What's your Chili recipe?

I usually leave the beans out if making chili for just me and the wife. She doesn't like it with beans. Arggh!

So when I make it just for us I skip the beans...and eat the chili over Fritos Corn Chips with shredded cheddar on top....a "Frito Pie" as we call it down here. She eats it with saltine crackers.

Now when I make a big chili for a party, I put Kidney and Pinto beans in it. When made like this, I don't adding anything else except maybe hot sauce.
Homemade white corn tortilla chips. Seriously amazebawls.

Lil dollop of sour cream in the middle. Fresh and pickled jalapenos. Chopped white onions.

The chips are bomb...half the time, I won't even get a spoon.

Meme Aww GIF by MOODMAN
Get some new material.

Now ya just need to learn how to spell it. :wink:

You dont have to know how to spell it to make it. bitch!

It's called a roux......

Depending on the size of the pot, the amounts of these ingredients vary.

1lb pork sausage
2 pound ground turkey or beef
2 small white onions
6 to 10 cloves of garlic
2 jalapenos
real new mexico chili powder
cumin
cayenne
paprika
pinch of flour
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans pintobeans
1 can black beans
1 can green chilis

Toppings for after chili is done
shredded cheese
sour cream
fresh chopped onions(white and green)
fresh jalapenos chopped
tortilla chips and/or tortillas
cornbread

give or a take a few things.

Sauté the onions and jalapenos, until the onions are opaque and add garlic for a couple minutes. When the garlic is cooked, (4 to 6 minutes tops) stir in the ground meats and brown. Strain the meat mixture and collect the drippings.

Put the drippings back into the pot, and throw in a few pinches of flour, with chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and paprika. Let it bubble and brown a bit. The heaviest of the powders should obviously be chili, followed by cumin, cayenne for heat, and paprika for color.

Once the roohe is "toasted" add the meat and beans, and green chilis. Let simmer for a while and enjoy the fuck out of it.

I know, its raux. I got it now.
@ukfanfrombirth(cali cat) tell these guys to get off my fucking back about how to spell ruux

1lb pork sausage
2 small white onions
6 to 10 cloves of garlic
2 jalapenos
cumin
cayenne
paprika
pinch of flour
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans pintobeans
1 can black beans
1 can green chilis

shredded cheese
sour cream
fresh jalapenos chopped
cornbread

Sauté the onions and jalapenos, until the onions are opaque and add garlic for a couple minutes. When the garlic is cooked, (4 to 6 minutes tops) stir in the ground meats and brown. Strain the meat mixture and collect the drippings.

Put the drippings back into the pot, and throw in a few pinches of flour, with chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and paprika. Let it bubble and brown a bit. The heaviest of the powders should obviously be chili, followed by cumin, cayenne for heat, and paprika for color.

Once the roohe is "toasted" add the meat and beans, and green chilis. Let simmer for a while and enjoy the fuck out of it.

This is actually very similar to how I make it for a party.

But if it's just the wife and I, I just use the jar I mentioned earlier in the thread, post #4.

I tell you what...y'all making me hungry for a good chili now! I guess I'll be getting chili ingredients soon.

He has been desperately trying to get my attention. He feeds on the negative attention, like a13 year old that just discovered the internet.

Just ignore the mongoloid. He has never added anything of substance to any conversation, and never will.

He has been desperately trying to get my attention. He feeds on the negative attention, like a13 year old that just discovered the internet.

Just ignore the mongoloid. He has never added anything of substance to any conversation, and never will.
He's a stupider version of ill.

Funny story...

When I was stationed in W Berlin Germany at Tempelhof back in the early 80's we had an annual open house day where the German citizens could come on base to the flight-line and check out our equipment. My radar shop and other shops would do fundraising booths for our annual Christmas parties.
One year we sold bowls of chili we'd made the night before. Lots and lots of beans to stretch it out. It was so popular we starting getting low in a matter of a couple of hours, so we sent a couple airmen over to the BX to get more supplies to make another batch.
The beans they brought back were dry like we'd had the night before, but this time didn't have the time to soak.
"Fuck it, make it anyway. They'll soften up a bit"
Even with the hard beans, the line to our booth was still longer than the lines to the other booths selling hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos, etc.. There were some dudes that would buy a bowl, go back to the end of the line, and eat their bowl of chili while waiting to get back to the front and get another bowl.
We sold out again. LOL

"Das ist gut, no?"

Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

He's a stupider version of ill.
I dont hate ill like a lot of people seem do. He is just trolling in many cases and loves to get a rise out of people. He at least has original thoughts and angles on things, regardless of right or wrong. He at least spurs conversations, and adds something.
This fucker is completely worthless in every capacity.

Last edited:
I dont hate ill like a lot of people seem to. He is juts trolling in many cases and loves to get arise out of people. He at least has original thoughts and angles on things, regardless of right or wrong. He at least spurs conversations, and adds something.
This fucker is completely worthless in every capacity.
You are just another disgruntled Bears fan.

1lb pork sausage
2 small white onions
6 to 10 cloves of garlic
2 jalapenos
cumin
cayenne
paprika
pinch of flour
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans pintobeans
1 can black beans
1 can green chilis

shredded cheese
sour cream
fresh jalapenos chopped
cornbread

Not a ground turkey fan, but this sounds like it could mask it decently. I like to use chorizo for added flavor and if I’m being really patient, I’ll also use chunks of chuck roast that simmer to little bites of super tender goodness.

Not a ground turkey fan, but this sounds like it could mask it decently. I like to use chorizo for added flavor and if I’m being really patient, I’ll also use chunks of chuck roast that simmer to little bites of super tender goodness.
I have never had anyone say anything other than how great it is. Even when I tell them its turkey, they dont believe me. The chorizo could be a great addition, and is just pork sausage with chili and other ingredients already in there.

The only time I added chunks of meat was when my BIL had elk steaks, and we chopped some of that up, browned it up and threw it in the pot. Did not suck.

I have never had anyone say anything other than how great it is. Even when I tell them its turkey, they dont believe me. The chorizo could be a great addition, and is just pork sausage with chili and other ingredients already in there.

The only time I added chunks of meat was when my BIL had elk steaks, and we chopped some of that up, browned it up and threw it in the pot. Did not suck.
Hehehe…great point about the chorizo. Didn’t think of that.