Poll Which dead program is the most dead?

Most dead program

• Total voters
Just in the last decade alone we've made the BCSCG, 2 CFP's and finished the regular season in the top 8 twice. We suck this year for sure, but we've been in contention half the time the last decade.

Yeah, you are probably not in "dead" list but you are not the premier program of CFB like you were for decades. Notre Dame was the "it" school at one time.

Yeah, you are probably not in "dead" list but you are not the premier program of CFB like you were for decades. Notre Dame was the "it" school at one time.

Yeah, we're not the #1 program we were in the 20's, 40's and 70's, but outside of those 3 decades, I wouldn't consider us the #1 program in any other decade. Overall from the 20's to the 80's, we may be #1, so in that regard we aren't that anymore, but we've been a top 10 program the last decade. We had a really awful 15-year stretch from like 1996-2011. So we're not what we were in the 70s and 80s, but we're also not as bad as we were from the late 90s through the 2000s.

ND's won 10+ games in 6 of the last 7 seasons. 11 seasons with 8+ wins in the last 12. They are not dead lol

Let me put it this way, I was shocked that the most successful Notre Dame coach since Lou Holtz bolted for LSU...

Historically, Notre Dame was the PLACE to go. They are winning now but it seems like they are a tier behind Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State. Back in the day, they were looked at the way we look at Alabama now.

I'd say Georgia Tech but they've came back from a worse era to win a NC.

Minny shits the bed for a decade and then has an exceptional season or two.

Nebraska will come back.

Pitt and Michigan are doing relatively ok.

FSU finally seems to be looking up.

I reckon I'm voting for Colorado, but truth is as long as any team has support and $$$ they can come back...eventually...if only for a lil bit.

Can’t be Texas. We’re back… or something

Yeah, we're not the #1 program we were in the 20's, 40's and 70's, but outside of those 3 decades, I wouldn't consider us the #1 program in any other decade. Overall from the 20's to the 80's, we may be #1, so in that regard we aren't that anymore, but we've been a top 10 program the last decade. We had a really awful 15-year stretch from like 1996-2011. So we're not what we were in the 70s and 80s, but we're also not as bad as we were from the late 90s through the 2000s.
If you go by one field performance, Notre Dame may not have been the "it" program except in those decades you mention. But in regards to name, recognition, reputation, aura, etc, Notre Dame was definitely "it" for a long, long time. Even tOSU, USC, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, etc weren't as highly regarded as Notre Dame was IMO.

Let me put it this way, I was shocked that the most successful Notre Dame coach since Lou Holtz bolted for LSU...

Historically, Notre Dame was the PLACE to go. They are winning now but it seems like they are a tier behind Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State. Back in the day, they were looked at the way we look at Alabama now.

An over $6 million/year pay raise is quite motivational.

He was only making $3.3 million/year at ND.

Lol obvious choice here is Nebraska. Great troll job OP, you got em riled up

Nebraska will come back.

I reckon I'm voting for Colorado, but truth is as long as any team has support and $$$ they can come back...eventually...if only for a lil bit.

Pretty good summation, especially at the end with the comment about the money and fan support. This is why Miami might be in the worse position, especially if ACC Collapses.

Nebraska will come back.

For the millionth time. Colorado doesn’t have enough natties to qualify

I personally do NOT think Michigan even belongs on the list. They are good enough now to typically beat everyone in the B1G not named Ohio State and if they catch Ohio State in a right matchup, they are winning and going to playoffs like last year. It is basically 1990s again in B1G with conference championship coming down to that game.
Yup. We're only on the list because people compare us to Ohio State and that single record. But when you take a step back and look at where we've been in the last 6/7 years, we're fine...especially now. If this trend continues we should be perpetual contenders in the conference at least. We need to recruit better to be in a better position to match up nationally. But winning solves recruiting. It's a catch 22.
I'd expect Tennessee to pull in a monster class this year or next. Michigan is looking really solid with the 2024 class and might be our best ever if things play out.

I went by the number of years since the program has accomplished anything of significance.
That means that Minnesota gets my vote. They haven't really done much since the face mask was invented, it seems.