What's your Chili recipe?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
I've never had a go-to chili recipe, usually mix it up differently every time. But yesterday I made a batch that was one of my better ones I'd say. Just the perfect amount of spicy to give you a good burn but not over the top. Lady friend thought it was too much though so I added some sugar to a leftover batch to tame it down for her hopefully.

Ground chuck
Mild Italian pork sausage
Green Pepper
Red Pepper
Green Chilis
Chili Beans
Chili Beans in spicy sauce
Diced Tomatoes
Celery
Onion
Cayenne Pepper
Hot Chili Powder
Other Spices

Instead of Worcestershire I used the Lizano sauce I brought back from Costa Rica. Pretty damn good if I do say so myself.

Also, has anybody else noticed a Frito's shortage at the grocery store lately? Last couple times I have looked for them they are completely out, just the chili cheese fritos and no regular ones.

It's been a long while since I made some chili
Sounds good

I have no idea how I did it so long ago.

Believe it or not....

We only use this lately. It's that freaking good. Everyone who tries it says it's some of the best Chili they've had. My daughter is the one who told us about it. I was skeptical at first but after I tried it I was sold.

Brown 3 pounds ground beef with one diced onion, two-three diced jalapenos, two-three diced serranos, and diced garlic to preference. Season with chili powder and cumin. Drain the majority of the fat/grease but not all. Put it in the crock of yourn crock pot and put in fridge for the next day. Really lets that meat absorb the other flavors.
Next morning, get that bech out and start heating on low.
Now dump the following in with yourn meat mix:
2 cans of Rotel (which ever you prefer, I go with original)
2 cans black beans
2 cans red chili beans
1 large can of sweet corN
1 small can of tomato paste
1 can of lentils
Continue to heat on low for 5-6 hours, mixing every hour or so.
Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh jalapeno slices, and corn chips on the side.

I’m going to make this easy for you guys and it’s can’t miss:

Buy Chili-O seasoning packs. Follow the instructions and then doctor it up with what you like:

- Onion
- Bell pepper
- Jalapeño

I typically go with minced onion, Dream Land Barbecue sauce and mix Italian sausage in with the ground beef.

If you want to lighten it up you can use ground Turkey and it comes out fine.

I’m going to make this easy for you guys and it’s can’t miss:
Buy Chili-O seasoning packs. Follow the instructions and then doctor it up with what you like:
- Onion
- Bell pepper
- Jalapeño
I typically go with minced onion, Dream Land Barbecue sauce and mix Italian sausage in with the ground beef.
If you want to lighten it up you can use ground Turkey and it comes out fine.

That sounds awful. Ground turkey?!?!? WTF! We were making chili and you bring up turkey...haha

That sounds awful. Ground turkey?!?!? WTF! We were making chili and you bring up turkey...haha
I’d say 9 out of 10 times we make chili now we use ground Turkey to make it healthier. We eat a lot of Chili and make it at least once every two weeks once the temperature drops.

I've never had a go-to chili recipe, usually mix it up differently every time. But yesterday I made a batch that was one of my better ones I'd say. Just the perfect amount of spicy to give you a good burn but not over the top. Lady friend thought it was too much though so I added some sugar to a leftover batch to tame it down for her hopefully.

Ground chuck
Mild Italian pork sausage
Green Pepper
Red Pepper
Green Chilis
Chili Beans
Chili Beans in spicy sauce
Diced Tomatoes
Celery
Onion
Cayenne Pepper
Hot Chili Powder
Other Spices

Instead of Worcestershire I used the Lizano sauce I brought back from Costa Rica. Pretty damn good if I do say so myself.

Also, has anybody else noticed a Frito's shortage at the grocery store lately? Last couple times I have looked for them they are completely out, just the chili cheese fritos and no regular ones.
So you just through all that shit in a pot?

I make my chili with ground turkey, and its fucking amazing. No one can tell, and raves about my shit. I also know how to make a rue, which is really the trick to making any good chili or gravy. Have not seen anyone mention that yet.

Fuck ground beef or ground turkey.

Bacon
Pork shoulder, cubed
stew meat
all the other shit

I make my chili with ground turkey, and its fucking amazing. No one can tell, and raves about my shit. I also know how to make a rue, which is really the trick to making any good chili or gravy. Have not seen anyone mention that yet.
Now ya just need to learn how to spell it. :wink:

My chili recipe varies on meat (venison, ground beef, or beef chuck). but never any beans.

Beans are for bean soup with a ham bone and only the dry white navy beans.
Beans are also good baked as a side for BBQ, etc.

Beans in chili are for filler, nothing else. They were originally put in there to stretch it out (Depression era) and feed more people, but somehow became a 'common' ingredient.
If you're doing a fundraiser, by all means put beans in there to increase profit and feed more people.
If you truly love your friends and family, leave the fucking beans out.

My chili recipe varies on meat (venison, ground beef, or beef chuck). but never any beans.

Beans in chili are for filler, nothing else. They were originally put in there to stretch it out (Depression era) and feed more people, but somehow became a 'common' ingredient.
If you're doing a fundraiser, by all means put beans in there to increase profit and feed more people.
You a Rivals poster?

I respectfully disagree. They also add starch, which acts as a thickening agent, in case you skip the roux.

I respectfully disagree. They also add starch, which acts as a thickening agent, in case you skip the roux.
Ro No GIF by Rosanna Pansino