Who will be the top 5 SEC programs over the NEXT 5 seasons?

Nobody other than Clemson is not going into the portal for players. The point we seem to differ on is whether you are having to rely on the portal because you high school recruiting is sub-optimal. Teams like UGA, Bama, tOSU, even UM, use the portal to fill gaps - it's not the main way they try to get their best players. They prefer to get the best high school players and develop them, then retain them, and then build their culture around them. Just because on of the transfers might be very important - QB - doesn't mean they are a portal first school. It means they have a gap at that position for some reason. It happens to everyone.

Take UGA. We have been the top recruiting high school classes since 2017. We only take about 4 or 5 portal players per year to fill in. We don't recruit WR well, and prefer to get proven WRs instead of HS prima donnas that cost a lot of NIL. So we look for portal WRs. We need a RB this year because of injuries. And, we had a need for DL so we picked up on in the portal. We tried to supplement our already great DBs by getting a S from Bama, but he chose tOSU.

For the most part, all the same teams that have highly rated HS recruiting classes, have highly rated transfer portal classes. Yes, UGA and Clemson are the most notable exceptions.

Also, the teams you've have mentioned get the best high school classes because they have been forever. It would be dumb to shift away from that.

LOL quite a few. The main pieces of your team were either transfers or 4/5 star recruits, don't be dumb.
Nope. Especially on defense. Check out our WR rankings especially on offense.

We're relying on one player from the portal, not a total makeover. Point being, even if we got Howard, we still wouldn't be thought of as such a contender if not for those guys coming back.

I never said it was a total makeover, just that your ceiling, success and overall accomplishments can be attributed to the portal. Obviously not all of it, but going into the portal for a QB is relying heavily on it because of the position. As soon as McCord left, the success of this OSU team was going to be tied to who they got at QB, because I think you and I would agree the other QB's on the roster wouldn't have been good enough. ND is very similar to OSU and I'd say the same thing about ND.

Nope. Especially on defense. Check out our WR rankings especially on offense.
Especially on offense, as opposed to the wide receivers on defense?

I've already spelled it out for you in another thread. Your biggest contributors on offense and defense were 4/5* and transfers outside of Sanristill.

I never said it was a total makeover, just that your ceiling, success and overall accomplishments can be attributed to the portal. Obviously not all of it, but going into the portal for a QB is relying heavily on it because of the position. As soon as McCord left, the success of this OSU team was going to be tied to who they got at QB, because I think you and I would agree the other QB's on the roster wouldn't have been good enough. ND is very similar to OSU and I'd say the same thing about ND.
Can be attributed to Howard. I get he's from the portal, but you understand how it's quite different than all the other teams you mentioned.

Honestly, I am intrigued by Kienholz. I know Howard is going to be the starter, but he is a very talented QB and he's going to have his first full offseason with the team. I firmly believe Devin Brown is leaving in the second portal opening, but even if he wasn't I think Kienholz will backup Howard this year with Sayin/Noland behind him.

Can be attributed to Howard. I get he's from the portal, but you understand how it's quite different than all the other teams you mentioned.

Honestly, I am intrigued by Kienholz. I know Howard is going to be the starter, but he is a very talented QB and he's going to have his first full offseason with the team. I firmly believe Devin Brown is leaving in the second portal opening, but even if he wasn't I think Kienholz will backup Howard this year with Sayin/Noland behind him.

Yeah, I said OSU isn't as reliant as some others are.

They have fallen off since Watson and Sunshine left ... all their success came with two generational QBs. They always had the benefit of playing in the ACC which is why they had the sustained run they had. If Dabo doesn't change his ways, they are done winning NCs.
clemson biggest issue as well has been evaluating.. they aren't hitting at the same clip they used too. Look no further than QB and their recent WR takes.. they need playmakers and haven't gotten them

Especially on offense, as opposed to the wide receivers on defense?

I've already spelled it out for you in another thread. Your biggest contributors on offense and defense were 4/5* and transfers outside of Sanristill.
Michigan had 2 consensus 5 stars on the roster. Edwards and Will Johnson.

And a pretty significant number of those 4 stars were borderline at best. Ranking outside the top 250 in the consensus.

Yeah, and my point is that if you have to dip into the portal to find your starting QB, that is relying heavily on the portal due to the nature of that position. We've seen what UW was without Penix. Their success directly correlated to the portal, even if 80% of their starters were HS recruits. No different than ND last year and this year.
One last time because you completely ignore what I am saying. We aren't measuring whether a single player becomes valuable to a team. That's not what this thread is about. We have been discussing whether teams can ignore high school recruiting and build a championship team using the portal. Please tell me you can see the difference. Don't type anything, don't read on until you understand what we have been talking about in this thread.

Let's say next year RB Etienne who we picked up in the portal runs for 2000 yards and carries us to the NC. Wouldn't you agree that no one would say that UGA is building their team in the portal? We have had the no. 1 class on average since 2017. We use the portal to supplement our HS recruiting. Just because one guy crushes it doesn't mean that we aren't a high school recruiting team.

BTW, I get your point ... a team can get a portal player who crushes and makes a huge difference. We agree on that. And it's fair to say that team won the NC because of a portal player, or portal players. Again, we can agree on that. But it's not the way to have sustained success in CFB, in my opinion.

And a pretty significant number of those 4 stars were borderline at best. Ranking outside the top 250 in the consensus.
they also benefitted from the UM NIL program.. what was it called ..one more year or some shit?

clemson biggest issue as well has been evaluating.. they aren't hitting at the same clip they used too. Look no further than QB and their recent WR takes.. they need playmakers and haven't gotten them
I agree. Also, they have sucked at the LOS, especially depth. Even when they got some really good DL and OL, they didn't get enough and they had injuries. WR evals have been terrible. QB, too. That's where his insistence to not go to the portal is killing them. That's where you fill in the gaps of your bad recruiting.

For the most part, all the same teams that have highly rated HS recruiting classes, have highly rated transfer portal classes. Yes, UGA and Clemson are the most notable exceptions.

Also, the teams you've have mentioned get the best high school classes because they have been forever. It would be dumb to shift away from that.
You can't mention Clemson and UGA in the same sentence regarding the transfer portal. Dabo doesn't believe in it, Kirby does and uses it to grab really good people who can fill a spot we need. Our transfer portal classes aren't highly rated due to quantity. Quality we are doing just fine.

You can't mention Clemson and UGA in the same sentence regarding the transfer portal. Dabo doesn't believe in it, Kirby does and uses it to grab really good people who can fill a spot we need. Our transfer portal classes aren't highly rated due to quantity. Quality we are doing just fine.
clemson..recruiting or transfer portal recruiting is NOTHING like UGA...

Clemson looks like about 1/4th of their team are legit P5 level athletes then the rest are like future accountants running around out there.

I agree. Also, they have sucked at the LOS, especially depth. Even when they got some really good DL and OL, they didn't get enough and they had injuries. WR evals have been terrible. QB, too. That's where his insistence to not go to the portal is killing them. That's where you fill in the gaps of your bad recruiting.
FWIW, OL Coach Matt Luke is doing a good job there this year.

Your best players (JJ, Corum, Wilson, Corn Johnson, Loveland, Colson, Sabb, Graham, Will Johnson) were all 4 or 5* recruits, then you had several other key transfers.

One last time because you completely ignore what I am saying. We aren't measuring whether a single player becomes valuable to a team. That's not what this thread is about. We have been discussing whether teams can ignore high school recruiting and build a championship team using the portal. Please tell me you can see the difference. Don't type anything, don't read on until you understand what we have been talking about in this thread.

Let's say next year RB Etienne who we picked up in the portal runs for 2000 yards and carries us to the NC. Wouldn't you agree that no one would say that UGA is building their team in the portal? We have had the no. 1 class on average since 2017. We use the portal to supplement our HS recruiting. Just because one guy crushes it doesn't mean that we aren't a high school recruiting team.

BTW, I get your point ... a team can get a portal player who crushes and makes a huge difference. We agree on that. And it's fair to say that team won the NC because of a portal player, or portal players. Again, we can agree on that. But it's not the way to have sustained success in CFB, in my opinion.

Sure, I get what you're saying.

I would go

1) UGA
2) Texas
3) Alabama
4) LSU
5) Oklahoma

#5 was tough. I strongly considered Tennessee and Ole Miss. Even Auburn

I am very curious to see where Alabama is at in 5 years.

I am very curious to see where Alabama is at in 5 years.
Where will any of them be in 5 years? Every post in this thread is a guess.

Plus you never know is going to get that generational type player that changes everything for at least a season.

Everything is up for grabs.