Wife looking for a new 3 row midsize SUV/minivan.... opinions

The inlaws were hot on the Telluride last year but couldn't get one with the options they wanted....back ordered or something.

We got a Subaru Ascent and have been happy with it. Fits 3 kids, 8, 5 and 3, and the dog just fine.
Godspeed with the new Subarus. Those things have had more issues than anything lately.

Godspeed with the new Subarus. Those things have had more issues than anything lately.
I appreciate the good wishes. We have a Forester with 130k on it and so far so good.....knock on wood.

She had her heart set on the ascent since it was a rumor

Haha, I expected some of the comments, but full disclosure, she was the one hesitant on getting a van in the first place. It took one trip to NJ with our 2 year old son and infant daughter in my 4 door Altima to agree with me that we needed a van. She didn't want to be labeled a soccer mom and wanted an SUV then, but came around to the idea of a van's convenience with little ones after looking at one at the lot. Got a used 2012 Odysey then after trading in her civic and it served us well for a few years before she got the 2018. We would keep this one if we hadn't lost confidence in it with the letter after letter about another issue, even if most are small.

We'll take a gander at the suggestions provided thus far in those classes, but happen to entertain additional suggestions.

but happen to entertain additional suggestions.

GIF by HBO India
monster truck transformers GIF by ADWEEK
Monster Truck GIF by Checkers & Rally's

@Cobrabit
So what did you guys end up buying.

Nothing yet. Trying to make it through the school year where we plan to look while the kiddos are visiting family for a couple weeks. The first week of that time being a trip to Disney for the wife and me to celebrate our anniversary since we couldn't go last year to celebrate our 10th. She's a Disney freak and we take the kiddos every year (will go in December too), but haven't been by ourselves since our honeymoon.

That should give us a few days when we get back in order to test drive a handful without the kids and she can go back whenever to buy what she wants with the trade in.

Did get a recent letter from the local dealership ready to make an "aggressive" offer on buying her Odyssey, so I may give them a call back to see what they'd be willing to pay and how another month plus mileage would change the offer. The Odyssey is currently in my name since her deadbeat biological dad destroyed her credit years ago since he knew her SSN, but look to put the new vehicle in her's now that her credit score has been improved.

But like I said, just trying to get through this school year and the stress that has come with it.

@Cobrabit
Any electric options out there.

Not sure if there are options in these classes, but my region doesn't have many charging stations. So while I would consider them if we lived in a place that embraces electric, they're not an option for us.

Literally just got back from vacation yesterday. Wifey is now "getting serious" about a new vehicle. She's set on either a new Odyssey or the Kia Teluride. She wants a specific color in the Teluride, but that isn't available around us. Then there are options she wants...etc...etc...etc.

While her current vehicle is in my name (her credit was F'ed up by her deadbeat biological father years ago), this one will be in her name, whether we finance or just pay cash. Therefore, I have to be a part of getting rid of the current Odyssey, but I'm not part of the new acquisition.....no telling how long this process will actually take.

I just hope it has a comfortable driver's seat for day long drives since I'm the one that drives to Orlando (Disney) or New Jersey to visit family.

Did you go to Disney World

Why don't you just trade it in

Yes. Eight nights to celebrate our 10 year anniversary a year later than previously planned.

Certainly an option. Not sure how the paperwork will need to go, but we want this new vehicle in her name. Whether I could trade the current vehicle in under my name towards a new vehicle in her name is a question I haven't looked into. I'd imagine that there wouldn't be an issue, but have never done it.

Then again, we may be able to get a better deal by selling separately, either to the dealership or privately, so that'll be some numbers to run through once she decides on what she wants.

Yes. Eight nights to celebrate our 10 year anniversary a year later than previously planned.

Certainly an option. Not sure how the paperwork will need to go, but we want this new vehicle in her name. Whether I could trade the current vehicle in under my name towards a new vehicle in her name is a question I haven't looked into. I'd imagine that there wouldn't be an issue, but have never done it.

Then again, we may be able to get a better deal by selling separately, either to the dealership or privately, so that'll be some numbers to run through once she decides on what she wants.
You most definitely can get a better deal selling privately to someone else. It's just a matter of deciding if the hassle is worth it or not.