Poll Which Former Bama QB Would You Want If You HAD To Choose?

Which QB do you pick as your starter?

• Tua

• Mac Jones

• Jalen Hurts

• AJ McCarron

• Potato Salad Made In Putin's Butt Crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
And yet not of those players has won a single championship after college.

"Glory days,..."
They’re all still young except McCarron. Their college teams were better than Starr’s NFL teams

And yet not of those players has won a single championship after college.

"Glory days,..."
3 of those players, and the most talented of the 3, are still new to the NFL. Hell, they are all 24 and were drafted either in 2020, or 2021.

The change has changed so much, evolved, and now requires so much more dedication and focus.

I bought my Dad a copy of Stabler's autobiography, and that alone shows that times were just vastly different, and players nowadays could never live a life like that and still be HoF.

The amount of dedication, talent, and sacrifices it takes to play a professional sport nowadays, is something those athletes never experienced.
Do any of them call their own plays?

I agree that they are better athletes, though.

3 of those players, and the most talented of the 3, are still new to the NFL. Hell, they are all 24 and were drafted either in 2020, or 2021.
I'll change my mind when they win something. All the potential in the world combined does not equal actually doing it.

Do any of them call their own plays?

I agree that they are better athletes, though.
I know Mac did at times in college, not positive of the others though.

I don't watch enough of the Dolphins, Eagles, or Patriots to really know.

I'll change my mind when they win something. All the potential in the world combined does not equal actually doing it.
So, by that logic, Marino is not a great?

In a sport where a championships requires so many pieces, and teams have won with a mediocre QB, it's absurd to think you are holding QB's against the fact that they have, or have not won a Super Bowl. Football is not a sport that can be won with one player. Never has been, never will be, and thus it's unfair to put all the blame/praise on the QB.

So, by that logic, Marino is not a great?

In a sport where a championships requires so many pieces, and teams have won with a mediocre QB, it's absurd to think you are holding QB's against the fact that they have, or have not won a Super Bowl. Football is not a sport that can be won with one player. Never has been, never will be, and thus it's unfair to put all the blame/praise on the QB.
Marino was the greatest passer, perhaps. But not the greatest qb. That title belongs to Brady.

Marino was the greatest passer, perhaps. But not the greatest qb. That title belongs to Brady.
No argument here.

But if you tell me that Nick Foles is a better QB than Marino because of Super Bowls, I'm going to laugh my ass off.

I'll join you.
But one has a Super Bowl, while another doesn't.

My point is, most information needs to be considered when discussing great QB's, and not just Championships.

But one has a Super Bowl, while another doesn't.

My point is, most information needs to be considered when discussing great QB's, and not just Championships.
Yeah. I don't rely just on one-off wins. 5 championships in 7 years is relevant, though. And, yes I did check, Starr played his best in "big" games. His career paaser rating was around 80. His postseason passer rating is 104+. Held the record until the last few years.

AJ McCarron.

Just to see his hottie main squeeze in the stands again.

Without any Brent Musburger drooling this time.

I took Mac Jones.

Always take intelligence & passing ability over athletic ability for QB when thinking long term.
I know Hurts is the flavor of the month but running QBs always get figured out or injured.

I took Mac Jones.

Always take intelligence & passing ability over athletic ability for QB when thinking long term.
I know Hurts is the flavor of the month but running QBs always get figured out or injured.
TBF, I think Jalen is a very smart QB, but Mac was one of those that always took care of his body, and even when he started to scramble, kept his eyes downfield looking for something to open up.

When I made this poll I had no idea within a week both Jones and Tua would be out.

I think at this point Hurts runs away with it.

AJ. He sucks like the other but his woman has the pretty.

When I made this poll I had no idea within a week both Jones and Tua would be out.

I think at this point Hurts runs away with it.
I hope he runs right into a 5/150 fully guaranteed contract!