What are you reading?

I finished my book I was reading last night...The Queen of Nothing, third book of some YA trilogy I started that I just felt like knocking out. Actually wasnt too bad.

Now I don't know what to read....don't want to dive into an epic. Also kind of trying to meet my goal of 52 books for the year...

Might do the second Mistborn book...I flew through the first one.

I finished my book I was reading last night...The Queen of Nothing, third book of some YA trilogy I started that I just felt like knocking out. Actually wasnt too bad.

Now I don't know what to read....don't want to dive into an epic. Also kind of trying to meet my goal of 52 books for the year...

Might do the second Mistborn book...I flew through the first one.

Do the ones you listen to count?

I've done 66 from our library and another 18 that I purchased to fill sequence gaps.

Since last Nov 11.

Do the ones you listen to count?

I've done 66 from our library and another 18 that I purchased to fill sequence gaps.

Since last Nov 11.
yes, I count them

I don't think I have been slacking this year...I got to 52 with ease last year but this year I'm just not reading as quickly? I dunno.

yes, I count them

I don't think I have been slacking this year...I got to 52 with ease last year but this year I'm just not reading as quickly? I dunno.

Print on paper only for me as you know.

I've had so much time on my hands the last couple of years it's been great. Not impinging on my work at all, not that there's a lot of that.

They still gave me a 15% increase last week though.

yes, I count them

Getting old, ill. I know my reading speed has decreased a helluva lot.

Getting old, ill. I know my reading speed has decreased a helluva lot.
I will have to look at my goodreads end of year data to see if I am just reading longer books this year or what....

I wish like hell I had done what my grandfather started doing when he was a child: keep a record of dates and what books I've read.

That said, I doubt I read more than 25 books a year because I read light stuff at night on the Kindle but during the day read typically huge history books.

When I was reading nothing but light EV Thompson or regency-era novels, I was probably reading 45 books a year at least.

I will have to look at my goodreads end of year data to see if I am just reading longer books this year or what....

All those "Gear" indigenous books I read were usually 500 pages or so.

I wish like hell I had done what my grandfather started doing when he was a child: keep a record of dates and what books I've read.

That said, I doubt I read more than 25 books a year because I read light stuff at night on the Kindle but during the day read typically huge history books.

When I was reading nothing but light EV Thompson or regency-era novels, I was probably reading 45 books a year at least.
Goodreads is tits for that. I went back and tried to capture books I have read before the app came about

but these days it's a great way to track what I've read

The type books you read, font size and page count all have something to do with it. I know I do a lot more heavy reading nowadays. Plus, I stop a lot to ponder what I just read.

The type books you read, font size and page count all have something to do with it. I know I do a lot more heavy reading nowadays. Plus, I stop a lot to ponder what I just read.
I spend almost as much time on Wikipedia reading background info on people, places and events as i do reading the books.

Reading an Irish author called Adrian McKinty. Decent stuff, quite enjoying it. It is to say the IRA is involved.

And I’ve now read two of the Meltzer books on the Culper ring. Number three is reserved and ready for pick up at the library.

Just polished off another Tony Hillerman. Moving onto a John Sanford.

decided to read Red Rising by Pierce Brown again...love this series.

I'm reading three non-fiction in preparation for going to Central Europe and then England. I just started A Mighty Fortress about German history and as soon as I finish that I'm going to read about the Habsburgs. If there even half as insanely interesting as the Romanovs, it's going to be a page-turner.

finished rereading Red Rising and man, there is so much I had forgotten from the original trilogy...much better understanding of things this time around.

I have Nettle & Bone by Kingfisher on my coffee table to read next. Shouldn't be a long read.

I still have 6 books to read to meet my year goal of 52 books

Glad you are enjoying it

Finished the Culper Ring series.

Have now read the 1st Escape Artist. #2 requested from library.

Decent reads. I find it odd he never uses "fuck". Lot's of Fuuu....! Or Mothertrucker!!!

Also really enjoying Adrian McKinty. Irish bloke.

And read the 1,000 page Galbraith effort called Ink Black Heart. So current on that front.

Finished the Culper Ring series.

Have now read the 1st Escape Artist. #2 requested from library.

Decent reads. I find it odd he never uses "fuck". Lot's of Fuuu....! Or Mothertrucker!!!

Also really enjoying Adrian McKinty. Irish bloke.

And read the 1,000 page Galbraith effort called Ink Black Heart. So current on that front.
When you are looking for something different check out The Yard by Alex Grecian