Worst MLB franchise

Worst MLB franchise has got to be between the Angels and Rockies. Many may say the Marlins, but the Marlins have two world series in their 30 year existence, meanwhile the Angels have one world series since 1961 and have only 10 overall playoff appearances in that time span. The Rockies, who have been around as long as the Marlins, have only 4 playoff appearances and one world series appearance, but they lost.

Since the Rockies have been around 3 decades less than the Angels, I have to go with the Angels being the worst MLB franchise of all time.
Definitely the Angels. Cannot think of another franchise that has spent so much money with nothing to show for it

How have the Brewers not been mentioned?
The Brewers problem is they have no legacy. Who is their greatest player? Robin Yount? LMFAO

Half of the MLB was in Milwaukee at some point and left

200w.gif
is that powdered sugar in his mustache?

You always gotta remember the Mets when talking about one of the worst franchises. There like the Knicks of baseball

How have the Brewers not been mentioned?
Because there's franchises with roughly as many WS titles as them and with worse records? Mariners, Rangers, Padres and Rockies.

Marlins still deserve some consideration. Yeah they have two titles, but they never won the NL East and they made the playoffs only one other time (16 team field in 2020). Only 7 seasons above .500.

I'd call the Angels the Oregon of baseball, but then I remembered they actually won a title. The Rays might be more apt.

Because there's franchises with roughly as many WS titles as them and with worse records? Mariners, Rangers, Padres and Rockies.

It's not just about regular season wins and losses. The thread is worst franchise not worst winning percentage. At least teams like the Mariners, Padres and Rangers have had players that made people show up, the Brewers have Molitor, Yount and umm what Jim Gantner, Cecil Cooper? I'd rather go watch Griffey Jr. and Randy Johnson lose.

The Mariners have never had a loaded roster. They have had stars, HOFers overlap, but never a loaded roster.
The mid to late 90s their lineup was loaded, they just had absolutely no pitching depth.

It really sucks to go back and look at that lineup and realize there’s nothing to show for it.

Marlins still deserve some consideration. Yeah they have two titles, but they never won the NL East and they made the playoffs only one other time (16 team field in 2020). Only 7 seasons above .500.

I'd call the Angels the Oregon of baseball, but then I remembered they actually won a title. The Rays might be more apt.
Oregon remains rent free