We know Ryan Day took over a program already on 3rd base..but...

You sound like a couple of guys I play golf with. I don’t understand you guys that ruin good whiskey by putting all these flavors in it. It is like putting ketchup on a steak. Bourbon and Coke, Apple Crown, Fireball, Orange Jameson, blah, blah, blah.

If you ain’t going to drink whiskey “Neat”, the ONLY thing that should be allowed in whiskey (besides water and/or ice) is just a dash of bitters/ simple syrup for an Old Fashioned. That’s it.
Usually I just drink crown or pendelton over ice, but I’m at my daughter’s house this week and she had apple crown. It did the job, I slept pretty good.

The overall talent around them was probably more of an issue. It's easier to be a QB when you have an NFL line in front of you and are mass producing NFL WR's and RB's. Michigan had pieces here and there but weren't able to put together a full offensive roster for quite some time.

Michigan's 2017 class had DPJ who was the #2 WR and Oliver Martin who was the #7 WR

Also Tarik Black and Nico Collins who were both good 4* recruits

Peters and McCaffery had plenty to work with.

I will give that after that the skill position recruiting did fall off though.

Michigan's 2017 class had DPJ who was the #2 WR and Oliver Martin who was the #7 WR

You must not have heard. Harbaugh went galaxy brain with the offense, none of his players were smart enough to know how to run it.

You must not have heard. Harbaugh went galaxy brain with the offense, none of his players were smart enough to know how to run it.

I love reading the Michigan message boards for laughs

They used to claim their best players not putting up big stats was "by design" :pound: :pound: :pound:like the coaches purposely put them in positions to not put up numbers for the good of the team or some shit.

So the obvious question is, if Harbaugh was knowingly trying to install this insanely complex offense with the understanding that none of his QBs could run it, why would he do it to begin with? Why put up with half a decade of failures for no good reason? Or could it be that he's just a shit coach when it comes to facing teams with a competent defense that always make his offense crumble?

You have said Iowa would be happy to lose to Nebraska so they could be bowl eligible. I see you haven't actually looked at the payouts for those low-end bowl games. LOL at the notion that a team would willingly lose and put themselves in a shittier bowl game over a tiny payout from Nebraska playing in the who-gives-a-fuck bowl. I thought you knew ball?

Nah, you're not getting away with that one, Captain Varsity Jacket. Your limited brain posted a picture of Knowles in our Spring Game thinking you had some gotcha about OSU. You can try and be irrationally condescending all you like, you exposed yourself for being a retard with that one.
Short Bus. The ONLY time I said Iowa would willingly lose the game is after your stupidity about Iowa playing to win 'more bowl money for the program'. You had no idea all the bowl money is pooled together and split evenly. I said if they wanted more bowl money, they should lose to make Nebraska bowl eligible.

It is like talking to a child with you. I can see now why you left the board for a while. You were most likely grounded.

Why does Harbaugh run an offense he played in his entire career and continue to run for coaching career? Because it works, because it prepares the players for the NFL, because once you find the right QB who understands the system, it is very tough to stop. On top of that -- Michigan isn't a school who is ever going to sign 5 star WR's. We only get those guys if they are in state. What we can recruit is the trenches and RBs. So a pro style offense is exactly what we should be running.

And AGAIN -- you do realize, you have a Conor Stallions on your coaching staff, right? A guy whose job is to try and steal signs. A guy who will stand by your DC. A guy who followed your DC from Okie State, where..........he did the exact same thing.

Is that plain enough English for you. Or do I need to speak in 1 syllable words and slow it down?

Please end all your posts with this:shortbus: and we will talk slower for you.

Peters had zero pocket presence. If he had all day to throw -- he was really good. Any pressure, he would get killed.

McCaffrey, I thought, was going to be amazing. He has the arm and the speed, but he could not put on weight. He played the equivalent of 1 games worth of snaps and suffered two major injuries. (The concussion he got is still one of the worst I've seen, he was running and jumped a guy and took the hardest hit I've seen on a QB and his head bounced off the ground)

Michigan had WR talent in that one class. DPJ and Nico Collins were solid WRs. Oliver Martin wasn't though. Tarik Black was the best out of all of them, but he kept breaking his foot.

Short Bus. The ONLY time I said Iowa would willingly lose the game is after your stupidity about Iowa playing to win 'more bowl money for the program'. You had no idea all the bowl money is pooled together and split evenly. I said if they wanted more bowl money, they should lose to make Nebraska bowl eligible.

It is like talking to a child with you. I can see now why you left the board for a while. You were most likely grounded.

Why does Harbaugh run an offense he played in his entire career and continue to run for coaching career? Because it works, because it prepares the players for the NFL, because once you find the right QB who understands the system, it is very tough to stop. On top of that -- Michigan isn't a school who is ever going to sign 5 star WR's. We only get those guys if they are in state. What we can recruit is the trenches and RBs. So a pro style offense is exactly what we should be running.

And AGAIN -- you do realize, you have a Conor Stallions on your coaching staff, right? A guy whose job is to try and steal signs. A guy who will stand by your DC. A guy who followed your DC from Okie State, where..........he did the exact same thing.

Is that plain enough English for you. Or do I need to speak in 1 syllable words and slow it down?

Please end all your posts with this:shortbus: and we will talk slower for you.
LMAO I never said anything even alluding to bowl money not being pooled together moron. It's wild how you just keep lying every time you get called out. I'd love for you to show me one fan or analyst who thinks it's a good idea to intentionally lose a game, meaning you would go to a lower level bowl game that doesn't make as much money, just so you can help a rival be bowl eligible for a shit-tier bowl bringing in pennies.

So again, you're saying Harbaugh intentionally runs an offense that barely any recruits can run? Why the hell is he bringing in a QB in 2024 who ran a lot of RPOs in high school and is compared to Dorian Thompson-Robinson? Why would he willingly throw away 6 years of success? Because he can't adapt?

And why are you posting pictures of Knowles from the Spring Game? Don't you have any pictures of him in a real game with his own Stallions constantly yelling in his ear?

Usually I just drink crown or pendelton over ice, but I’m at my daughter’s house this week and she had apple crown. It did the job, I slept pretty good.
Dang, your daughter springs for the whiskey. You raised her well! My two daughters make me buy!!!

LMAO I never said anything even alluding to bowl money not being pooled together moron. It's wild how you just keep lying every time you get called out. I'd love for you to show me one fan or analyst who thinks it's a good idea to intentionally lose a game, meaning you would go to a lower level bowl game that doesn't make as much money, just so you can help a rival be bowl eligible for a shit-tier bowl bringing in pennies.

So again, you're saying Harbaugh intentionally runs an offense that barely any recruits can run? Why the hell is he bringing in a QB in 2024 who ran a lot of RPOs in high school and is compared to Dorian Thompson-Robinson? Why would he willingly throw away 6 years of success? Because he can't adapt?

And why are you posting pictures of Knowles from the Spring Game? Don't you have any pictures of him in a real game with his own Stallions constantly yelling in his ear?
Show where I said -- Iowa should intentionally lose the game? Please tell me this is where, when I say, USING YOUR LOGIC
using your logic, "since you know football", Iowa would make more money as a program by losing to Nebraska, making Nebraska bowl eligible, as all the money from bowl games for the B1G are put in a pot and split evenly among conference members

LOL at you saying Iowa is going to intentionally throw a game against Nebraska. Not only are you wrong about the money but you're actually trying to say Iowa is going to intentionally lose a game while also trying to say they're resting starters
I will wait for you to show me where I said what you are posting. But, I guess when you get embarrassed, YET AGAIN, by your lack of knowledge, you grasp at straws and make things up.

The better the bowl game, the more money for the program. Anyone who knows football knows that.

Here is how it works. The better the bowl game, the more money for the B1G to divvy up 14 ways, it doesn't go directly to the program, as you insinuate. My favorite part is how you end it by saying, 'anyone who knows football knows that'. :shortbus:

Show where I said -- Iowa should intentionally lose the game? Please tell me this is where, when I say, USING YOUR LOGIC

I will wait for you to show me where I said what you are posting. But, I guess when you get embarrassed, YET AGAIN, by your lack of knowledge, you grasp at straws and make things up.
Here is how it works. The better the bowl game, the more money for the B1G to divvy up 14 ways, it doesn't go directly to the program, as you insinuate. My favorite part is how you end it by saying, 'anyone who knows football knows that'. :shortbus:
So you're the only one who's allowed to put words in people's mouths? I'm just playing by your rules here. You flatout said the Nebraska game means nothing to Iowa. I never insinuated anything.

As you said, the better the bowl game, the more money that goes to the conference. Those low level bowl games bring jack shit to the pot as compared to the higher end ones. 10-3 Iowa with a recent loss to a top-2 team looks a lot more appealing than 9-4 Iowa riding a 2-game losing streak. In the end, it may be a moot point. Bottom line, though, is to insinuate that Iowa is considering the pennies Nebraska might bring to the conference for a shit bowl game as a reason to rest their players and not care if they lose is beyond idiotic.

A state with a high population like Michigan producing so little talent is embarrassing. It’s those reasons that I consider New York and Illinois to be the most worthless states in the country
Those states produce a lot of talent... just not in football.

Football is King in the south, but not in the Northeast & Great Lakes. Basketball, hockey, wrestling, soccer are very big in the north.

There are approx 61 DIV 1 college hockey programs... 10 of those are in the state of New York and 7 in Michigan. There are only two in the entire south, Arizona State and Alabama-Huntsville. That's not 'embarrassing', that's just regional tastes in sport preferences.

As for wrestling, the B1G dominates in that sport. That's not 'embarrassing', it's just regionality. College and high school football just isn't as popular elsewhere as it is in the South.

Those states produce a lot of talent... just not in football.

Football is King in the south, but not in the Northeast & Great Lakes. Basketball, hockey, wrestling, soccer are very big in the north.

There are approx 61 DIV 1 college hockey programs... 10 of those are in the state of New York and 7 in Michigan. There are only two in the entire south, Arizona State and Alabama-Huntsville. That's not 'embarrassing', that's just regional tastes in sport preferences.

As for wrestling, the B1G dominates in that sport. That's not 'embarrassing', it's just regionality. College and high school football just isn't as popular elsewhere as it is in the South.
If football isn’t king in your state, your state is an embarrassment

Work laptop is closed and my first whiskey is poured. Trying the Willett 4 yr green top rye. Never had it, haven't liked Willetts in the past, so this should go well.

So you're the only one who's allowed to put words in people's mouths? I'm just playing by your rules here. You flatout said the Nebraska game means nothing to Iowa. I never insinuated anything.

As you said, the better the bowl game, the more money that goes to the conference. Those low level bowl games bring jack shit to the pot as compared to the higher end ones. 10-3 Iowa with a recent loss to a top-2 team looks a lot more appealing than 9-4 Iowa riding a 2-game losing streak. In the end, it may be a moot point. Bottom line, though, is to insinuate that Iowa is considering the pennies Nebraska might bring to the conference for a shit bowl game as a reason to rest their players and not care if they lose is beyond idiotic.
Iowa will go to any bowl game willing to pick them. I would bet Nebraska goes to a better bowl game than Iowa if Nebraska beats Iowa, because the only thing bowl games care about is selling tickets. Nebraska has the longest bowl game drought of any P5 team, so their fans will travel in droves, even if it is to a meaningless bowl game.

Neither Iowa or Nebraska are going to go to one of the high end bowl games. The winner of OSU Michigan will go to the CFP. The loser will go to one of the NY6, most likely the Orange Bowl. PSU will go to the Citrus or whatever it is called now. The rest of the B1G will take any that'd offer them a bowl. Iowa can't go to the Music City Bowl because they played in it last year. With the Orange not in the CFP rotation this year -- the ACC replaces the B1G in the Reliaquest Bowl. So all the 'high end bowl games' are out the window, unless Iowa were to somehow beat UM or OSU.

They can “learn” it all they want. While they “know” it and they are “going through their progressions”, things are going to shit in a hurry when those flesh eating mother fuckers on the other side of the ball are rapidly nearing the point of tearing the QBs head off and shitting down his throat. Fuck staying there and finishing reads, get the fuck out of there and make a play.

We had a lot of retired military in EP that became teachers. Several were retired officers. One of the questions we asked was “Are you more likely to stick to a plan or be adaptive?” I always thought they’d say something like “The battle plan was well thought out with all contingencies, blah, blah, blah…”. Nope, most of the time they said “I’d be adaptive. Mission stays the same but that plan can go out the window when the first shot is fired.”
Shorthand way of saying it - "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." - Iron Mike Tyson.

Iowa will go to any bowl game willing to pick them. I would bet Nebraska goes to a better bowl game than Iowa if Nebraska beats Iowa, because the only thing bowl games care about is selling tickets. Nebraska has the longest bowl game drought of any P5 team, so their fans will travel in droves, even if it is to a meaningless bowl game.

Neither Iowa or Nebraska are going to go to one of the high end bowl games. The winner of OSU Michigan will go to the CFP. The loser will go to one of the NY6, most likely the Orange Bowl. PSU will go to the Citrus or whatever it is called now. The rest of the B1G will take any that'd offer them a bowl. Iowa can't go to the Music City Bowl because they played in it last year. With the Orange not in the CFP rotation this year -- the ACC replaces the B1G in the Reliaquest Bowl. So all the 'high end bowl games' are out the window, unless Iowa were to somehow beat UM or OSU.
This is a very fair point, you're right. I feel dirty saying that. I'm going to go drink brown liquor and forget I said that. Have a Happy Thanksgiving you fool.

This is a very fair point, you're right. I feel dirty saying that. I'm going to go drink brown liquor and forget I said that. Have a Happy Thanksgiving you fool.
Be safe and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Work laptop is closed and my first whiskey is poured. Trying the Willett 4 yr green top rye. Never had it, haven't liked Willetts in the past, so this should go well.
Keep us posted