What was the difference?

I think it's flawed that just because there was more parity in CFB this year, doesn't mean it was a "down year". I think you'll find that Michigan may not have the 1st rounders, but may have a near record year for the program in terms of players drafted. Michigan was good this year not because of a few elite players that will be high draft picks, but because they had a lot of old players and most of them will be draft picks.

Yeah, that's kind of my point. Michigan was fortunate to have a bunch of guys still be eligible because of the Covid year. It's not a slight, it just is what it is. Teams like OSU, UGA, and Bama etc, I'm guessing, didn't have as many guys take advantage of that rule because those guys are off to the NFL. That made older teams(like Michigan and Washington), have a huge advantage this year. Props to Michigan for playing the system perfect with that and NIL. I do think the longer we get into NIL and the transfer portal it will cause more parity, which in turn, will lessen the chances of elite, historical teams.

um. What years? In consecutive games Michigan beat #2 Ohio State, #16 Iowa, #4 Alabama and #2 Washington.

Are you suggesting that because Michigan WAS the elite team this year, that it's not as fair because we didn't have to functionally "upset" someone?

he is saying... this Michigan team won't be compared to

95 huskers
94 huskers
01 miami

and so forth.

Perhaps we've unlocked why Nebraska has been so shit since joining the conference.

They've been prepping their defense to stop attacks that only Iowa and Wisconsin still run. Unfortunately, they're still a combined 2-18 vs those schools in the last 10 years.

LOL

"bUt NeBrAsKa"

"wE CaN't bAsH MiChiGaN sO We'LL bAsH AnYoNe dEfEnDiNg ThEM" - Ohio St fan

Frost's offense was anything but 3 yards and a cloud of dust and the record showed. You sound like Iowa pounding their chests for beating (4-8) Nebraska teams. LOL

I get it. You Ohio St fans are miserable because Michigan's been kicking your dicks in by being more physical up front. i.e. running the ball down your cum drenched throats.

Ohio St/Michigan Rushing Offense

Michigan: 297 yds
Ohio St: 64 yds

Michigan: 252 yds
Ohio St: 143 yds

Last edited:
I've got a question for all you CFB geniuses. What was the biggest difference in Michigan's team this year compared to their 2021 and 2022 teams?

I'll admit I didn't watch all of MIchigan's games this year, but they looked very identical to the 2021 and 2022 teams IMHO. Yet this team won a natty and the previous two lose to Georgia and TCU in the 2021 and 2022 CFP semifinals. This year they beat Bama and Washington in back to back CFP games to win a natty.

Explain it to this old man please.
Healthier, year older and luck … never discount luck

lol. Must be the cheating and not the fact that CJ threw 2 picks and Mikey knocked another TD away.|

Of course Michigan played "good teams" closer than bad teams? What is this? Am I talking in the twilight zone? Name a championship team that didn't play good teams closer? I'll wait.

2018 Clemson, 2019 LSU, 2020 Bama and 2021 UGA off the top of my head dominated the CFP. I don't think this Michigan team is on those teams' level. We'll never know, so if you disagree that's perfectly fine.

That is part of Harbaugh's big thing as a head coach. Take care of the ball and minimize mistakes.

Michigan was the least penalized team in college football this year (2.7 per game)

Michigan was either 1st or 2nd for fewest turnovers in CFB

Michigan was #1 in the turnover/takeaway category.

All Harbaugh teams are like this. Not sure how he gets his teams like that -- but somehow he does.

McCarthy doesn't make dumb mistakes. He's a good game manager.

Yeah, that's kind of my point. Michigan was fortunate to have a bunch of guys still be eligible because of the Covid year. It's not a slight, it just is what it is. Teams like OSU, UGA, and Bama etc, I'm guessing, didn't have as many guys take advantage of that rule because those guys are off to the NFL. That made older teams(like Michigan and Washington), have a huge advantage this year. Props to Michigan for playing the system perfect with that and NIL. I do think the longer we get into NIL and the transfer portal it will cause more parity, which in turn, will lessen the chances of elite, historical teams.
This wasn't a covid year thing. Most of the core players came in the 2020 or 2021 recruiting classes and are still under normal eligibility rules. Most of this team could choose to come back because of the covid year (obviously few probably will that have decent draft prospects).

This wasn't a covid year thing. Most of the core players came in the 2020 or 2021 recruiting classes and are still under normal eligibility rules. Most of this team could choose to come back because of the covid year (obviously few probably will that have decent draft prospects).

Weren't like 7 starters on offense last night in the 2019 recruiting class? Maybe, some of them used redshirts and would have still been eligible.

LOL

"bUt NeBrAsKa"

"wE CaN't bAsH MiChiGaN sO We'LL bAsH AnYoNe dEfEnDiNg ThEM" - Ohio St fan

Frost's offense was anything but 3 yards and a cloud of dust and the record showed. You sound like Iowa pounding their chests for beating (4-8) Nebraska teams. LOL

I get it. You Ohio St fans are miserable because Michigan's been kicking your dicks in by being more physical up front. i.e. running the ball down your cum drenched throats.

Ohio St/Michigan Rushing Offense

Michigan: 297 yds
Ohio St: 64 yds

Michigan: 252 yds
Ohio St: 143 yds

We've been outcoached and outplayed for the past 3 years. Simple as that.

Georgia got screwed over by refs in the SECCG

By the numbers, Michigan defense went from Great to Elite.

F+ = FEI ratings + SP+ ratings
Note that these are opponent adjusted and garbage time adjusted
F+OF+DF+
20214th (1.82)9th (1.37)9th (1.43)
20223rd (2.21)9th (1.66)4th (1.88)
20231st (2.51)6th (1.70)1st (2.47)

Weren't like 7 starters on offense last night in the 2019 recruiting class? Maybe, some of them used redshirts and would have still been eligible.
Yup, mostly on the line. We had some defensive guys too but most were just normal redshirt 5th years. Unsure about some of the transfers we picked up. But I think pretty much the entire offense could come back next year under covid eligibility. I think Michael Barrett might have used a covid year on defense. But there weren't many.

You said "I provided plenty of examples of how it's not." a 3 yards and a cloud of dust conference.

You provided one point and that one point was Ohio St.

How did that Ohio St "we're not a 3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense fare on the national level?

I'll tell you how..... The got their dicks kicked in 24 - 52 in the NC.

(10-4) Oregon even beat Ohio St in Columbus.
We won a national title and 5 Big Ten titles with that offense dumbass. We also have the third most wins in college football over the CFP era with 14 top-10 wins. Get your head out of your cornhusking ass and watch the game from time to time and you'd understand.

They played great defense and took care of the ball.

Easy peezy.

Impressive.

he is saying... this Michigan team won't be compared to

95 huskers
94 huskers
01 miami

and so forth.

Eh. Never know in a single game. The 02 Miami squad was arguably better than 01 and yet Ohio State managed to win the NCG against them with Kraig m'fn Krenzel at QB.

Eh. Never know in a single game. The 02 Miami squad was arguably better than 01 and yet Ohio State managed to win the NCG against them with Kraig m'fn Krenzel at QB.
*Refs managed to win that game for tosu

We won a national title and 5 Big Ten titles with that offense dumbass. We also have the third most wins in college football over the CFP era with 14 top-10 wins. Get your head out of your cornhusking ass and watch the game from time to time and you'd understand.

Ohio St hasn't won a NC in 9 years (2014).

Even then they weren't undefeated.
They lost by 14 points (21-35) in Columbus to a (7-6) Va Tech team.
Va Tech had 3 turnovers in that game, but still controlled the clock 33:19 to 26:05.

even if they lost in OT, it was an extreme upset. Miami was favored by 11
their top RB also tore his knee that game too right?