Wife looking for a new 3 row midsize SUV/minivan.... opinions

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 167.00
She's currently got a 2018 Honda Odyssey Elite and we've liked it overall, but there's been so many letters for recall/warranty extensions over the last couple years, especially with worrying about the sliding doors, that we're looking to trade it in. Just too many things that I wouldn't expect from a Honda and lost confidence in the current van.

Anyone have a newer vehicle in these classes that they'd recommend. A little research has the Kia Telluride as one of the top SUVs to look at in this class and may look at their Carnival minivan as well. Brand loyalty isn't a thing and while I'll like to get a good value for the money, I'm not looking at the cheapest options, nor does it need to be luxury.

Our kids are 8 and 6, with plenty of trips to visit family or vacations that take a full day to drive.

Whatcha got?

I always lead my car searches using edmunds.com

My last 2 cars have been Honda Pilots and have really liked them. The 3rd row is an actual row and even fits adults comfortably. Good storage too.

She's currently got a 2018 Honda Odyssey Elite and we've liked it overall, but there's been so many letters for recall/warranty extensions over the last couple years,

My step daughter has had the exact same problem with her Honda Odyssey. A million recalls. I think the same year as yours.

I think those new Tellurides look good.... But with the recall issues the gf has had with her Kia, it would be a tough sell.

I have my Odyssey in the shop right now. expecting it to be the timing belt at 95k. so deciding whether or not to dump it or not.

I'm going to go test drive this today too. Price is same as the Pilot. i really like the Pilot but these have TV's in the headrest which is my preference

To the Spiderman theme...

Married man.
Married man.
Drives off in a mini van,
Has a wife and
two kids,
his whole life
is on the skids
hey there…
Here comes the married man!

Sorry @Cobrabit

She's currently got a 2018 Honda Odyssey Elite and we've liked it overall, but there's been so many letters for recall/warranty extensions over the last couple years, especially with worrying about the sliding doors, that we're looking to trade it in. Just too many things that I wouldn't expect from a Honda and lost confidence in the current van.

Anyone have a newer vehicle in these classes that they'd recommend. A little research has the Kia Telluride as one of the top SUVs to look at in this class and may look at their Carnival minivan as well. Brand loyalty isn't a thing and while I'll like to get a good value for the money, I'm not looking at the cheapest options, nor does it need to be luxury.

Our kids are 8 and 6, with plenty of trips to visit family or vacations that take a full day to drive.

Whatcha got?
My step daughter has had the exact same problem with her Honda Odyssey. A million recalls. I think the same year as yours.

My old lady has a '19 Odyssey.

No issues. It's the cadilac of minivans.

It's the cadilac of minivans.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

The third row isn't as comfortable, but you can fit an entire law crew in there.

isn't illegal now to dump the whole baseball team in the back of the pickup?

we had one of these little fuckers and all the kids jumped in the back

a1cffb94bc7e28f51afb20940e844ecd.jpg

The inlaws were hot on the Telluride last year but couldn't get one with the options they wanted....back ordered or something.

We got a Subaru Ascent and have been happy with it. Fits 3 kids, 8, 5 and 3, and the dog just fine.