Wife looking for a new 3 row midsize SUV/minivan.... opinions

...then buy a Honda.

chris farley yes GIF
I will only buy Toyota going forward. Best, most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. Not even close

I will only buy Toyota going forward. Best, most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. Not even close

I've had Toyotas before and they're good, just not as good as Honda. Sorry, thems the facts...Jack!

you-dont-want-to-fight-me-meme.jpg

Just had to replace a flat left rear tire that had the inner wires showing on the Odyssey. A couple years ago I couldn't get it inspected for a similar issue and after getting new tires and allignment, the tire shop said they had seen a few with similar issues and it's something with the factory suspension.

Local Honda dealership was only a mile away today, so figured we'd drop in to see what value we could get from it. While their service department was closed the sales manager took it for a drive after saying they had never heard of an issue like this before, questioning me and the tire shop that is extremely reputable in the area.

When she got back and quoted me the value, $2k would be taken off because the tire issue "has to be something with the computer sensors, probably the lane shift avoidance, since that was flashing in the dash". After telling her that it, along with the other warnings that were flashing only started after putting the spare on, since it doesn't have the sensor, she just kept trying to say it was the sensor. Questioning when I had the problem before and claiming that tire shops don't know how to reset sensors when the change tires, so that must be the cause. Crazy lady, I had to get new tires the first time BECAUSE of this issue and have had the lane shift avoidance turned off from day one. How in the hell can you, who's never heard of this happening before, automatically conclude this is the issue when it only is flashing because the spare is on!

Needless to say, they will not be getting any business from me and I'll just get two new cheap tires and sell to carvana or a different dealership.

Wife is looking intently for her Telluride now and found one she wants 3.5 hours away in Northern Virginia. Funny thing is that this one is priced $3k less than a similar one (with less options) at the local dealership also owned by the same people as the Honda we just left here in Podunk southern Virginia. We'll give them a call to see about delivery or make a day trip out of it if needed. Maybe she'll find one closer though, so we'll see.

Chevrolet Traverse or VW Atlas for mid-size three row seating SUV's that are reasonably priced.

Unbeatable price and amazing warranty, Kia Telluride. The Telluride actually looks really good, but it is so unfortunate that Kia has such a poor reputation. I think if you tell people to look into the Telluride they immediately dismiss the idea because it's Kia. But it is a great price and Kia offers that 10 year warranty, which easily surpasses any loan you'll have on the car.

But if I were to go looking for a midsize three row SUV, I really like the VW Atlas.

Good luck, the car market is brutal right now. Cars are over priced and the selection is slim.

Just had to replace a flat left rear tire that had the inner wires showing on the Odyssey. A couple years ago I couldn't get it inspected for a similar issue and after getting new tires and allignment, the tire shop said they had seen a few with similar issues and it's something with the factory suspension.

Local Honda dealership was only a mile away today, so figured we'd drop in to see what value we could get from it. While their service department was closed the sales manager took it for a drive after saying they had never heard of an issue like this before, questioning me and the tire shop that is extremely reputable in the area.

When she got back and quoted me the value, $2k would be taken off because the tire issue "has to be something with the computer sensors, probably the lane shift avoidance, since that was flashing in the dash". After telling her that it, along with the other warnings that were flashing only started after putting the spare on, since it doesn't have the sensor, she just kept trying to say it was the sensor. Questioning when I had the problem before and claiming that tire shops don't know how to reset sensors when the change tires, so that must be the cause. Crazy lady, I had to get new tires the first time BECAUSE of this issue and have had the lane shift avoidance turned off from day one. How in the hell can you, who's never heard of this happening before, automatically conclude this is the issue when it only is flashing because the spare is on!

Needless to say, they will not be getting any business from me and I'll just get two new cheap tires and sell to carvana or a different dealership.

Wife is looking intently for her Telluride now and found one she wants 3.5 hours away in Northern Virginia. Funny thing is that this one is priced $3k less than a similar one (with less options) at the local dealership also owned by the same people as the Honda we just left here in Podunk southern Virginia. We'll give them a call to see about delivery or make a day trip out of it if needed. Maybe she'll find one closer though, so we'll see.
Better snatch it. The car market is horrible and the Tellurides are hot. The dealer here is marketing them up 5k over sticker for new.

if you like the car and price then buy and don’t screw around.

Ritual seppuku is sounding good.

AggravatingSmoggyBasenji-max-1mb.gif

Funny how getting a new tire and putting the stock wheel back on would make all the flashing lights about sensor malfunction disappear. So a $120 fix compared to the $2k "system damage" the Honda place was going to subtract.

Currently at a Hyundai dealership 1.5 hours away from home looking at a 2021 Palisade Limited with less than 10k miles. Both of us finished driving it and like it, so do the kids. Waiting on the used car guy to test drive the Odyssey to see what trade in value would be, but looks like we'll likely be heading home in the Hyundai.

Funny how getting a new tire and putting the stock wheel back on would make all the flashing lights about sensor malfunction disappear. So a $120 fix compared to the $2k "system damage" the Honda place was going to subtract.

Currently at a Hyundai dealership 1.5 hours away from home looking at a 2021 Palisade Limited with less than 10k miles. Both of us finished driving it and like it, so do the kids. Waiting on the used car guy to test drive the Odyssey to see what trade in value would be, but looks like we'll likely be heading home in the Hyundai.
Yea GIF by memecandy