Worst head coach that you had to endure from your favorite team?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 447.00
There’s only been 4 in my lifetime, only 3 that I can remember, and I was a kid for Jim Donnan. Richt wasn’t a bad coach, but he’s the worst of the two choices

I only have 2 options. I will say Ferentz as I really didn't endure Fry too much.

We have a tie.

Howard Schnellenburger
Boo Blake
and Gary Gibbs was really frustrating

Before my time.
Gomer Jones

Charlie Weis, Turner Gill, David Beaty, and Les Miles all enter in cage match. I hope they all lose miserably.

Dead heat between Derek Dooley and Jeremy Pruitt.

Dead heat between Derek Dooley and Jeremy Pruitt.
They were bad for sure, and he might have had slightly better results, but Butch Jones was by far the most embarrassing Tennessee head coach of my lifetime with his “champions of life” and “5 star hearts” lines.

They were bad for sure, and he might have had slightly better results, but Butch Jones was by far the most embarrassing Tennessee head coach of my lifetime with his “champions of life” and “5 star hearts” lines.
Yeah, if it had said most embarrassing, then Jones wins in a runaway.

Yeah, if it had said most embarrassing, then Jones wins in a runaway.
Personally, I’d rather endure terrible football than only slightly better football with a HC that keeps saying embarrassing things

Gotta be Frost. At least Callahan recruited well, iirc he had a 9 win season too. Riley had a 9 win season. Osborne and Solich won or coached for national titles. Pelini won at least 9 games every year. Too new for Rhule.

Frost easy

Y'all still on the Rhule bandwagon over there?

Yep Reaction GIF

1713551735574.png

This guy.. and not because he was worse than Chuck.. Chuck actually had a bad set of circumstances coming in that Tom didn't have.. Everyone was aligned with Tom as soon as he was coach, unlike Chuck.. Tom had an open wallet to bring in whomever he wanted to his staff..instead he chose to bring his boys from UH..

Chuck got told multiple times NO with who he wanted on his staff (Chad Morris for OC, Clint Hurtt for co-DC)

Tom who always thought he was the smartest person in the room alienated the same people who were backing him up.. he also alienated coaches and soon afterwards his own players.. Guy just couldn't get out of his own way.. How on earth did he let the roster get as bad as he did? I'll never know.. but good riddance

By record-Mark Helfrich
by grift Willie taggert
by basically giving up to move on Mario Cristobal

John Cooper. Which, looking at some of the names on this list, ain't so bad

Only three during my life. And since I was too young to remember Tommy West, then by default Tommy Bowden.