Poll Will Nebraska ever be good again?

Will Nebraska ever be good again

• Total voters
That’s pretty much what Osborne did for so many years.
The landscape of college football is 1000% different from back in the 70's, 80's, 90's when Osborne was coaching.

As much as Nebraska's fans deserve a team who competes for national titles regularly. With the way CFB is now -- it would be next to impossible to do that. They may catch lightning in a bottle one year, but sustaining it would be way too tough.

I do think Nebraska can get back to regularly winning 8-9 games a year though. I don't think the abysmal state of the program right now is going to continue. I think Rhule will get you back to beating the teams you should be beating.

…if there was, you would “of” listed it, Ralphie?
Tom Cruise What GIF

MMmmmmmmmm....do they?
They have one of the friendliest fan bases I've ever been around. I've tailgated at UM at pretty much every fan base in the B1G, sans Maryland, Rutgers.

Nebraska fans were arguably my favorite to tailgate with.

They have one of the friendliest fan bases I've ever been around. I've tailgated at UM at pretty much every fan base in the B1G, sans Maryland, Rutgers.

Nebraska fans were arguably my favorite to tailgate with.
How does that translate into "deserves a championship? I'm sure there are dozens of schools out there with friendly and polite fanbases.

Also, you do realize that their fanbase includes people like @Red_Alert ?

How does that translate into "deserves a championship? I'm sure there are dozens of schools out there with friendly and polite fanbases.

Also, you do realize that their fanbase includes people like @Red_Alert ?
Meh -- I don't have an issue with Red Alert. He has an issue that what I said would happen to Nebraska's program has happened. Actually much worse has happened than I predicted.

One fan doesn't sour an entire fan base though. And I do know there are tons of fan bases who are polite and friendly, but Nebraska's is about as die hard as they come. They show up whether the team is good or bad and they travel to games whether they are good or bad.

Be careful. I've been saying that since they joined the B1G. They don't take kindly to being told this.

It is just next to impossible to try and recruit in today's game with the top programs if you have zero in state talent and zero talent around you. When you add in they play in the Midwest now, the pipeline from the Southwest and West where they could grab kids, as they played in those areas dries up too.

It was an amazing move financially for the school, but a terrible move for the football program. The one good thing for Nebraska is -- for now, they are in a division where they could be a solid, but not great team and still win their division. I'm not sure what the B1G are doing going forward with all the additions, but depending where they end up -- even winning their division could be a reach.

I'm not so sure about them not being able to recruit in the West. They'll be playing USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington on a regular basis allowing them to be seen by recruits out here.

If they can establish some relationships with high school coaches and put together good NIL opportunities...they could start getting some of that talent.

Against Colorado, they looked as good or better at almost every position except QB, where Colorado had a huge advantage. QB seems like it's been an issue for them for a while. There are a lot of good QB's in the West...especially in SoCal.

Meh -- I don't have an issue with Red Alert. He has an issue that what I said would happen to Nebraska's program has happened. Actually much worse has happened than I predicted.

One fan doesn't sour an entire fan base though. And I do know there are tons of fan bases who are polite and friendly, but Nebraska's is about as die hard as they come. They show up whether the team is good or bad and they travel to games whether they are good or bad.

Yeah, Nebraska fans are damn near Canada level polite and friendly.

It's creepy in a Stepford kinda way.

I'm not so sure about them not being able to recruit in the West. They'll be playing USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington on a regular basis allowing them to be seen by recruits out here.

If they can establish some relationships with high school coaches and put together good NIL opportunities...they could start getting some of that talent.

Against Colorado, they looked as good or better at almost every position except QB, where Colorado had a huge advantage. QB seems like it's been an issue for them for a while. There are a lot of good QB's in the West...especially in SoCal.
Yeah, outside of the big name brands, the schools that can put together the best NIL deals AND hire a decent coach, are the ones that will make the noise. And many of those good NIL deals need to saved/allocated for transfer portal guys.

I'm not saying they can't recruit the West, but I am saying, they won't be pulling those game changing recruits from the West. When you have to go up against schools like Georgia, like Bama, like Texas, like USC, like Ohio State, etc. who aren't just putting on the full court press with their recruiting staff, but also have multiple other 5 star, top 100 recruits already committed to that school that are working on those recruits too.

It is just a long uphill battle. Depending on how the B1G is set up, they may play the schools you mentioned regularly, but they also may hardly play them at all, as Nebraska is in the Midwest.

And personally -- with the Colorado/Nebraska matchup. I thought Colorado had a much better offense, as a whole, not just at QB. Especially at WR.

Yeah, Nebraska fans are damn near Canada level polite and friendly.

It's creepy in a Stepford kinda way.
Yeah -- they are unbelievably friendly. The one year this Nebraska couple refused to take no for answer when we fed them. They wanted to give me $100 for a couple burgers. You would have thought I was insulting them when I said no. :pound: