Why Has The PAC Been Silent?

Yep, with the 3 P5 Conf. Rose will be part of it. I did read there's a chance the Pac/B10 will host the Rose later in the year but scheduling could screw that up.
I would generally agree but if the Rose Bowl is played and California is still the way it is, there might be riots there because of a football game.

I would generally agree but if the Rose Bowl is played and California is still the way it is, there might be riots there because of a football game.
That's a good possibility but with people wanting sports back they may leave the game alone.

That's a good possibility but with people wanting sports back they may leave the game alone.

Sports fans could, but there is a heck of a lot folks already not exactly thrilled rich sports owners and athletes are getting a pass.

It's Pasadena. Going to the Rose Bowl is like going to the Country Club. When you go to the Rose Bowl and ask about parking, the dapperly dressed attendees ask you if you need parking for the Parade, the Game or Both! Point is that Pasadena is rather affluent and not chock full of people ready to protest against social injustice of athletes. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it is the least likely sports venue in California for such a protest IMO. That being said, they already cancelled the Parade, so they could cancel or postpone the Game too. I say move the Rose Semi-Final Game to the Cotton Bowl and let the Rose host a B1G-Pac Game over Memorial Day Weekend.

Last edited:
It's Pasadena. Going to the Rose Bowl is like going to the Country Club. When you go to the Rose Bowl and ask about parking, the dapperly dressed attendees ask you if you need parking for the Parade, the Game or Both! Point is that Pasadena is rather affluent and not chock full of people ready to protest against social injustice of athletes. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it is the least likely sports venue in California for such a protest IMO. That being said, they already cancelled the Parade, so they could cancel or postpone the Game too. I say move the Rose Semi-Final Game to the Cotton Bowl and let the Rose host a B1G-Pac Game over Memorial Day Weekend.
I am not saying it shouldn’t happen. The Rose Bowl game was played when the country faced far worse issues than Covid 19. I am just saying no one should get their hopes up the Rose Bowl will be played. If it isn’t January 1st in the Rose Bowl with the Rose Parade it isn’t the Rose Bowl. No offense to the CFP. When it isn’t on January 1st with the parade it is just another dump of a stadium that has players playing on it.

The Rose Bowl is an outdated shithole of a stadium. Greatest photo-op in college football outside with the stadium, sign and palm trees but it's downhill from there fast.

In a packed house you can miss a quarter if you have to go to the bathroom and forget sitting down because the stadium seating is spaced for 5 year-olds and every row has about 3 more people than it should.

The Rose Bowl is an outdated shithole of a stadium. Greatest photo-op in college football outside with the stadium, sign and palm trees but it's downhill from there fast.

In a packed house you can miss a quarter if you have to go to the bathroom and forget sitting down because the stadium seating is spaced for 5 year-olds and every row has about 3 more people than it should.
RoseBowl is a national treasure in CFB, too bad if you have a bladder of an 89 yr old woman and have to hit the head. Cotton Bowl is probably a shit hole for it's out dated restrooms but it's still a treasure as well.

RoseBowl is a national treasure in CFB, too bad if you have a bladder of an 89 yr old woman and have to hit the head. Cotton Bowl is probably a shit hole for it's out dated restrooms but it's still a treasure as well.
Have you gone to a game at the Rose Bowl?

I would suggest anyone go to the actual Rose Bowl game then the next year attend a UCLA home game.
Yeah I'm not flying out for that shit.

Pro tip - If you do go to the Rose Bowl stay in San Diego's Gaslight district and find a bus charter that has a package for fans. LA sucks and you'll have a much better time.

yes I have UCLA vs USC in 99.. MWR in Camp Pendleton had buses to take us to and from the game.
It's an old shithole that they'll never find the money to upgrade properly. The Georgia Dome that they tore down was a 1,000 times better venue to actually watch at.

While we are at it the Super Dome in New Orleans is the absolute worse place to watch a game in the upper levels. I'm talking miserable unless you're 5' 5".

It's sad that most major college stadiums (at least that I've gone to) provide a better experience then these major bowl venues.

It's an old shithole that they'll never find the money to upgrade properly. The Georgia Dome that they tore down was a 1,000 times better venue to actually watch at.

While we are at it the Super Dome in New Orleans is the absolute worse place to watch a game in the upper levels. I'm talking miserable unless you're 5' 5".

It's sad that most major college stadiums (at least that I've gone to) provide a better experience then these major bowl venues.

They have plenty of money to upgrade the Rose Bowl, but problem is incentive. UCLA doesn’t want to have a real home stadium to force a real upgrade and as much as people glorify the Rose Bowl, big acts use the Coliseum. So why would you spend millions in upgrading when you get sponsors to put lipstick on the pig once a year. That is kind of why I said go when the Bruins play. It is a dump but it is way worse when sponsors aren’t spending good money on making it look nice.

they can only upgrade so much, people been complaining about the cotton bowl for decades. Maybe with all the dough being spent..the CFP committee takes a percentage of the bowl purse to upgrade the rose bowl? I think the rest have been upgraded or are upgraded as good as it can be (SUperdome).

BTW Last time I went to the SuperDome was in either 2002 or 2003 to catch my steelers there.. the tunnell/walkway was narrow. I concur that place was shit.. Almost astrodome level of shit...almost.

Yeah I'm not flying out for that shit.

Pro tip - If you do go to the Rose Bowl stay in San Diego's Gaslight district and find a bus charter that has a package for fans. LA sucks and you'll have a much better time.
Commuting from San Diego to Pasadena sounds like a nightmare.

Not even the President of the United States of America gives two shits about the PAC.

because the swing states are in the BIG footprint lol

Commuting from San Diego to Pasadena sounds like a nightmare.
That’s why you book a ride with a bus charter. Then you can sip on cold beer with no worries. I paid $140 for round trip for my wife and I, worth every penny.

Air fair into San Diego was half that of LA because of the demand out of B’ham so I came out well ahead.