Poll Will Urban Meyer go down as the worst head coach in NFL history?

Choose up to two.

• Yes

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • potato salad

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
Frustrated Oh No GIF by ESPN College Football

Well let's examine this:

There was this guy in Miami

1650028183632.png

and of course we can't leave out the foot fetish king:

1650028261024.png

Oh and of course any list without a Bears coach is really not a list we will only post one not all ten of them:

1650028549461.png

He had some flashes of greatness... but that dark cloud follows him around & he became rather inconsistent.

By "dark clouds" do you mean the drugs, violent crime, gang members, murder and suicide that are never far from Urban Meyer?

You can't blame a head coach for his players having a screw loose.
At the end of the day his college stuff was simple recruit the best high school kids in the nation and win games!
There is no psycho test given to these kids when they come out of high school.

As for his brief NFL stint , his attitude doesn't fit with professional players.
The guy could be the cockiest man alive or was a pure genius on realizing he didn't want to be there and forced their hand to kick him to the curb.

Im not standing up for the guy ( personally think he's a prick) but there is no way you can blame him for former players going off the deep end.
If you could they would fire a lot more pro coaches when their players go out and kill folks with cars or get caught beating their wives/girlfriends

You can't blame a head coach for his players having a screw loose.
At the end of the day his college stuff was simple recruit the best high school kids in the nation and win games!
There is no psycho test given to these kids when they come out of high school.

As for his brief NFL stint , his attitude doesn't fit with professional players.
The guy could be the cockiest man alive or was a pure genius on realizing he didn't want to be there and forced their hand to kick him to the curb.

Im not standing up for the guy ( personally think he's a prick) but there is no way you can blame him for former players going off the deep end.
If you could they would fire a lot more pro coaches when their players go out and kill folks with cars or get caught beating their wives/girlfriends
I'm not blaming him. What I said is that he surrounds himself with those things, those people. What I absolutely blame him for is enabling Aaron Hernandez. If you don't, either you don't know what happened or you're an Ohio State fan.

I'm not blaming him. What I said is that he surrounds himself with those things, those people. What I absolutely blame him for is enabling Aaron Hernandez. If you don't, either you don't know what happened or you're an Ohio State fan.

You're 100% correct about protecting Hernandez, I watched the doc and he should've been a little more vocal about the guy.
But again in a sue happy country he was CYA ing.

Prime example that college in U Gene has a $100 million dollar lawsuit cause out of shape lineman had to run

You're 100% correct about protecting Hernandez, I watched the doc and he should've been a little more vocal about the guy.
But again in a sue happy country he was CYA ing.

Prime example that college in U Gene has a $100 million dollar lawsuit cause out of shape lineman had to run
More vocal? He vouched for the guy to get him out of jail and make felony charges go away! He actively enabled the dude. As if the Rolling Stone article wasn't enough, a sports writer really needs to do a full report on this guy including the suicides at Ohio State and everything that happened in Jacksonville.

LOL @ @ralphiewvu "They LOVE that guy in Florida." Unreal.

Bert Bell, and it ain't even close. The only reason he got a coaching job is because he owned the team. .190 winning% over 5+ years. So bad, they made him commissioner.

I dont know.
The Redskins had quite a few whiffs after Marty Schottenheimer.
But I would have to say he would be in the running right now. but considering he took over a 1-15 team vs. some of the teams the skins coaches took over. I would have to lean towards no.
The Washington Spurriers.