What was the difference?

Bottom line: Michigan is the Champ this year. The rest is a fine meaningless discussion best accompanied by whiskey and cigars.

Um... you also had the 7th most rushing attempts in the nation, so you'd better have a ton of TDs... but you also only averaged 4.5 YPC, which would put you in a tie for 46th nationally. Like I said, not an elite rushing attack. You were actually a worse rushing team this year across the board than you were last year, and you also were far from an elite passing attack which, again, is my point.
Nonsense. There's probably no other team in the country that could go to happy valley and not throw a pass in the 2nd half of the football game.

Good. You’re supposed to hate it. Suck it.
That you cheated? I don't hate it, I look down on it. You showed you couldn't compete without cheating, you got your desperately-needed ring in a weak year, and now your program is going to dive back into mediocrity.

Nonsense. There's probably no other team in the country that could go to happy valley and not throw a pass in the 2nd half of the football game.
If they really wanted to punish michigan that game, they would've suspended James Franklin.

But didn't UGA had their chance? Wasn't the SEC championship game not a sudo playoff game, loser go home, winner advance.
Both teams knew what was at stake going in just like the PAC championship game and UM/OSU game. Don't see how that's different from a 12-team playoff, if you lose in the quarter-finals, why would expect to be granted a 2nd chance after that?
No, the SECCG is not in any way part of the CFP. It never has been. Sure, a loss could knock you out but the idea that CCG is a quarter-final game is just wrong. Look at the relative strengths of the conferences and you can see why that's a ridiculous notion - UGA played Bama, Texas played a 3 loss team, FSU played Lousiville, and UM played Iowa. Hell, teams that didn't even play in the CCG have gotten in, and teams that lost the CCG have gotten in. UGA was the first no. 1 team to lose a CCG and not get in. So, no, it's not part of the CFP although for UGA the loss cost them.

Moreover, the point I have been making isn't this year - I was disappointed we didn't get in, but understood the reasoning. What I have been saying is that in the CFP-12 format, we would gotten in and I think we would have been the toughest match-up for UM. All hypotheticals, of course.

Bottom line: Michigan is the Champ this year. The rest is a fine meaningless discussion best accompanied by whiskey and cigars.
Exactly ... some of these Michigan honks act like we have the power to take the trophy from them. We don't, but the NCAA will.

What I said was objective fact. I know it pisses you off that nobody is impressed by you (of course, 3 years of cheating will do that as well).

Congrats on winning the title in the least impressive CFP season. 1,503 days doesn't mean anything to me when I know you had to cheat in order to do it.
Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure you will sleep better at night thinking that. Simple fact is -- OSU hasn't even won a B1G title in years, let alone a national title. Just say thank you that Michigan is keeping the B1G relevant.

Exactly ... some of these Michigan honks act like we have the power to take the trophy from them. We don't, but the NCAA will.
Maybe you can petition the NCAA and tell them how Georgia was really one of the best 4 teams. Tell them how you really meant to beat Bama and to disregard the fact Bama was simply the way better team on the field. I'm sure they will give you some sort of trophy.

What I said was objective fact. I know it pisses you off that nobody is impressed by you (of course, 3 years of cheating will do that as well).

Congrats on winning the title in the least impressive CFP season. 1,503 days doesn't mean anything to me when I know you had to cheat in order to do it.
Remember the last time Ohio State beat Michigan in football?!?! Yeah, me either. :pound:

Remember that time our OC completely outcoached Ryan Day?!?! That was hilarious.

Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure you will sleep better at night thinking that. Simple fact is -- OSU hasn't even won a B1G title in years, let alone a national title. Just say thank you that Michigan is keeping the B1G relevant.

Remember the last time Ohio State beat Michigan in football?!?! Yeah, me either. :pound:

Remember that time our OC completely outcoached Ryan Day?!?! That was hilarious.
It seems to bother you way more that I don't care and still look down on your program.

Maybe you can petition the NCAA and tell them how Georgia was really one of the best 4 teams. Tell them how you really meant to beat Bama and to disregard the fact Bama was simply the way better team on the field. I'm sure they will give you some sort of trophy.
Dimwit still doesn't get it.

It seems to bother you way more that I don't care and still look down on your program.
Tough to look down at someone sitting at the top of the mountain. I get it though -- you haven't won anything in a long while. There is room on the bandwagon. Jump on over. Just think -- you wouldn't have to make excuses anymore.

Dimwit still doesn't get it.
No, I get it. Just like I get why you never answered the top defenses you faced. You know the answer proves Georgia is a fraud this year and that ruins your dream.

Just say TY to Michigan for taking care of what you couldn't.

Tough to look down at someone sitting at the top of the mountain. I get it though -- you haven't won anything in a long while. There is room on the bandwagon. Jump on over. Just think -- you wouldn't have to make excuses anymore.
LOL you're at the top of a small hill this season, and you had to cheat for 3 years to get to it. Look at you with your cute little ring though, it's almost like you're a real program again!

LOL you're at the top of a small hill this season, and you had to cheat for 3 years to get to it. Look at you with your cute little ring though, it's almost like you're a real program again!
Remember that time Ohio State went 15-0 and won the National Title? Oh yeah -- that's right, it has never happened. Props on being #2.

Remember when Ohio State held the record for rushing yards in the National Championship game? Too bad that's a Michigan record now. Props on being #2.

OSU should be used to being #2 behind Michigan now.

I've got a question for all you CFB geniuses. What was the biggest difference in Michigan's team this year compared to their 2021 and 2022 teams?

I'll admit I didn't watch all of MIchigan's games this year, but they looked very identical to the 2021 and 2022 teams IMHO. Yet this team won a natty and the previous two lose to Georgia and TCU in the 2021 and 2022 CFP semifinals. This year they beat Bama and Washington in back to back CFP games to win a natty.

Explain it to this old man please.

#2 OSU was nowhere close to elite. Our defense was very, very good but our offense was mediocre at best. When you start at OSU and then your next stop is Syracuse because that's the best you can get, you know things didn't go well.

#16 Iowa was half of a team. You shut them out and won by 26 and that was only good for their third worst shutout loss of the season.

#4 Alabama was probably one of Saban's five worst teams in his entire time at Bama. FFS they needed a hail mary prayer to get by a pathetic Auburn team that was boatraced by Maryland without their QB.

#2 Washington was a great story and a fantastic offense, but their defense was truly awful. They were very similar to TCU last year only this year you guys didn't shit down your leg and also got some extremely favorable officiating calls that turned the tide of the game.

All in all, congrats on going 15-0. You beat OSU and Bama (barely) in down years, and beat an upstart Washington team that was extremely lucky to be unbeaten as long as they were. Nobody you beat is remotely close to being one of the more elite teams of the CFP era.
Damn that’s harsh but pretty much spot on.
Applying the * now…….

Remember that time Ohio State went 15-0 and won the National Title? Oh yeah -- that's right, it has never happened. Props on being #2.

Remember when Ohio State held the record for rushing yards in the National Championship game? Too bad that's a Michigan record now. Props on being #2.

OSU should be used to being #2 behind Michigan now.
LOL I actually had no idea we ever held the record for rushing yards in the NC game, must've been Zeke.

Speaking of #2, just how shitty is your program going to be now that it can't cheat and stockpile Covid seniors?

LOL I actually had no idea we ever held the record for rushing yards in the NC game, must've been Zeke.

Speaking of #2, just how shitty is your program going to be now that it can't cheat and stockpile Covid seniors?
Don't worry about the rushing record -- you are behind Michigan now AGAIN.

Did you just say Michigan stockpiled Covid Seniors? Who? Michael Barrett? :pound: That's your excuse now?

As long as OSU keep Ryan Day, Michigan will be just fine. We could just have our OC outcoach like he did this year.

I was too busy watching my team win a national title to post about this before, but since you like to speak of cheating. Imagine cheating and still getting your ass whooped.