What's your Chili recipe?

Those look delish.

I think I better make some this weekend. One of my faves.
I’m usually pretty simple when it comes to chile verde…just scoop some up with a warm flour tortilla with a side of rice & beans. But those burritos look damn good!

I like killing my chili with brown sugar, 1 oz per pint. And no rock throwing, but a tablespoon of sweet pickle relish per large bowl when served. Just stir it in.

Made some chile verde yesterday. So good. I made enough to mess around, so last nite, instead of the traditional smothered burrito, I made more of a Cali style, dry burrito, stuffed with the verde pork, some green rice, some white beans tossed in a green onion vinaigrette, and some cotija cheese. I gotta admit, it was pretty fuckin' bomb.

2 lbs ground beef
1 can kidney beans
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 packet McCormick chili seasoning

Bon appetite

Tonight was "suiza" style.

Some of the pork, some of the verde, heated in a skillet with some cream cheese and sour cream.

Rolled up in slightly fried white corn tortillas and topped with verde and cheeses and baked for 30.

Finished with fresh jalapeno slices, cilantro, cholulu hot sauce and lime juice.

I mean, I could seriously eat this shit daily.

I like killing my chili with brown sugar, 1 oz per pint. And no rock throwing, but a tablespoon of sweet pickle relish per large bowl when served. Just stir it in.
I'm chucking any rocks, just connecting dots a little.

:heh:

I'm chucking any rocks, just connecting dots a little.

:heh:
I love tamed/pickled jalapenos on top of muh chili, but never considered actual pickles, tho if I were to consider it, sweet pickles would make much more sense.

Still...I'm not ruining a day of cooking to try that shit out.

I love tamed/pickled jalapenos on top of muh chili, but never considered actual pickles, tho if I were to consider it, sweet pickles would make much more sense.

Muh brain starts to short circuit when I try to imagine it o_O

C'mon one bowl won't kill ya. Treat the relish like a condiment. Goes in when you serve a bowl. Doesn't affect the whole pot.

C'mon one bowl won't kill ya. Treat the relish like a condiment. Goes in when you serve a bowl. Doesn't affect the whole pot.
I put a lot of condiments on muh chileh

I'll consider. Is it a stand-alone condiment, er do ya mix it with all the other better condiments? lulz

I put a lot of condiments on muh chileh

I'll consider. Is it a stand-alone condiment, er do ya mix it with all the other better condiments? lulz

I mix in a tablespoon or so in a large bowl of chili. The cheese, onions and sour cream go on top

I use this as my base...

I smoke the hamburger

Add Smoked Tritip

Tweak the cumin and add lots of onions.

263270652_1449828675432382_5893107626491319507_n.jpg

1 lb ground beef
1 lb breakfast sausage
2 cans Rotel mild
1 can tomato sauce
1 sm can tomato paste
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can shoepeg corn
1/2 onion
1 pkg Williams Onion Chili seasoning

Season the meat while browning with chili powder, cumin and 1/2 onion chopped fine to taste. Drain well.

While prepping the meat. open all your cans and drain all excess juice.

Combine and mix all ingredients except for the meat in you pot.
After meat is cooked, layer on top and add chili seasoning evenly. Stir meat to mix seasoning then combine with the rest of the ingredients in your pot. I recommend low heat for at least 3-4 hours.

I like to add the following to taste:
Liquid Smoke (IT DON'T TAKE MUCH, TRUST ME)
Barbecue sauce (not in an amount that is overpowering the chili seasonings)
A-1 steak sauce
brown or unprocessed sugar

I have a spicy version as well with crushed red pepper and jalapeno/habanero.

Top chili with Monterey Jack cheese and some of the diced onion as you have 1/2 an onion left.

For special occasions I will make jalapeno cornbread to go with the chili.

Cold beer.