What Is Your Thanksgiving Menu?

Turkey
Stuffing
Dumplings and kraut
A gallon of gravy
And some other shit

A gallon of gravy

200.gif

I’m actually not making anything and my wife makes the cranberry and strawberry salad. Most of these dishes were claimed by people before I was born and if anyone attempts to change things up there is a riot.

So I clean, put up tables, provide plates, silver and beverages. I offered to smoke a brisket or pork butt and was told no. My father in law does the turkey and he kills it every year so he will be dead before I take that over.

Oh, I totally understand the dynamic of old family recipes claimed by certain people. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the dishes were "secret family recipes no one is allowed to share, lest they be haunted by family ancestors." There's no way in hell strawberry jello pretzel salad isn't both an old recipe and one of those things tradition dictates.
I just figured your inclusion of "it will be perfection" meant you were cooking it. :)

This year it is at my house and there will be 23 people and the menu is:

Smoked Turkey - stuffed with apples with apple juice in the pan for moisture and it will be perfection
Honey Baked Ham
Mac & Cheese
Greenbean Casserole
Collard Greens
Oyster dressing
Boiled Cabbage
Mashed potatoes
Sweet potato Casserole
Homemade rolls
Cranberry sauce (it will be done two ways because no one can agree on one)
Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad
Chocolate torte
Coconut cake
Carrot cake
Pecan Pie
Egg Custard Pie
Pumpkin Pie

I'm sure there will be some other stuff but that is the majority of it.

No corn?

Roasted turkey with a Cajun brine and a rosemary rub
The Mrs makes a chicken and noodles dish
And also makes an amazing baked bean recipe
Mashed potatoes
Stuffing
Gravy
Corn on the cob
Rolls
Cranberry sauce
Every dessert imaginable
Beverages of choice

Friend’s mother in law is doing a Friday gathering as well we’re bringing two hams and another pot of the aforementioned chicken and noodles.

whatever we are bringing to the poor couples house that is hosting instead of us lol

Oh, I totally understand the dynamic of old family recipes claimed by certain people. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the dishes were "secret family recipes no one is allowed to share, lest they be haunted by family ancestors." There's no way in hell strawberry jello pretzel salad isn't both an old recipe and one of those things tradition dictates.
I just figured your inclusion of "it will be perfection" meant you were cooking it. :)
Do you not do strawberry pretzel salad?

Everyone down here does it.

is the kraut mixed in with the stuffing? Or separate?

Brisket has been on for eight hours now. Currently at 158. Now wrapped in peach paper.