Series Thread World Series: Braves vs. Astros

One thing I don’t like, but understand(gotta be as profitable as possible) is they jack up ticket prices so much for the WS that the common fan that has supported the team all season can’t afford to go. Nearly a grand for standing room tickets. It’s gonna make for a bland, white collar crowd. That electric atmosphere that was there Saturday night won’t be there with every seat occupied by hifalutin snobs

One thing I don’t like, but understand(gotta be as profitable as possible) is they jack up ticket prices so much for the WS that the common fan that has supported the team all season can’t afford to go. Nearly a grand for standing room tickets. It’s gonna make for a bland, white collar crowd. That electric atmosphere that was there Saturday night won’t be there with every seat occupied by hifalutin snobs
Sadly that's across the board for all Pro Sports (Super Bowl, NBA, etc), even in Europe it's the same, most fans can't go see their team play in say The Champions League Final because A) ticket prices get jacked WAY up, and B) such a huge percentage are blocked for "corporate sponsors". It's sad

100% agree. Supply & demand can sometimes be a very bad thing.

Shame. Would like to see both clubs at full strength, but that won’t be the case for either

I hope we somehow win this series in Atlanta and when Manfred awards the Trophy Either Terry McGuirk, Alex Anthoupolos, or Brian Snitker talk about how Great it is for the State of Georgia.

I hope we somehow win this series in Atlanta and when Manfred awards the Trophy Either Terry McGuirk, Alex Anthoupolos, or Brian Snitker talk about how Great it is for the State of Georgia.
They could tell Manfred to eat shit.

It would be great, but beating the Astros in 5 is a big ask. If we win the series, it's probably gonna be in Houston.

Just gotta get 1 of first 2 in Houston

Win 2 of 3 at home

and then have Game 6&7 with Fried and Morton......that’s all we can ask for.
With Morton going Game 1, wouldn’t he be doing game 5 as well instead of 6 or 7?

I haven't seen how we are setting up rotation after game one.

my guess depending on how Series goes
1- Morton
2- Fried
3- Anderson
4- ?
5- Morton
6- Fried
7-Anderson

With Morton going Game 1, wouldn’t he be doing game 5 as well instead of 6 or 7?

I haven't seen how we are setting up rotation after game one.

my guess depending on how Series goes
1- Morton
2- Fried
3- Anderson
4- ?
5- Morton
6- Fried
7-Anderson
Idk how it works out but it would be foolish IMO to have one of the greatest Game 7 pitchers ever(between him and Smoltz IMHO) and not pitch him in Game 7

Idk how it works out but it would be foolish IMO to have one of the greatest Game 7 pitchers ever(between him and Smoltz IMHO) and not pitch him in Game 7
Just don’t see how that would work with Morton going game 1. Can’t save Morton for a game 7 that may not happen

All depends how the series plays out

If the Braves are up 3-1 or down 3-1 you have to pitch Morton game 5

The way I see it

Astros offense > Braves offense
Astros starting rotation < Braves starting rotation
Astros bullpen =/= Braves bullpen

If the Braves pitching doesn't implode and the offense wakes up against the weakest rotation they will have faced in the playoffs, they have a chance

Because no one outside of Houston likes the Astros and no one gives a shit about the Braves.
Houston is a giant market. Texas is a giant place. Braves are the team of the entire South. Your statement is ridiculous.

I do have to disagree with your assessments of the matchups.

Rotation is definitely an edge to the Braves, without McCullers, the Astros will have the worst rotation we’ve faced in the playoffs

And the Astros have a better lineup, but it’s not by a large margin.

But I’d give the Astros a definite edge in bullpen. They have 5 relievers that have been lights out this postseason. We have Matzek, Minter and Smith, and the Astros is a less favorable matchup for them than the Dodgers were. We’re gonna need them to stay hot and hope another arm or two down there steps up. Jesse Chavez hasn’t been bad, but I don’t have much confidence in him. He’s basically Josh Tomlin with funny glasses

Houston is a giant market. Texas is a giant place. Braves are the team of the entire South. Your statement is ridiculous.
Rex still thinks it’s 1985 and really doesn’t have a grasp on baseball

It's gameday bitches?