NFL WEEKLY GAME THREAD Week 14

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 762.00
Steelers look really broken.

I need 2 more receptions by Fryermeith to hit my parlay. Zeke got his early

how the fuck did these two combine for 39 points?

Zeke got more fantasy points last night than I think he had all damn season, the week I'm playing against him. :L

This just in: Mitch Trubisky is really bad at football
Like so many of the Top Pick Qbs these days. Did he make one downfield pass completion all game? NFL too fast for their minds. Enjoyed the Steeler fans booing all night. Just like watching a Jets or Patriots home game with Zac Wilson and Mac Jones at quarterback.

Like so many of the Top Pick Qbs these days. Did he make one downfield pass completion all game? NFL too fast for their minds. Enjoyed the Steeler fans booing all night. Just like watching a Jets or Patriots home game with Zac Wilson and Mac Jones at quarterback.
He was awful as was the play call on fourth and 2. Dude wasn‘t within three feet of a receiver on any pass over five yards and you call for the deep ball? There was a guy open in the flats for a first down.

Not that Purdy was even close to a top pick, but I did find it comical that 125 of Deebo's 126 yards came after the catch last week.

Not that Purdy was even close to a top pick, but I did find it comical that 125 of Deebo's 126 yards came after the catch last week.
I hate the 49ers, but I have to defend the young QB who doesn't push the ball but gets a lot of YAC-love. Purdy is still really green, and the fact that he can hit the short throws alone makes him a top 10 QB. Just look at all the spares out there that can't hit the wide open crossing route or the guy in the flat. With time and experience reading where the safeties are going to go he should get better at pushing downfield.

I'll take a QB that doesn't lose games over one that is a Romo-esque gun slinger who will lose you a game here or there any day. Especially if you have a dominant defense and the offensive tools that all you need to do is get them the ball and let them work.

now I'm going to go throw up and take a shower for defending a whiners QB.

I was going to ask you about that. What ever happened to that guy who used to argue with you that Mitch was better than Dak?
As far as I know he never moved over here. No clue if he is still at the other place. noonthirtyjoe

I hate the 49ers, but I have to defend the young QB who doesn't push the ball but gets a lot of YAC-love. Purdy is still really green, and the fact that he can hit the short throws alone makes him a top 10 QB. Just look at all the spares out there that can't hit the wide open crossing route or the guy in the flat. With time and experience reading where the safeties are going to go he should get better at pushing downfield.

I'll take a QB that doesn't lose games over one that is a Romo-esque gun slinger who will lose you a game here or there any day. Especially if you have a dominant defense and the offensive tools that all you need to do is get them the ball and let them work.

now I'm going to go throw up and take a shower for defending a whiners QB.
Oh I think he's good and well what the 49ers need, but I think it has gotten way over the top. I don't think there are many teams he'd find any success on, but he's on the perfect one. I think he'd perform well on a couple nfc east teams. Outside of those three I think he'd be hard pressed to find any success.

Oh I think he's good and well what the 49ers need, but I think it has gotten way over the top. I don't think there are many teams he'd find any success on, but he's on the perfect one. I think he'd perform well on a couple nfc east teams. Outside of those three I think he'd be hard pressed to find any success.
Most the YAC has been with Deebo but he is finding more success with Aiyuk on downfield throws. Same with Kittle. Purdy doesn't make dumb mistakes aka like Josh Allen and some others. Josh Allen: big arm, small head. Very few interceptions in his career. That 3 game losing streak was where he had issues but so did the rest of the team. He is pretty darn accurate too, even downfield. Why has no other qb in the Shanahan system looked like Purdy? Off the charts compared to any 49er qb in recent years. He leads the league in a number of categories since he took over for Crapallo and almost now 1 1/2 years of starting in the NFL. I expected journeryman numbers since he was the last pick in the draft, should have been worse than Lance and Crappo, not leading the league, even in the 49ers system. Looks less and less like he is a fluke and is going to give of league trouble for years. Has he thrown 8 touchdowns combined and 0 interceptions against the Cowboys and Eagles this season? But we will see as the years progress. Nice that he is on that cheap contract. Means 49ers can load up in other positions for a few years. Paying the Bosas, the Deebos, Aiyuks, MaCafferys etc doesn't break the salary cap as you are seeing now with Kansas City somewhat.

Have to give thanks to Seattle Seahawks and Miami Dolphins. Seattle broke Tre Lance ankle and Miami Crappylo's ankle. Purdy might have been a roster cut at some point if those events never happened.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous about this game today. A Lions L is going to send this fan base into a tailspin of negative emotions.

IMG_8891.jpeg

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous about this game today. A Lions L is going to send this fan base into a tailspin of negative emotions.

View attachment 112945
I know Lions haven’t been playing as good last few weeks but still surprised only a 3 point favorite over the Bears.