What's your Chili recipe?

It's that time of year again. I've got a work chili cook-off this Friday and figured I'd check to see what my grocery store had in stock today or looked interesting. Made some modifications from my typical go to recipe, so we'll see how it holds up.

2.5 lbs chuck
2 green, 1 yellow, 1 orange, and 1 red bell pepper
2 medium yellow onions
3 jalapeños
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 can rotel (hot)
2 cans kidney beans
1 large can bush's baked beans (sweat heat)
2 Mccormick original chili seasoning packets
1 Mccormick hot chili seasoning packet
1 cup of brown sugar (more or less to taste)

I'll add everything to the crocpot Thursday night before I head to bed on low. Will keep it on warm until noon on Friday.

May have to bring some cornbread too, but that should always be fresh and I don't want to have to reheat it.

20221024_144522.jpg

It's that time of year again. I've got a work chili cook-off this Friday and figured I'd check to see what my grocery store had in stock today or looked interesting. Made some modifications from my typical go to recipe, so we'll see how it holds up.

2.5 lbs chuck
2 medium yellow onions
3 jalapeños
1 can rotel (hot)
2 cans kidney beans

I'll add everything to the crocpot Thursday night before I head to bed on low. Will keep it on warm until noon on Friday.

May have to bring some cornbread too, but that should always be fresh and I don't want to have to reheat it.

View attachment 89343
Don't know about all that brown sugar but I love chili season.

Don't know about all that brown sugar but I love chili season.

Yeah, I'll likely cut back on it a little since I'm only using jalapeños versus habaneros like I typically do. I like the sweet on the front end with heat on the back, much like mango habanero wing sauce. Probably start with a half a cup that night and add more that morning after a quick taste test before leaving at 6am.

I will not divulge the recipe for my award winning (yeah seriously) Hellbilly Deluxe chili. 😁

2 cans of Rotel (which ever you prefer, I go with original)
2 cans black beans
2 cans red chili beans
1 large can of sweet corN
1 small can of tomato paste
1 can of lentils

109 GIF by Strays

2.5 lbs chuck
2 medium yellow onions
3 jalapeños
1 can rotel (hot)
2 cans kidney beans

I don't put any "pre-packaged seasoning if making from scratch, but I seldom do that anyway.
I also don't use anything other than a green bell pepper and only 1.

The Ro-tel, kidney beans, baked beans(lol, wut?) and brown sugar do not appear in my Chili recipe.

But as is often the case, you don't know until you try it. I'd eat your Chili. Not how I would make it but I certainly would not turn it down! haha

Don't knock it 'til you try it. The head bartender at the bar I worked at in college would do chili once a week as a special in the Fall and Winter. Corn was in his recipe. Never had chili with corn in it before that.... it's a game changer.

Don't knock it 'til you try it. The head bartender at the bar I worked at in college would do chili once a week as a special in the Fall and Winter. Corn was in his recipe. Never had chili with corn in it before that.... it's a game changer.
Cornbread is often served with chili, so it's not too far out in left field.

I make homemade white corn tortilla chips to go with my chili, and it too is a game changer. No spoon needed.

I make homemade white corn tortilla chips to go with my chili, and it too is a game changer. No spoon needed.
Sounds kinda racist, Bruv. :laugh:

I don't put beans in my Chili and I eat it with Fritos Corn chips. Get the scoop kind. No spoon needed.

Lol, now Retard Alert is an award winning chili chef. Is there anything this dolt hasn’t perfected? Derp

Made a white chicken chili in the crock pot a few weekends ago. Yesterday morning I made a red chili in the crockpot and honestly think it was one of the best I've ever made.

Italian Sausage
Ground Chuck
Green and Red Pepper
Jalapeno
Hot sauce
chili beans
chili beans in spicy sauce
diced tomatoes
tomato paste
the usual spices and herbs
leftover bacon from breakfast

Made me sweat just the right amount.