Poll Who deserves the an Invitation to the CFP more)

Who deserves the an Invitation to the CFP more?

• Total voters
If it's between Ohio State and Alabama, I'd say Ohio State. Though it's my opinion that no team should be in unless they win their conference. I know I'm in a minority. And I said before the Ohio State game, on this forum, that I didn't want Michigan in if we lost. That loss should mean something.
It is my opinion as well ... pick from the four best Conference Winners. Can you imagine Purdue, North Carolina, LSU, Utah or Kansas State were the winners. :dhd:

I have seen this posted on other media sites. There are teams that can't play their way into the playoff this weekend (because not in CCG), so should the teams that have to play this weekend (in CCG) be able to play themselves out of the playoff? Thoughts?

I have seen this posted on other media sites. There are teams that can't play their way into the playoff this weekend (because not in CCG), so should the teams that have to play this weekend (in CCG) be able to play themselves out of the playoff? Thoughts?
A good and fair question ... my answer is yes. Maybe not the undefeated team, but if a one loss team becomes a two loss team ... bye bye.

It is my opinion as well ... pick from the four best Conference Winners. Can you imagine Purdue, North Carolina, LSU, Utah or Kansas State were the winners. :dhd:
I'm really not looking forward to the 12 team playoff, I think it ruins this. Can you imagine right now if there's a 12 team format? All of these teams are still in, no one is disappointed, all we're talking about is who gets an extra home playoff game vs who doesn't. We're talking about is fucking 9-3 Florida State should be in the playoff or not. God, I'm going to hate that.

I'm really not looking forward to the 12 team playoff, I think it ruins this. Can you imagine right now if there's a 12 team format? All of these teams are still in, no one is disappointed, all we're talking about is who gets an extra home playoff game vs who doesn't. We're talking about is fucking 9-3 Florida State should be in the playoff or not. God, I'm going to hate that.
Eight would be perfect ... assuming all the favorites win it would be P5 Conferences (Top 5 Seeds) and 3 at large (no more than two from any conference)

1. Georgia vs 8. Washington
2. Michigan vs 7. Alabama
3. TCU vs 6. ohio state
4. USC vs 5. Clemson

OP failed to grasp the obvious

UCF

Oregon

Convince me that I am wrong.

Ya know, I've pondered this over and over and I'm still torn.

On one hand, tOSU only has 1 loss and that is to undefeated Michigan; but they did get absolutely thumped, and at home.

On the other hand, Alabama has 2 losses at the very end, both to ranked teams and both on the road.

They both have very similar SOS.

With that being said, I have to go with tOSU.

In a perfect world, I'd rather see Tennessee, but they aren't near as interesting without Hooker.

Okay, go ahead and pencil Duke in now

A good and fair question ... my answer is yes. Maybe not the undefeated team, but if a one loss team becomes a two loss team ... bye bye.
I semi see it this way also. Only if the 2nd loss comes in the CCG in a close hard fought game. Said team would have gotten their 2nd loss in a game that others didn't have to play in. The teams that didn't have to play CCG weekend would have reached their 2nd loss during the regular season. Because then we are putting teams in that didn't even win their division. I know it has been done before, and conference championships are not always high on the ladder of some of the CFP members. Should be interesting.

Ohio State faced one test all season and suffered a devastating defeat.

LOL at anyone saying they deserve a spot.

:facepalm:
Honestly, based on how badly they got beaten they should automatically be ineligible for next year’s CFP as well regardless of record. Just on general principles.

Honestly, based on how badly they got beaten they should automatically be ineligible for next year’s CFP as well regardless of record. Just on general principles.
I can’t see them being competitive again next season after this humiliation.

So as of right now it would be UGA, Michigan, TCU, USC.

Now even if Michigan or UGA lose, they are still likely to get in. And if TCU or USC lose, then Ohio St is likely to get in....

But what if TCU and USC lose. Obviously Ohio St gets in, but who gets the next spot. To you keep TCU in the top 4 given it'll be their only loss or does Bama creep back in?

So as of right now it would be UGA, Michigan, TCU, USC.

Now even if Michigan or UGA lose, they are still likely to get in. And if TCU or USC lose, then Ohio St is likely to get in....

But what if TCU and USC lose. Obviously Ohio St gets in, but who gets the next spot. To you keep TCU in the top 4 given it'll be their only loss or does Bama creep back in?
I wonder how much of it will depend on "how they both lose" (if they do). If we are talking a 27-24 or 37-33 close loss, I am not sure. Some would say they both stay in the CFP. Now, this could serve less headache too (I guess). But we know that ESPN is hand in hand with the SEC. They will get Alabama in any way they can and totally forget about the headache. The thing is if all 4 win, we know what we get. If one loses, not sure. If both lose, we are sorta sure who gets in. Some combination of the already top 4 and Ohio State and/or Alabama. Only controversy I see is if one TCU or Trojans lose and Alabama jumps Ohio State. Then, we can start disputing.

If it's between Ohio State and Alabama, I'd say Ohio State. Though it's my opinion that no team should be in unless they win their conference. I know I'm in a minority. And I said before the Ohio State game, on this forum, that I didn't want Michigan in if we lost. That loss should mean something.

That's a nice thought but with a 4 team playoff it really doesn't work.

We would be forced to take Clemson (if they beat UNC) if that were the case. One of the most mediocre 10-2 teams youll ever see who lost 35-14 to Notre Dame at home.

I wonder how much of it will depend on "how they both lose" (if they do). If we are talking a 27-24 or 37-33 close loss, I am not sure. Some would say they both stay in the CFP. Now, this could serve less headache too (I guess). But we know that ESPN is hand in hand with the SEC. They will get Alabama in any way they can and totally forget about the headache. The thing is if all 4 win, we know what we get. If one loses, not sure. If both lose, we are sorta sure who gets in. Some combination of the already top 4 and Ohio State and/or Alabama. Only controversy I see is if one TCU or Trojans lose and Alabama jumps Ohio State. Then, we can start disputing.

I think TCU is 100% out with a loss, unless MAYBE they lost on like a last second FG, and thats still a big MAYBE. Seems like they'll drop a TCU type team the moment they get the chance to. They've already done it before.

That's a nice thought but with a 4 team playoff it really doesn't work.

We would be forced to take Clemson (if they beat UNC) if that were the case. One of the most mediocre 10-2 teams youll ever see who lost 35-14 to Notre Dame at home.
Sure it does. You form 4 major conferences.

Winner of each conference plays in the 4 team playoff. Hell, conference championship games could be considered the first leg of an 8 team playoff.