What was the difference?

Funny how all we heard for the first 10 weeks of the year is how JJ was undoubtedly elite and was gonna set records, then he had to actually face teams with defenses and fell to earth. Nobody downgrades michigan because of your "elite QB" thought. Their offense struggled against the good defenses they faced over the past couple months. Take 2014 OSU and compare them to michigan:

2014 OSU faced #2, #4, #5, and #13 in the final rankings that year, and the average score of those games was 48-23
2023 michigan faced #2, #5, #10, and #13 in the final rankings this year and the the average score of those games was 29-18.

Add in the fact that both teams OSU beat in the 2014 CFP rated higher than both teams than michigan beat in 2023, and you see why people feel like this was just simply a down year.

Oh, and 2019 LSU did not have everything - they were outside the top 25 in both scoring defense and total defense. They just had a generational offense.
He got injured. We still don't know how badly, but Sam Webb was reporting that he could barely walk the week of the Maryland game (which is why the QB run basically stopped being part of the offense and why Orji was brought in for wildcat plays).

Really? Show me the plenty of teams who gave up 10 ppg for the year. I think the list is Georgia and Michigan, that's it.
michigan also faced the worst SOS of any CFP champ and only played one team that even ranked top 25 in total offense this year in Washington, and only 3 in the top 50 total (one being UNLV, the other being OSU, both ranked in the 40s)

He got injured. We still don't know how badly, but Sam Webb was reporting that he could barely walk the week of the Maryland game (which is why the QB run basically stopped being part of the offense and why Orji was brought in for wildcat plays).
Seemed to move just fine to me against OSU and after.

Cool. Not sure what that has to do with the point.
He got injured and dropped off a bit after the injury. I'm not sure JJ was ever elite -- nor do we have the WR talent for an elite passing attack IMO.

He got injured and dropped off a bit after the injury. I'm not sure JJ was ever elite -- nor do we have the WR talent for an elite passing attack IMO.
You're not wrong. Which means you'd better have a generational rushing attack, which michigan also didn't have. That's sort of my point here.

Just so I get this straight -- Michigan wouldn't win in a 12 man field, because of the teams who didn't make it in?!?! Oh wait -- let me guess, your unbiased opinion is Georgia would have won. :pound:

And no one "blocked Georgia" -- Georgia lost to Alabama. Also, Georgia was NOWHERE NEAR the team they were the last two years.

Yes, you have that correct, IMO.

So Bama doesn't exist in your hypothetical 12-team playoff I see

You're not wrong. Which means you'd better have a generational rushing attack, which michigan also didn't have. That's sort of my point here.
Um....Michigan had 40 rushing TD's this year....tied with Georgia for 1st in the nation. Our RB is now the leading TD scorer in Michigan history. All of Michigan history. Corum had 27 TD's this year, SIX MORE than the #2 scoring RB in the nation....

Tell me about it. 2017 B1G championship game. Still causes bad dreams.
Yeah, a common theme on the UGA boards has always been that our D and controlling offense under Fromm with Chubb and Michel and Swift was enough to beat the Kentuckys, and UFs, and UTjrs. But what was going to happen when we went against the Bama offenses of old with all their WRs, or tOSU and their WRs? That was always our fear that our D and controlling O wasn't going to be good enough. And many times it wasn't. We couldn't keep up with Bama in 2017 (although we went toe to toe and beat OU in the Rose Bowl), or LSU in 2019, or Bama in 2020. When Monken came on in 2020 our O became as good as those we were concerned with because our O was elite. Take last year's game against tOSU where we were down 14 in the 4th but came back.

I love great D and it will help you win NCs. But, unless you have elite O, too, you have a greater chance that the D is a little off on a day and you can't keep up. Having said all that, I'd take the great D all day long ... I think NCs will always have great D - UM did this year.

Of course they do, simply losing to them in the SECCG doesn't keep you out of the CFP. Sure we might lose to them or others once we get in, but you are in and have a shot at the NC and weren't eliminated for losing one game. I mean when we won in 2021 we lost to them in the SECCG but beat them in the NCG. A lot of Bama's NCs came with a loss in the regular season. This whole undefeated NC thing is a more recent thing, and will be a thing in the past with the conference expansion.

michigan also faced the worst SOS of any CFP champ and only played one team that even ranked top 25 in total offense this year in Washington, and only 3 in the top 50 total (one being UNLV, the other being OSU, both ranked in the 40s)
We held Bama to their lowest offensive output of the season. We held Washington to their lowest offensive output of the season.

Keep grasping. 1,503 days and counting and National Champion CANNOT be an easy pill for you to swallow :)

Of course they do, simply losing to them in the SECCG doesn't keep you out of the CFP. Sure we might lose to them or others once we get in, but you are in and have a shot at the NC and weren't eliminated for losing one game. I mean when we won in 2021 we lost to them in the SECCG but beat them in the NCG. A lot of Bama's NCs came with a loss in the regular season. This whole undefeated NC thing is a more recent thing, and will be a thing in the past with the conference expansion.
2021 you were a legit team. 2023 -- the only team with a defense you played showed you why you weren't in the CFP.

You see -- the Bama game was a fluke. Disregard the fact it was the only legit defense Georgia played this year. Disregard that they trailed by 2 scores most of the game. They scored with 2 minutes left, so it was razor close.

Um....Michigan had 40 rushing TD's this year....tied with Georgia for 1st in the nation. Our RB is now the leading TD scorer in Michigan history. All of Michigan history. Corum had 27 TD's this year, SIX MORE than the #2 scoring RB in the nation....
Um... you also had the 7th most rushing attempts in the nation, so you'd better have a ton of TDs... but you also only averaged 4.5 YPC, which would put you in a tie for 46th nationally. Like I said, not an elite rushing attack. You were actually a worse rushing team this year across the board than you were last year, and you also were far from an elite passing attack which, again, is my point.

But didn't UGA had their chance? Wasn't the SEC championship game not a sudo playoff game, loser go home, winner advance.
Both teams knew what was at stake going in just like the PAC championship game and UM/OSU game. Don't see how that's different from a 12-team playoff, if you lose in the quarter-finals, why would expect to be granted a 2nd chance after that?

This is normal sports shit and it’s embarrassing seeing so called sports message board icons pretending they are clueless noobs all of a sudden.

Took awhile for the Bulls to beat the Pistons. Took awhile for the Cowboys to beat the Niners. Took Michigan a few years to surpass Ohio State.

Stop acting like you just started watching sports this year.

We held Bama to their lowest offensive output of the season. We held Washington to their lowest offensive output of the season.

Keep grasping. 1,503 days and counting and National Champion CANNOT be an easy pill for you to swallow :)
What I said was objective fact. I know it pisses you off that nobody is impressed by you (of course, 3 years of cheating will do that as well).

Congrats on winning the title in the least impressive CFP season. 1,503 days doesn't mean anything to me when I know you had to cheat in order to do it.