What If JFK Wasn’t a Conspiracy

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 28,020.00
I just finished Case Closed by Gerald Posner. It’s a well laid out case that the JFK assassination was just as it was called. A lone shooter. No conspiracy. The book may be decades old….but most of the sound facts that have been uncovered since it came only only prove it more.

I’ve always kept an open mind to all the conspiracies. Unless it could be proven otherwise it was possible that anything happened. I want to believe it’s the mafia or something insane like that. So I challenged myself to read it.

It’s a long read, and it really starts out dragging over Oswalds life. But, it has to do this to lay things out for later. After this the book takes off and approaches each and every major theory with sound logic and reason.

There was plenty that happened on this bad day, and after, that left the door open to speculation. But, as technology has gotten better it just keeps pointing back to it being just what it was…..a lone, deranged killer.

No matter where you lie on what happened that day, or who did it, this read is a good challenge to take on and read through open mindedly.

Anyone else read this book before? If so what did you think?

It’s no secret im a big fan of this book. It’s been a long time since I’ve read it so im a little fuzzy on the details. It’s great that you’ve just read it @Orlando_Eagles. Im sure you will correct me if im wrong on some stuff. I know @Nosferatu is interested in this subject. Im sure he has lots of questions for both of us.

Let me start by saying that although the book was very enlightening IMO in a number of different regards the single biggest epiphany for me was what the author says the Warren commission got WRONG. By and large the book supports the Warren commission but it does suggest that the ORDER of the 3 shots was different than what the WC thought.

the WC said first shot hits Kennedy in the neck (magic bullet), the second shot misses (hitting a curb which causes asphalt to hit a bystander) and the third shot is the head shot. If that’s the order then all 3 shots occur on about 7 seconds. Many conspiracy theorists say that’s too short of a time.

case closed suggests the following. The first shot missed (hitting the curb), the second shot is the magic bullet and the third shot is the head shot. If this is accurate then the 3 shots don’t need to occur in 7 seconds. The author uses several things to support this theory. The two best for me are the video of the young girl running after the car but suddenly stops running and looks back as if she hears something. Also, Connolly saying he heard a first shot, turned to look at it, turned back and then got hit.

I had the benefit of seeing posner the author on tv shows. When he shows the zapradurer film and focuses on the little girl running and then stopping… wow. It really struck home for me.

I just finished Case Closed by Gerald Posner. It’s a well laid out case that the JFK assassination was just as it was called. A lone shooter. No conspiracy. The book may be decades old….but most of the sound facts that have been uncovered since it came only only prove it more.

I’ve always kept an open mind to all the conspiracies. Unless it could be proven otherwise it was possible that anything happened. I want to believe it’s the mafia or something insane like that. So I challenged myself to read it.

It’s a long read, and it really starts out dragging over Oswalds life. But, it has to do this to lay things out for later. After this the book takes off and approaches each and every major theory with sound logic and reason.

There was plenty that happened on this bad day, and after, that left the door open to speculation. But, as technology has gotten better it just keeps pointing back to it being just what it was…..a lone, deranged killer.

No matter where you lie on what happened that day, or who did it, this read is a good challenge to take on and read through open mindedly.

Anyone else read this book before? If so what did you think?
Danny Devito No GIF

It’s no secret im a big fan of this book. It’s been a long time since I’ve read it so im a little fuzzy on the details. It’s great that you’ve just read it @Orlando_Eagles. Im sure you will correct me if im wrong on some stuff. I know @Nosferatu is interested in this subject. Im sure he has lots of questions for both of us.

Let me start by saying that although the book was very enlightening IMO in a number of different regards the single biggest epiphany for me was what the author says the Warren commission got WRONG. By and large the book supports the Warren commission but it does suggest that the ORDER of the 3 shots was different than what the WC thought.

the WC said first shot hits Kennedy in the neck (magic bullet), the second shot misses (hitting a curb which causes asphalt to hit a bystander) and the third shot is the head shot. If that’s the order then all 3 shots occur on about 7 seconds. Many conspiracy theorists say that’s too short of a time.

case closed suggests the following. The first shot missed (hitting the curb), the second shot is the magic bullet and the third shot is the head shot. If this is accurate then the 3 shots don’t need to occur in 7 seconds. The author uses several things to support this theory. The two best for me are the video of the young girl running after the car but suddenly stops running and looks back as if she hears something. Also, Connolly saying he heard a first shot, turned to look at it, turned back and then got hit.

I had the benefit of seeing posner the author on tv shows. When he shows the zapradurer film and focuses on the little girl running and then stopping… wow. It really struck home for me.
That was a big example. Also how the first shot (marked a hit by WC) was timed (by the girl stopping) to be a point where the target was lost in a tree. Of course that first shot missed.

Then timing out the Zapruder on Kennedy and Connelly for the second shot was spot on too. The description of why Kennedy’s arms flew up like that was disturbing.

Then, we all know when the third shot came and what it did.

It was the logic most of all that worked on me. If technology couldn’t have already proven otherwise the subject was approached logically.

I don’t disagree about behind.

What im impressed is that you can view a few frames of grainy old 8mm and tell it was three stories up and not six.
Whatever, third floor, sixth floor, either way that’s not where the kill shot came from.

Whatever, third floor, sixth floor, either way that’s not where the kill shot came from.
If that’s what you want to believe. Which of the sixty or so confessors of being the grassy knoll shooter are you going with?

Believe?

It’s pretty obvious the kill shot was not from behind.

But you just read a book, so by all means, be a huge douche.

haha

hes right. If you read a book you might know it as well

Carlos Marcello had him killed. It's well known down here in these parts.....