Poll Worst HC to win a natty from start of the BCS era through now

Worst natty winning HC?

• Total voters
I didn't think Les believed in the forward pass.
You can go back, he was always run first, but his offense featured a lot more passing prior to the QB that threw so many pick 6’s, he then started turtling.

Shhh, you'll get kicked out of the house for such statements. Unless your better half is one of the old guard aggies that never bought into Jimbo in the first place.

i think my better thalf still thinks RC Slocum is running the ship

Coker not having any traction and Orgeron running away has to be recency bias. Both are top contenders, but Orgeron isn’t the clear winner here, and Coker is more than an also ran in the discussion.

I still say Chizik though

Orgeron was really good at LSU before it came crashing down. But he did build them up to getting a Natty. Coker took over a monster and kept it going for like 2 years. Chizik had one good year.

I picked Bobby Stoops cuz he’s the closest to Nebraska

Tough call between Coker, Miles, Chizik and Fisher

I think I'll settle on Jimbo. Not winning natties at his new school with unlimited resources, and left his old school in shambles

To me it's clearly Orgeron and Gene Chizik but in the end, Chizik could coach circles around Orgeron who's nothing but a big dumb goofball who big dumb LSU fans think is cute and funny.

excited the waterboy GIF

I picked Bobby Stoops cuz he’s the closest to Nebraska

I always thought Stoops was overrated. He won a natty in year two, but that was with John Blake's players.
He was good at winning the Big 12, but he wasn't 'Big Game Bob' like the media portrayed him to be.

Part of me thinks Les Miles should be listed near the top, but the natty winning Les Miles and the Les Miles his last few years at LSU were not the same coach. That QB that threw like a million pick 6’s one year at LSU broke Les

He didn't need to start him when all the other coaches on staff, the sports pundits and 98% of the fans wanted him to start the other QB, he insisted on sticking with "his guy" in the Championship game.

He who laughs last, laughs loudest........

:dhd:

Chizik by a mile. has a .500 record as a HC and only finished above .500 in conference play once. not related to this topic, but his defenses at UNC have sucked.

Coker ran Miami into the ground, sure, but it took him six years to do that. Miami went 9-3 in his fifth year. Chizik went 3-9 in year #4 at Auburn.