Poll Would armed citizens have caught the Brazilian fugitive quicker?

choose up to two

• Yes, armed citizens would have apprehended him sooner.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No, armed citizens would have needed more than the two weeks it took law enforcement

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • killer potato salad

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
A prepped Facebook group would have had this guy detained in 5 minutes.

Meanwhile at the Hall of Justice
giphy.gif

@HammerDown the irony of this poll is that potato salad prolly kills more PA'ens than anything. They love that shit!

Rut roh the poll is getting close

Probably.

The hangup on that, to me, is that he seemed to be avoiding conflict with the general public while on the lamb.

He obviously stole things. Food, cloths, a gun, etc. But he didn’t target the elderly or even attempt to take anything by force. (Which is weird. You can spot an old persons house easily)

If the public had been his adversary, I’m assuming he would’ve killed multiple people.

Also running the risk of accidentally killing innocents with an untrained posse.
giphy.gif

It took law enforcement two weeks to capture this illegal alien. (sorry, I'm not saying his name and hope I never hear it again).

Meanwhile, citizens were only "urged to be on the lookout, secure their homes and vehicles, and remain vigilant." Willing homeowners, citizens and vigilantes were strictly forbidden from participating in the search. (is that even lawful?)

Without turning this into a gun debate, I ask sincerely: if the tables were turned and law enforcement were kept out of it and instead citizens were tasked with apprehending this guy, would they have gotten him sooner than this morning, 14 days in?
From a pure economic view, a $250,000 reward would have been more cost efficient.

But, when the government monopolizes the use of force in the name of public safety, I call bullshit.

Yes. White.

Here, I'll make it easy for the detainee. "Speak English, motherfucker." Dude speaks English, let him go about his business.

How many Brazilian refugees do you think are hiding out in that perimeter? Maybe they missed a few!

actually, the first place he was hiding in Kennett near Longwood Gardens is over 30% mexican cause its where they grow a shit ton of mushrooms.

when the government monopolizes the use of force in the name of public safety, I call bullshit.
Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Especially when they don't have the law on their side and they take two weeks to track a man down and they're charging taxpayers 300 grand a fucking day.

"...but ...but ...but fRiEnDLy FiRe!!!!"

What's a bumpkin posse gonna do when homeboy busts out his capoeira skillz on em?