Poll Will Nebraska ever be good again?

Will Nebraska ever be good again

• Total voters
….but if they get just one more head coach, hahahaha

When northern Illinois beats nebraska will we pray for matt rhule?

When northern Illinois beats nebraska will we pray for matt rhule?
Screw him. He had it made down at Jerusalem on the Brazos and he took the NFL bait. (Or at least that is how my dumb ass Baylor alum brother in law feels.)

Screw him. He had it made down at Jerusalem on the Brazos and he took the NFL bait. (Or at least that is how my dumb ass Baylor alum brother in law feels.)
he played it perfectly.. didn't beat any ranked teams, and got a fat NFL contract that also made him GM. Your BIL would take that in a heartbeat unless he really is dumb

I voted no. I don’t think they’re going to suck forever, but see no reason to think they’re destined to return to their past greatness. The only thing they have going for them in these modern times is expectations, which isn’t nothing. But between their current place in the Big 10, and bringing in 4 new programs, all currently in a better spot for future success, their spiral isn’t going to be getting any easier to correct.

I was told over the off-season by the bailor dudes. We can’t have Aranda but must have Rhule. They regret that now. Don’t they

I always thought it was nuts they stuck with Pelinis as long as they did. A consistent 9 win coach, his asshole to success rate didn’t seem worth it. Who knew that crazy fuck was actually the glue holding that shitshow together?

Their ceiling is the same as Iowa’s
Pulp Fiction Mf GIF by The Good Films

No. They may catch lightning in a bottle every now and again, but they can’t recruit against the big boys.
Be careful. I've been saying that since they joined the B1G. They don't take kindly to being told this.

It is just next to impossible to try and recruit in today's game with the top programs if you have zero in state talent and zero talent around you. When you add in they play in the Midwest now, the pipeline from the Southwest and West where they could grab kids, as they played in those areas dries up too.

It was an amazing move financially for the school, but a terrible move for the football program. The one good thing for Nebraska is -- for now, they are in a division where they could be a solid, but not great team and still win their division. I'm not sure what the B1G are doing going forward with all the additions, but depending where they end up -- even winning their division could be a reach.

he played it perfectly.. didn't beat any ranked teams, and got a fat NFL contract that also made him GM. Your BIL would take that in a heartbeat unless he really is dumb
My BIL is dumb AND a jackass!

Its going to take at least 2 years. Rhule doesn't use snake oil like a certain other coach. He will have them competitive again. Will they be an elite program in the mix for a title each year? No.
Agree 100%. I think what Pelini was doing at Nebraska is going to be their ceiling. Winning 9 games, being competitive.

What is the criteria for being good? I voted yes, as I think they will get to be a 8-9 win team. I think they will essentially be like their new rivals, Wisconsin and Iowa.

If the being "good" is competing for B1G titles and national titles -- Then I need to change my answer.

….but if they get just one more head coach, hahahaha
Has Iowa started any season recently with 2 P5 away games? I am not being a smart ass, I am just curious and too lazy to it look up because it’s Iowa.

Agree 100%. I think what Pelini was doing at Nebraska is going to be their ceiling. Winning 9 games, being competitive.
That’s pretty much what Osborne did for so many years.

Just wait. One of their more notable alums just HAS to come along with a son that's a 5* QB that could help transform the program.