Poll Who deserves the an Invitation to the CFP more)

Who deserves the an Invitation to the CFP more?

• Total voters
I'm really not looking forward to the 12 team playoff, I think it ruins this. Can you imagine right now if there's a 12 team format? All of these teams are still in, no one is disappointed, all we're talking about is who gets an extra home playoff game vs who doesn't. We're talking about is fucking 9-3 Florida State should be in the playoff or not. God, I'm going to hate that.
This.

12 teams is fucking stupid.

Have we had a CFP yet where all four teams looked like they belonged there?

This.

jimmy-mcmillan-too-damn-high.gif

Ohio State faced one test all season and suffered a devastating defeat.

LOL at anyone saying they deserve a spot.

:facepalm:
Alabama faced zero tests and lost two games. Shit, they nearly lost to that trash factory Texas.

No team with a loss deserves an invite.

So as of right now it would be UGA, Michigan, TCU, USC.

Now even if Michigan or UGA lose, they are still likely to get in. And if TCU or USC lose, then Ohio St is likely to get in....

But what if TCU and USC lose. Obviously Ohio St gets in, but who gets the next spot. To you keep TCU in the top 4 given it'll be their only loss or does Bama creep back in?

Imo, the committee will look for any excuse to get tOSU and/or Bama into the cfp. If USC or TCU loses, they are out and tOSU is in. If both lose, USC is still out, but it gets interesting between Bama and TCU. A close loss might keep TCU in because of the optics of putting a 2 loss team in over a 1 loss team...but if TCU loses by more than a touchdown, Bama will be in.

How anyone mentions LSU in these conversations is beyond me.

LSU has 3 losses on their resume. 3!

Even if we beat the number 1 team in the nation in the SEC CG, we don't belong in the playoffs.

Maybe once it goes to 12 teams should a team with 3 losses even be considered, but not now.

Even if we beat the number 1 team in the nation in the SEC CG, we don't belong in the playoffs.

Maybe once it goes to 12 teams should a team with 3 losses even be considered, but not now.

I think what keeps them alive in some folks minds is that would give them arguably the best wins among the top 10 having beaten Bama and UGA.

As a 2 loss team, I could see it. But yeah, until the cfp expands, can't be in there with 3 losses.

Imo, the committee will look for any excuse to get tOSU and/or Bama into the cfp. If USC or TCU loses, they are out and tOSU is in. If both lose, USC is still out, but it gets interesting between Bama and TCU. A close loss might keep TCU in because of the optics of putting a 2 loss team in over a 1 loss team...but if TCU loses by more than a touchdown, Bama will be in.
Do you think the CFP committee cares about optics? I don't. Until they do something that shows me they aren't influenced by heritage, I'm of the opinion they'll continue doing what they've done.

But, I'm a cynical old fart so what I say can be taken with a grain of salt.

Or, if all the top ten teams had 2-3 losses. That's never happened because some conferences don't have enough parity for such. Or teams schedule OOC opponents like Michigan did this year.

This.

It’s not about “finding the best team”ect. Anymore

Now it’s about TV/media eyeballs and 12 is great for that.

Do you think the CFP committee cares about optics? I don't. Until they do something that shows me they aren't influenced by heritage, I'm of the opinion they'll continue doing what they've done.

Good point. I agree that they haven't exactly been influenced by optics, but I think it's been getting closer to them not having much choice because folks have started pushing back against getting the same teams season after season more than ever. It's a big part of why the cfp is expanding.

When folks are talking about not even watching because it's the same teams every year, that's not good.

On the other hand, an argument can be made that they may be even less concerned with optics because the playoff is expanding. So why not just do what they've been doing?

Some are talking about TCU from 2014. They weren't undefeated during the regular season even though it was close. Anyway, they were dropped. Could you imagine losing by, say, 8-12 points to K-State and being totally dropped out of the top 4? So, Alabama loses two games very close and away, but lost to an LSU team that got handled by Texas A&M, and Alabama is in. I could see it, for sure. Optics does not matter, money does. Or the same scenario with TCU, and Ohio State gets in. They only have one loss, and it was a bad one... at home. Once again, money over all else.

I don't want to see any rematches... AT ALL. Now, if Utah and K-State win by 17-20 or more, hell, I don't know.

Some are talking about TCU from 2014. They weren't undefeated during the regular season even though it was close. Anyway, they were dropped. Could you imagine losing by, say, 8-12 points to K-State and being totally dropped out of the top 4? So, Alabama loses two games very close and away, but lost to an LSU team that got handled by Texas A&M, and Alabama is in. I could see it, for sure. Optics does not matter, money does. Or the same scenario with TCU, and Ohio State gets in. They only have one loss, and it was a bad one... at home. Once again, money over all else.

I don't want to see any rematches... AT ALL. Now, if Utah and K-State win by 17-20 or more, hell, I don't know.
"The answer to all questions is money."

I'm really not looking forward to the 12 team playoff, I think it ruins this. Can you imagine right now if there's a 12 team format? All of these teams are still in, no one is disappointed, all we're talking about is who gets an extra home playoff game vs who doesn't. We're talking about is fucking 9-3 Florida State should be in the playoff or not. God, I'm going to hate that.
All the conferences will be going to divisionless football, so LSU and Purdue won't be getting into CCGs in the future. It would be OU v. UM in the B1G, and UGA v. UTjr/Bama in the SEC (depending on the tie breaker). The B12 and the ACC already do this, and no one cares about the PAC - jk, jk - with 10 teams, they will be divisionless.

Sure it does. You form 4 major conferences.

Winner of each conference plays in the 4 team playoff. Hell, conference championship games could be considered the first leg of an 8 team playoff.
We want actual real-world possibilities, not make-believe. You know that teams aren't going to leave the B1G or the SEC, and they aren't going to share their money with everyone else. So there won't be 4 super conferences.

As to conference championships being the first leg, you assume that all conferences are created equally. They aren't. So letting in a PAC champion over a couple of better B1G teams makes no sense.

I think TCU is 100% out with a loss, unless MAYBE they lost on like a last second FG, and thats still a big MAYBE. Seems like they'll drop a TCU type team the moment they get the chance to. They've already done it before.
I think the opposite. They are in if they lose, unless it's a UTjr v. USCjr level loss. Maybe even a tOSU v. UM loss. They won all their games, and in a re-match maybe they lose against a team they already beat. No way they are out while tOSU gets in for staying at home and not playing. You need to be a huge Utah fan tonight. There is a movement to get 4 new teams in ... think about this:

The following teams have been about 90% of the CFP participants and are likely out:

- tOUS
- Bama
- Clemson
- OU
- LSU

UGA (3), UM (2), and TCU and USC as virgins. I think they like that idea this year to the detriment of Bama and maybe tOSU.

I think the opposite. They are in if they lose, unless it's a UTjr v. USCjr level loss. Maybe even a tOSU v. UM loss. They won all their games, and in a re-match maybe they lose against a team they already beat. No way they are out while tOSU gets in for staying at home and not playing. You need to be a huge Utah fan tonight. There is a movement to get 4 new teams in ... think about this:

The following teams have been about 90% of the CFP participants and are likely out:

- tOUS
- Bama
- Clemson
- OU
- LSU

UGA (3), UM (2), and TCU and USC as virgins. I think they like that idea this year to the detriment of Bama and maybe tOSU.

I'm really not going to be upset if we didnt get in. I think it would be funny if we did, because of how butthurt a lot of people would be about it. But if we don't it's whatever this year. We really have no business being there.