Moore is a true sophomore. Stewart isn't leaving either. Hausmann will take over at LB. The defense is set next year.

Offense is where we have questions. QB is the biggest question.

Moore is a true sophomore. Stewart isn't leaving either. Hausmann will take over at LB. The defense is set next year.

Thanks for the correction on Rod Moore. Barrett will be a loss at LB, won't miss Colson too much

Thanks for the correction on Rod Moore. Barrett will be a loss at LB, won't miss Colson too much
I thought you meant Derrick Moore, the DE, he is a true sophomore. Rod Moore is a junior. Not sure if he will leave. He had to miss time this year with an injury, so he may come back. He is only 20. So he is a young junior.

I thought you meant Derrick Moore, the DE, he is a true sophomore. Rod Moore is a junior. Not sure if he will leave. He had to miss time this year with an injury, so he may come back. He is only 20. So he is a young junior.

Yeah, I knew Derrick is a true sophomore. Having him back will be huge. Stewart/Moore/Graham/Benny looks like a good DL

So what you are saying is -- the sign stuff means little to nothing? As even without a HC, without our LB coach, without Stallions -- Michigan is still favored against the #2 team in the country.

Nebraska is favored, IMO, because Iowa isn't very good to begin with (only good team they played all year, they lost 31-0 to Penn State), they have nothing to play for and Nebraska has everything to play for, as they have a chance to be bowl eligible for the first time in forever.

Iowa will be 'playing for' a 10 win regular season and a better bowl than if they have just a 9 win season.

Iowa likes to hang banners.

Iowa will be 'playing for' a 10 win regular season and a better bowl than if they have just a 9 win season.

Iowa likes to hang banners
Iowa will have multiple chances to win a 10th, though i'm not really sure winning 10 is a thing anymore as teams all play 13, 14 games now.

And if Iowa likes to hang banners -- i'd think they would want to be full strength in the one game they could hang a legit banner -- The B1G Conference Champion

This makes no sense. Normally we have some good balanced conversations. I am going to just chalk this up to it being crazy week.
I'm not sure what is confusing you about that. My answers were straight forward. I've said numerous times I think Zach Smith is a POS and he comes off nowadays as a loser with his "insider takes" and shit. However, that situation with his wife was a lot different than you seem to understand. Back in the mid-2010s I lived about 5-10 minutes from their house and she had a bit of a reputation with local bartenders about being a terrible drunk who was always sparking drama somehow, and the statements from her mom back that up quite a bit.

I'm not sure what is confusing you about that. My answers were straight forward. I've said numerous times I think Zach Smith is a POS and he comes off nowadays as a loser with his "insider takes" and shit. However, that situation with his wife was a lot different than you seem to understand. Back in the mid-2010s I lived about 5-10 minutes from their house and she had a bit of a reputation with local bartenders about being a terrible drunk who was always sparking drama somehow, and the statements from her mom back that up quite a bit.
Good to know. Facts are also that Meyer attempted to cover it up and lied about doing so.

Iowa will have multiple chances to win a 10th, though i'm not really sure winning 10 is a thing anymore as teams all play 13, 14 games now.

And if Iowa likes to hang banners -- i'd think they would want to be full strength in the one game they could hang a legit banner -- The B1G Conference Champion
Iowa knows they aren't beating Ohio State or michigan. If they beat Nebraska but don't get too tough a bowl game, they can end the year with 11 wins - something they've accomplished only 3 times in their existence. They're not resting anyone vs Nebraska.

Iowa knows they aren't beating Ohio State or michigan. If they beat Nebraska but don't get too tough a bowl game, they can end the year with 11 wins - something they've accomplished only 3 times in their existence. They're not resting anyone vs Nebraska.
If you think a school is going to play in the B1G championship game and they believe they aren't beating whoever they play -- you are beyond foolish. WE may think that, as fans, but no one in their locker room is thinking that way.

And people keep talking about 10 wins and 11 wins, like it is an achievement now? They added a 12 game to the regular season less than 20 years ago -- it made winning 10 mean very little. It means you lost 3 games. It was a big deal when they only played 12, it was really big deal when they only played 11. Now though -- I guess I don't see it as an achievement.

Yeah, I knew Derrick is a true sophomore. Having him back will be huge. Stewart/Moore/Graham/Benny looks like a good DL
Kenneth Grant will be back also -- he is going to be a beast. He is already showing it now.

The point? OSU has just as many skeletons as UM
How? First off that was 5 years ago. Secondly they responded immediately and suspended Meyer. When you get down to the facts about Smith and his wife, it honestly shouldn't have cost him his job considering he was never even officially charged with assault or anything, but the school reacted quickly and appropriately. Apples and oranges compared to michigan, especially when you consider the fact michigan has had to fire 5 coaches/assistants this year for a variety of major issues.

Umm, everyone, including Michigan, uses Catapult Sports.
Here is the football team, wearing Catapult sports bras.

View attachment 111761

Here is an article about how Catapult gives Michigan an edge from a Michigan-themed sports site.

Catapult provides all-22 film for just about everyone.

But you keep grasping. One of those straws is bound to pay off.
Not everyone has insiders stealing specific film for them that is left out of tape for everyone else...welcome to the point.

If you think a school is going to play in the B1G championship game and they believe they aren't beating whoever they play -- you are beyond foolish. WE may think that, as fans, but no one in their locker room is thinking that way.

And people keep talking about 10 wins and 11 wins, like it is an achievement now? They added a 12 game to the regular season less than 20 years ago -- it made winning 10 mean very little. It means you lost 3 games. It was a big deal when they only played 12, it was really big deal when they only played 11. Now though -- I guess I don't see it as an achievement.
Winning 10 games is a very big deal. There are a very small number of schools who can do it with any regularity so it's still a milestone. Yes, I'm aware Iowa isn't already chalking up the CCG as a loss you fool. What I'm saying is they have no reason to rest anyone if it means losing to Nebraska and costing themselves a chance at a better bowl game. The better the bowl game, the more money for the program. Anyone who knows football knows that.

How many OL are you losing after this year? I thought I heard it was either 4 or 5. That seems like uncharted waters for you guys in recent years, you always have experience there it seems.

Winning 10 games is a very big deal. There are a very small number of schools who can do it with any regularity so it's still a milestone. Yes, I'm aware Iowa isn't already chalking up the CCG as a loss you fool. What I'm saying is they have no reason to rest anyone if it means losing to Nebraska and costing themselves a chance at a better bowl game. The better the bowl game, the more money for the program. Anyone who knows football knows that.
It WAS a very big deal to win 10. Now you have 20 teams doing it a year.

And using your logic, "since you know football", Iowa would make more money as a program by losing to Nebraska, making Nebraska bowl eligible, as all the money from bowl games for the B1G are put in a pot and split evenly among conference members.

I'm sure you knew that though, because you know football.

It WAS a very big deal to win 10. Now you have 20 teams doing it a year.

And using your logic, "since you know football", Iowa would make more money as a program by losing to Nebraska, making Nebraska bowl eligible, as all the money from bowl games for the B1G are put in a pot and split evenly among conference members.

I'm sure you knew that though, because you know football.
You think Iowa would make more money for getting 1/14th what Nebraska gets for their bottom-tier bowl game than by going to a better bowl game themselves? Might want to do some checking on that one, sport.