UM folds ... accepts punishment

1700660647975.png

Oh noes!!! They must have cheated!!! Here's the evidence!!!
:dhd: :dhd: :dhd: :dhd: :dhd:

You think Iowa would make more money for getting 1/14th what Nebraska gets for their bottom-tier bowl game than by going to a better bowl game themselves? Might want to do some checking on that one, sport.
1/14th of nothing is alot more than 1/14th of whatever bowl Iowa ends up at, sport.

Since you know football -- you will know, unless you are in the CFP or one of the handful of other bowls who take the top teams who don't make the CFP -- the payouts on the bowl games won't be big. Iowa and Nebraska will likely make very close to the same for whatever bowl they reach.

1/14th of nothing is alot more than 1/14th of whatever bowl Iowa ends up at, sport.

Since you know football -- you will know, unless you are in the CFP or one of the handful of other bowls who take the top teams who don't make the CFP -- the payouts on the bowl games won't be big. Iowa and Nebraska will likely make very close to the same for whatever bowl they reach.
What's that again?

Iowa will have multiple chances to win a 10th, though i'm not really sure winning 10 is a thing anymore as teams all play 13, 14 games now.

And if Iowa likes to hang banners -- i'd think they would want to be full strength in the one game they could hang a legit banner -- The B1G Conference Champion

Pshh

They're highly unlikely to win the CCG.

If they have multiple chances to win their 10th game, then they have multiple chances to win 11.

"iT's LiKe yOu'Ve NeVeR pLaYeD fOOtBaLL"

Iowa knows they aren't beating Ohio State or michigan. If they beat Nebraska but don't get too tough a bowl game, they can end the year with 11 wins - something they've accomplished only 3 times in their existence. They're not resting anyone vs Nebraska.

giphy.gif

Pshh

If they have multiple chances to win their 10th game, then they have multiple chances to win 11.

You are the one who said they like to hang banners. The biggest game Iowa will play this year is the B1G championship. Winning the West isn't something to brag about, but beating UM or OSU is.

The Nebraska Iowa game means absolutely nothing to Iowa. If they win, who cares. If they lose, who cares. They still face the winner of the UM/OSU.

Losing to Nebraska would probably make them the most money for Iowa, as I'd bet Nebraska gets as good or even better bowl game than Iowa, because bowls want teams who travel and Nebraska hasn't been to a bowl game in forever, so they will travel well the next time they make one.

I

You are the one who said they like to hang banners. The biggest game Iowa will play this year is the B1G championship. Winning the West isn't something to brag about, but beating UM or OSU is.

The Nebraska Iowa game means absolutely nothing to Iowa. If they win, who cares. If they lose, who cares. They still face the winner of the UM/OSU.

Losing to Nebraska would probably make them the most money for Iowa, as I'd bet Nebraska gets as good or even better bowl game than Iowa, because bowls want teams who travel and Nebraska hasn't been to a bowl game in forever, so they will travel well the next time they make one.

I

You're truly a fucking idiot.

Iowa will be double digit dogs in the CCG, but they'll give it their best shot just like they will in any other game.

They have the opportunity to win 10, 11, or even 12 games with a bowl win. They're not laying down for Nebraska. :facepalm:

"iT's LiKe yoU've NeVeR pLaYeD fOOtBaLL"

Iowa will be double digit dogs in the CCG, but they'll give it their best shot just like they will in any other game.

They have the opportunity to win 10, 11, or even 12 games with a bowl win. They're not laying down for Nebraska. :facepalm:

"iT's LiKe yoU've NeVeR pLaYeD fOOtBaLl"
Hmmmmmmm -- I'm a 'fucking idiot' for insinuating that Iowa has nothing to play and they may rest starters. Yet, here is Hawkeyes Wire saying the first question asked to Ferentz and here is a quote from their website that says almost verbatim what I said.

The question about resting key starters for the Hawkeyes’ upcoming tilt with Nebraska has been posed. On paper, Iowa has nothing to play for. They clinched the West Division title last week with their 15-13 victory over Illinois. They punched their ticket to the big dance, awaiting the Michigan and Ohio State winner in Indianapolis. They have an upcoming conference championship game, and of course, a bowl game after that. This regular-season finale is pretty much meaningless
Does that quote sound familiar or are the Hawkeye football journalists also fucking idiots? I can go quote exactly what I said, if that'd make it easier for you.

And all I said is that is why the spread was probably so low, that Iowa has nothing to play for. Personally, I hope they use all their starters and win the game, because it'd be much funnier to see Nebraska extend their P5 leading streak of missing bowl games.. We all know how much Nebraska loves their streaks.

Hmmmmmmm -- I'm a 'fucking idiot' for insinuating that Iowa has nothing to play and they may rest starters. Yet, here is Hawkeyes Wire saying the first question asked to Ferentz and here is a quote from their website that says almost verbatim what I said.

Does that quote sound familiar or are the Hawkeye football journalists also fucking idiots? I can go quote exactly what I said, if that'd make it easier for you.

And all I said is that is why the spread was probably so low, that Iowa has nothing to play for. Personally, I hope they use all their starters and win the game, because it'd be much funnier to see Nebraska extend their P5 leading streak of missing bowl games.. We all know how much Nebraska loves their streaks.

LOL, TrustMeIAmRight. Yes you are a fucking idiot.

Odd that you'd omit the link (answers) from Ferentz and players alike. No doubt it's because it didn't meet your dumbfuckery narrative.

Here let me help you.

Odd that you'd omit the link (answers) from Ferentz and players alike. No doubt it's because it didn't meet your dumbfuckery narrative.

Here let me help you.

Actually -- You should be calling me a fucking genius, because who called the downfall of the Nebraska program once you moved to the B1G, long before your infamous bowl streak even started?!?

And Iowa's football journalists thought the exact same thing as me. Guess they aren't as smart as you Nebraska folk either. In the end though, the game means absolutely nothing.

Again -- I'm happy they are playing everyone -- it is much more entertaining to see Nebraska become bowl ineligible than it is to see Iowa lay down in a meaningless game.

Actually -- You should be calling me a fucking genius, because who called the downfall of the Nebraska program once you moved to the B1G, long before your infamous bowl streak even started?!?

And Iowa's football journalists thought the exact same thing as me. Guess they aren't as smart as you Nebraska folk either. In the end though, the game means absolutely nothing.

Again -- I'm happy they are playing everyone -- it is much more entertaining to see Nebraska become bowl ineligible than it is to see Iowa lay down in a meaningless game.

Every time you need to inject "bUt NeBrAsKa" I know I've slapped you around once again.

Looked to me like one Iowa journalist thought idiotic about the issue just like you. Also like you he/she's probably never worn a jockstrap either, other than on your head.

2ywmr.gif

Every time you need to inject "bUt NeBrAsKa" I know I've slapped you around once again.

Looked to me like one Iowa journalist thought idiotic about the issue just like you. Also like you he/she's probably never worn a jockstrap either, other than on your head.

2ywmr.gif
It is the most entertaining part of the Iowa Nebraska game. It is as meaningless of a game as you will find this weekend. The only drama in it is if Nebraska can reach the pinnacle of CFB and become bowl eligible. It'd be much funnier if you didn't though.

And let's be honest here -- You couldn't come close to "slapping me around" -- I look like an absolute genius for telling you long ago EXACTLY what was going to happen to Nebraska. Crazy I was 100% right and I know that absolutely eats you alive.

2ywmr.gif

It is the most entertaining part of the Iowa Nebraska game. It is as meaningless of a game as you will find this weekend. The only drama in it is if Nebraska can reach the pinnacle of CFB and become bowl eligible. It'd be much funnier if you didn't though.

And let's be honest here -- You couldn't come close to "slapping me around" -- I look like an absolute genius for telling you long ago EXACTLY what was going to happen to Nebraska. Crazy I was 100% right and I know that absolutely eats you alive.

^^ I repeat ^^

I don't think he has any idea how to coach young men who are trying to get to the next level. Iowa and Nebraska will play their hearts out.

Remember when...

With the signs being such a big part of Michigan's success -- Has anyone seen what the line is for the UM OSU game this weekend?

With Michigan having no Head Coach, no LB coach, no Stallions, while playing the #2 team in the nation
-- OSU must be HUGE favorites.

@Red_Alert You seem more invested in this than fans of teams who actually had a shot to beat Michigan. How many is OSU favored by this weekend?

Does that spread guarantee a Michigan win or something?

For some strange reason (3-5)(5-6) Nebraska is favored over (6-2)(9-2) Iowa by 2.5 on Friday.

Absolutely nothing Nebraska's done to be favored over Big 10 West champ Iowa.

Iowa is going to be benching starters as the game means absolutely nothing to them. If Nebraska can't beat Iowa's 2nd string, it may be time to fold up the Nebraska program.

And Vegas isn't one that wants to give away money -- so there is no chance they are assigning a random line just because.

LOL

You know this how?

I'm sure they'd like that 10th win. It's Iowa.

Iowa has nothing to play for. The game means absolutely nothing. They won the West already. They already lost Cooper DeJean, they just want to stay healthy to play the B1GCCG. Not that it matters, as either UM or OSU will beat them by 30.

I hope they do win, so the B1G doesn't have an unranked team in their conference championship game.

Nebraska and Michigan are likely favored because they're at home. There's always a buffer for home teams. Both offenses are equally awful.
If the game were in Iowa City then Iowa's likely a 3.5 - 4 pt favorite.

Ohio St is likely favored if the game is in Columbus.

Nebraska is favored, IMO, because Iowa isn't very good to begin with (only good team they played all year, they lost 31-0 to Penn State), they have nothing to play for and Nebraska has everything to play for, as they have a chance to be bowl eligible for the first time in forever.

Iowa will be 'playing for' a 10 win regular season and a better bowl than if they have just a 9 win season.

Iowa likes to hang banners.

Iowa will have multiple chances to win a 10th, though i'm not really sure winning 10 is a thing anymore as teams all play 13, 14 games now.

And if Iowa likes to hang banners -- i'd think they would want to be full strength in the one game they could hang a legit banner -- The B1G Conference Champion

Pshh

I

Does that quote sound familiar or are the Hawkeye football journalists also fucking idiots?
I can go quote exactly what I said, if that'd make it easier for you.

Here let me help you.

"iT's LiKe yoU've NeVeR pLaYeD fOOtBaLl"

Same with the sportswriter who asked the stupid question.

2ywmr.gif

Nailed it.

WhoPhoneThis and that one Iowa journalist are flaming idiots. Pages upon pages of WhoPhoneDis arguing that Iowa would sit their starters and lay down. That winning a 10th game meant nothing to Iowa.

Iowa played their starters the entire game.

WhoPhoneDis (a.k.a. TrustMeIAmRight) is always wrong.

Nailed it.

WhoPhoneThis and that one Iowa journalist are flaming idiots. Pages upon pages of WhoPhoneDis arguing that Iowa would sit their starters and lay down. That winning a 10th game meant nothing to Iowa.

Iowa played their starters the entire game.

WhoPhoneDis (a.k.a. TrustMeIAmRight) is always wrong.
Not always. I said Nebraska moving to the B1G was a huge mistake. I think the fact you haven't been to a bowl game since 2016 says I was 1,000,000% right on that.