We know Ryan Day took over a program already on 3rd base..but...

You sound like a couple of guys I play golf with. I don’t understand you guys that ruin good whiskey by putting all these flavors in it. It is like putting ketchup on a steak. Bourbon and Coke, Apple Crown, Fireball, Orange Jameson, blah, blah, blah.

If you ain’t going to drink whiskey “Neat”, the ONLY thing that should be allowed in whiskey (besides water and/or ice) is just a dash of bitters/ simple syrup for an Old Fashioned. That’s it.
I'm definitely more of a "if you're buying the whiskey, drink it however you want" guy, that flavored whiskey is garbage. Outside of a few exceptions, most of the finished whiskeys are crap too. Your last sentence is 100% on.

It showed a negligible difference in talent between the two teams.
Is 1600 vs 1800 on the horizontal axis negligible? I would need to see what that's actually measuring. Based on what other teams land on that scale, it would seem Michigan was about average on the horizontal axis, where as Georgia was above most.

Anyone with a clue about football knows it is WAAAAAY harder on a QB. @Across The Field just wants to come at me with ANYTHING to try and sound like he knows what he is talking about.

Best part is - his own comments are blatantly showing how clueless he really is.

He should say Ty to me for all I've taught to him about the game. He can go to his friends now and tell them about how B1G teams pool bowl money. And he can tell his friends how a pro style offense is exponentially more complex than a single read RPO and his friends will think how smart he is.
You still wonder why everyone on here lumps you in with MnB.

Hey real quick, you have any more pictures of Knowles coaching in the spring game to break OSU's cheating scandal?

Love how when you present reasons as to why michigan has failed to produce QB talent under Harbaugh for 6 years it's a fact, but when I point out statistical information it's an excuse. The continued hypocrisy of michigan fans, gotta love it.

Also, your QBs haven't been why you've won the past 2 years. McNamara was dogshit against us in 2021, and JJ was largely dogshit last year outside of 2 throws where he was throwing to a wide open receiver.
I literally said he missed on his first two QBs. If you do that. You resort to getting leftovers off the waiver wire.

And UM's QBs did exactly what they are supposed to do against OSU. If you stack the box -- you throw. If you drop the safeties. You run the ball.

We threw for 190 and ran for 300 in 2021. We threw for 300 and ran for 250 in 2022.

THAT is a pro style offense. Balance.

Is 1600 vs 1800 on the horizontal axis negligible? I would need to see what that's actually measuring. Based on what other teams land on that scale, it would seem Michigan was about average on the horizontal axis, where as Georgia was above most.

You're looking at the vertical axis, not the horizontal one.

(vertical = up/down, horizontal = left/right)

You still wonder why everyone on here lumps you in with MnB.

Hey real quick, you have any more pictures of Knowles coaching in the spring game to break OSU's cheating scandal?
You just need to stop posting. You are simply showing how completely clueless you are.
Anyone who knows the most basic concepts of football knows a pro style offense is EXPONENTIALLY harder on a QB than what the majority of college teams run.
I couldn't stop laughing at how you said Iowa is playing for more bowl money - showing you don't even know all the money is pooled and split evenly.

Just chime in every once in a while and say Go Bucks. Let the people who know football talk like adults.

You're looking at the vertical axis, not the horizontal one.

(vertical = up/down, horizontal = left/right)
I meant vertical in the first sentence and horizontal in the last. Said horizontal for both.

I meant vertical in the first sentence and horizontal in the last. Said horizontal for both.

Horizontal is the talent axis, which is why I brought it up.

The ELO is not measuring talent.

I'm definitely more of a "if you're buying the whiskey, drink it however you want" guy, that flavored whiskey is garbage. Outside of a few exceptions, most of the finished whiskeys are crap too. Your last sentence is 100% on.
I guess you’re right. If they buy it they have the right to drink it however they want to…or even pour it down the drain.

I’m an old retired educator which means I damn sure ain’t rich. But, I’ve come to the conclusion that life is too short to drink cheap/sorry wine or whiskey. ( there are a few expensive but still sorry wines and whiskeys)

Horizontal is the talent axis, which is why I brought it up.

The ELO is not measuring talent.
Well, like I said, I have no idea what ELO is measuring. Because I googled it and this means nothing to me lol "The Elo rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in zero-sum games "

Well, like I said, I have no idea what ELO is measuring. Because I googled it and this means nothing to me lol "The Elo rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in zero-sum games "

Think of it as Wins/Losses adjusted for the strength of the opponent

You just need to stop posting. You are simply showing how completely clueless you are.
Anyone who knows the most basic concepts of football knows a pro style offense is EXPONENTIALLY harder on a QB than what the majority of college teams run.
I couldn't stop laughing at how you said Iowa is playing for more bowl money - showing you don't even know all the money is pooled and split evenly.

Just chime in every once in a while and say Go Bucks. Let the people who know football talk like adults.
Holy shit, Special Eddie. I never once even compared the two concepts. Stop trying to lie to push your narrative, it's pathetic. My point was, if you're right about Harbaugh and the reason he failed to produce a QB was because his scheme was so complex, then why was he using it to begin with? Why waste 6 seasons with shit results at QB?

Also LOL at you saying Iowa is going to intentionally throw a game against Nebraska. Not only are you wrong about the money but you're actually trying to say Iowa is going to intentionally lose a game while also trying to say they're resting starters. Which one is it, Rain Man?

Also still waiting on those pictures of Knowles during our Spring Game to break open the OSU cheating scandal. Of course you duck this topic since you exposed how retarded you are.

I literally said he missed on his first two QBs. If you do that. You resort to getting leftovers off the waiver wire.

And UM's QBs did exactly what they are supposed to do against OSU. If you stack the box -- you throw. If you drop the safeties. You run the ball.

We threw for 190 and ran for 300 in 2021. We threw for 300 and ran for 250 in 2022.

THAT is a pro style offense. Balance.
While balance is still a main goal in the pros, you’ve been under a rock if you think only staying in the pocket is still “pro style”. Knowing how to play “off schedule” has crept up from HS to college to pro.

Day just needs to steal signs and everything will be fine. If he isn’t innovated enough to do that then you have to question his commitment.

While balance is still a main goal in the pros, you’ve been under a rock if you think only staying in the pocket is still “pro style”. Knowing how to play “off schedule” has crept up from HS to college to pro.
Everyone uses some form of Hybrid that runs a pro style now unless you have a traditional pro style pocket passer with no mobility at all. Michigan isn't even a traditional pro style anymore.

Doesn't change the fact that learning a single read RPO offense is exponentially much easier than learning a pro style offense. From the play calling, to the responsibilities, to the throws you have to make, the progressions on each play.

Holy shit, Special Eddie. I never once even compared the two concepts. Stop trying to lie to push your narrative, it's pathetic. My point was, if you're right about Harbaugh and the reason he failed to produce a QB was because his scheme was so complex, then why was he using it to begin with? Why waste 6 seasons with shit results at QB?

Also LOL at you saying Iowa is going to intentionally throw a game against Nebraska. Not only are you wrong about the money but you're actually trying to say Iowa is going to intentionally lose a game while also trying to say they're resting starters. Which one is it, Rain Man?

Also still waiting on those pictures of Knowles during our Spring Game to break open the OSU cheating scandal. Of course you duck this topic since you exposed how retarded you are.
You literally said Urban Meyer brought in a freshman QB and he was killing it. He is able to throw a freshman in at QB because of the simplicity of the single read RPO offense. You understand that, right? Why do you think OSU has had so many dominant years, yet had no QB's in the NFL, until Stroud?

What the hell are you talking about Short Bus? The Iowa losing to Nebraska comment was in response to your stupidity about Iowa plying for more bowl money. I said repeatedly the game has zero meaning to them.

And I'd explain to you who Zdbeski is to OSU, but it'd be like talking to a wall. That is why I don't respond to your last comment. I'd rather talk to the adults about. Now get off your parents computer

You literally said Urban Meyer brought in a freshman QB and he was killing it. He is able to throw a freshman in at QB because of the simplicity of the single read RPO offense. You understand that, right? Why do you think OSU has had so many dominant years, yet had no QB's in the NFL, until Stroud?

What the hell are you talking about Short Bus? The Iowa losing to Nebraska comment was in response to your stupidity about Iowa plying for more bowl money. I said repeatedly the game has zero meaning to them.

And I'd explain to you who Zdbeski is to OSU, but it'd be like talking to a wall. That is why I don't respond to your last comment. I'd rather talk to the adults about. Now get off your parents computer
So the obvious question is, if Harbaugh was knowingly trying to install this insanely complex offense with the understanding that none of his QBs could run it, why would he do it to begin with? Why put up with half a decade of failures for no good reason? Or could it be that he's just a shit coach when it comes to facing teams with a competent defense that always make his offense crumble?

You have said Iowa would be happy to lose to Nebraska so they could be bowl eligible. I see you haven't actually looked at the payouts for those low-end bowl games. LOL at the notion that a team would willingly lose and put themselves in a shittier bowl game over a tiny payout from Nebraska playing in the who-gives-a-fuck bowl. I thought you knew ball?

Nah, you're not getting away with that one, Captain Varsity Jacket. Your limited brain posted a picture of Knowles in our Spring Game thinking you had some gotcha about OSU. You can try and be irrationally condescending all you like, you exposed yourself for being a retard with that one.

Doesn't change the fact that learning a single read RPO offense is exponentially much easier than learning a pro style offense. From the play calling, to the responsibilities, to the throws you have to make, the progressions on each play.
They can “learn” it all they want. While they “know” it and they are “going through their progressions”, things are going to shit in a hurry when those flesh eating mother fuckers on the other side of the ball are rapidly nearing the point of tearing the QBs head off and shitting down his throat. Fuck staying there and finishing reads, get the fuck out of there and make a play.

We had a lot of retired military in EP that became teachers. Several were retired officers. One of the questions we asked was “Are you more likely to stick to a plan or be adaptive?” I always thought they’d say something like “The battle plan was well thought out with all contingencies, blah, blah, blah…”. Nope, most of the time they said “I’d be adaptive. Mission stays the same but that plan can go out the window when the first shot is fired.”