Poll Will Urban Meyer go down as the worst head coach in NFL history?

Choose up to two.

• Yes

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • potato salad

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
Marty is in my top three all-time head coaches,
1.) Jeff Fisher
2.) Mike Tomlin
3.) Marty Schottenheimer
I honestly think Marty was one of the top coaches. A couple plays different in his career would have made a huge difference on how many looked at him.
I was glad the Skins were idiots & fired him. His one season was 8-8 after starting 0-5. He finished 8-3 that year & I want to say they brought in Spurrier IIRC. That was awesome for a Cowboys fan! :yes:

Rod Rust went 1-15 and the Pats turned the reins over to Dick MacPherson who went 6-10 and then 2-14, He is possibly one of the nicest men to ever coach in the NFL, yet should be on the list of worse head coaches.

There probably needs to be a minimum seasons/games coached floor to qualify for this list. If he gets fired before coaching a full season, all you can say is that he was another college coach who could not hack it in the NFL...in other words, "not really an NFL coach."

I honestly think Marty was one of the top coaches. A couple plays different in his career would have made a huge difference on how many looked at him.
I was glad the Skins were idiots & fired him. His one season was 8-8 after starting 0-5. He finished 8-3 that year & I want to say they brought in Spurrier IIRC. That was awesome for a Cowboys fan! :yes:
I think it's universally accepted that Marty would have won multiple Super Bowls in San Diego if not for being hamstrung by Spanos. And the most impressive part was he knew it and kept his mouth shut because he was a professional.

Love that guy.

Lions current coach isnt better

Schotty had the unfortunate circumstance of employing Nate Kaeding in a playoff game.

I think it's universally accepted that Marty would have won multiple Super Bowls in San Diego if not for being hamstrung by Spanos. And the most impressive part was he knew it and kept his mouth shut because he was a professional.

Love that guy.
Ernest Byner fumble going into the endzone had to be the beginning of Marty's heartbreakers!

Marty is in my top three all-time head coaches,
1.) Jeff Fisher
2.) Mike Tomlin
3.) Marty Schottenheimer

I laugh when I watch "The Drive" as Marty and Cowher stand there like deer in headlights as Elway whups them.

Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer have a lot in common.

Both won big in Florida.

Neither was near as good as they had been when they had to face opponents who also were allowed to pay their players.