We know Ryan Day took over a program already on 3rd base..but...

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Did you know that Clay Helton also took over a program on 3rd base too??
1700606017791.png

BTW to my landthieves friends in here.. BV still had a better roster with LR raping your roster (allegedly) than Sark did when he took over my Horns program.

But Michigan fans tell me Michigan was in shambles when Harbaugh took over. This can't be correct.
Rich Rod was a train wreck, but Brady Hoke was okay. Meyer to Day transition was smooth. Michigan has been a little bumpy.

Rich Rod was a train wreck, but Brady Hoke was okay. Meyer to Day transition was smooth. Michigan has been a little bumpy.

Hoke recruited pretty damn well, he was just a shit coach. The cupboard was hardly bare when Harbaugh got there.

But Michigan fans tell me Michigan was in shambles when Harbaugh took over. This can't be correct.
Michigan was on the same level as Miami. Seems like that should tell you everything you need to know.

Michigan was on the same level as Miami. Seems like that should tell you everything you need to know.

Miami recruits well enough but they are stuck in a endless cycle of shit coaches now.

Dumbo at A&M proved the point that you can have all the talent in the world, but if you got a rube captaining the ship that all ends up being worthless.

Hoke used RichRods players to get to a Sugar bowl. Rich was on the verge of taking y’all to never before seen highs.
Michigan got impatient and it cost em a Natty and cursed them to never win another.

The same Hoke that destroyed SDSU. By the way I have been drinking lots of apple crown.

Hoke recruited pretty damn well, he was just a shit coach. The cupboard was hardly bare when Harbaugh got there.

He did a nice job with keeping the defense up to par (even the 2014 team had a good defense, the offense was just abysmal), but Michigan's OL was pretty dreadful towards the end of the Hoke era and it took Harbaugh a little while to even get that fixed up. It went from being awful in 2014 to functional in 2015, but they stood no chance against OSU and Bosa.

Michigan was nearly as talented as Kirby Smart at Georgia. Seems like that should tell you everything you need to know.

Who has said Michigan was in shambles? What made Michigan so bad before Harbaugh is -- we didn't have a QB and the QB room was completely bare when he got to UM.

That is why we spent the 1st 4 years or so going from transfer to transfer to transfer. It only exacerbated when he had no time to recruit a QB when he signed on to be coach a month before signing day, then missed on his 1st two QB recruits in Brandon Peters and Dylan McCaffrey.

QB is the end all in CFB. The only schools who can get by and be elite without a high level QB are Bama and Georgia.

Michigan was nearly as talented as Kirby Smart at Georgia. Seems like that should tell you everything you need to know.
lol. You made this comment seriously?

You want to know how many five star players Georgia got in the 4 classes prior to Kirby being hired in 2015? 9

You want to know how many five star players Michigan got in the 4 classes prior to Harbaugh? 2

Michigan class ranks prior to Harbaugh -- #30, #6, #4, #20
Georgia class ranks prior to Smart -- #9, #12, #8, #6

Michigan's class the signing day Harbaugh took over in 2015 -- #37
Georgia's class the signing day Smart took over in 2016 -- #1

Stop it.

In the state of Georgia this year there are FIVE 5 star recruits, and 35 four star recruits. In Michigan there are zero 5 star recruits and 7 four star recruits.

These are not comparable situations.

Who has said Michigan was in shambles? What made Michigan so bad before Harbaugh is -- we didn't have a QB and the QB room was completely bare when he got to UM.

That is why we spent the 1st 4 years or so going from transfer to transfer to transfer.
It only exacerbated when he had no time to recruit a QB when he signed on to be coach a month before signing day, then missed on his 1st two QB recruits in Brandon Peters and Dylan McCaffrey.

QB is the end all in CFB. The only schools who can get by and be elite without a high level QB are Bama and Georgia.
It shouldn't have taken Harbaugh this long to finally develop a QB. Meyer came to OSU in 2012, recruited JT Barrett in the 2013 class, and he was starting and killing it by 2014 (then his backup killed it in the postseason and won us a NC) and it's never ended since. If Harbaugh is anywhere close to as good of a QB developer as we were all led to believe he was when he came to michigan, there's no excuse he should have the track record at the position he does.

It shouldn't have taken Harbaugh this long to finally develop a QB. Meyer came to OSU in 2012, recruited JT Barrett in the 2013 class, and he was starting and killing it by 2014 (then his backup killed it in the postseason and won us a NC) and it's never ended since. If Harbaugh is anywhere close to as good of a QB developer as we were all led to believe he was when he came to michigan, there's no excuse he should have the track record at the position he does.
Probably easier when you are paying recruits prior to that being legal.

Rent free :dhd:
More like perma-squatters
Probably easier when you are paying recruits prior to that being legal.
My high school football coach told me in the 60’s when he had a good game at Florida St., an envelope filled with cash would be waiting in his locker post game. It has been going on for a long time my friend. :nod:

lol. You made this comment seriously?

You want to know how many five star players Georgia got in the 4 classes prior to Kirby being hired in 2015? 9

You want to know how many five star players Michigan got in the 4 classes prior to Harbaugh? 2

Michigan class ranks prior to Harbaugh -- #30, #6, #4, #20
Georgia class ranks prior to Smart -- #9, #12, #8, #6

Michigan's class the signing day Harbaugh took over in 2015 -- #37
Georgia's class the signing day Smart took over in 2016 -- #1

Stop it.

In the state of Georgia this year there are FIVE 5 star recruits, and 35 four star recruits. In Michigan there are zero 5 star recruits and 7 four star recruits.

These are not comparable situations.
A state with a high population like Michigan producing so little talent is embarrassing. It’s those reasons that I consider New York and Illinois to be the most worthless states in the country

More like perma-squatters

My high school football coach told me in the 60’s when he had a good game at Florida St., an envelope filled with cash would be waiting in his locker post game. It has been going on for a long time my friend. :nod:
Oh, I know. Ohio State has been doing it since Woody.

A state with a high population like Michigan producing so little talent is embarrassing. It’s those reasons that I consider New York and Illinois to be the most worthless states in the country
I'm not quite sure why we don't, georgia has a higher african american population which may tend to produce more college football athletes? Only a guess. But it's not even proportional if that's the reason.

But to try and say Smart walked into a similar situation at Georgia that Harbaugh walked into at Michigan is kinda silly. Michigan has never had a #1 class. Smart had one within two months of taking over the program. And another within 3 years of that.