Poll *WOULD*? Bama Oregon TX

Would be left out?

• Bama left out

• Oregon left out

• Texas left out

Results are only viewable after voting.
If the committee knew the OD meltdown that would happen, they would leave Oregon out.
I'm not sure. As much as El Texan is posting about this stuff. If Bama got in and Texas was left out. I think he want have a bigger meltdown than OD. He may not talk gibberish like OD, but it'd be epic.

I'm not sure. As much as El Texan is posting about this stuff. If Bama got in and Texas was left out. I think he want have a bigger meltdown than OD. He may not talk gibberish like OD, but it'd be epic.
You face, indeed.

It’s pretty clear Oregon won’t be the one left out. The real question is Alabama or Texas
Never say never. If Bama beats Georgia -- there are two separate possible scenarios Oregon gets left out.

1. Bama wins a nail biter against Georgia. Georgia drops to 3 or 4. Bama moves to 3 or 4. FSU and UM win.

2. Bama wins, this making it nearly impossible to leave Texas out, as no chance the #1 conference doesn't get their champ into the CFP. UM and FSU win.

The most likely scenario would be Georgia not falling out of the top 4 if they lose, as they are 2 time defending champs and haven't lost in forever.

Never say never. If Bama beats Georgia -- there are two separate possible scenarios Oregon gets left out.

1. Bama wins a nail biter against Georgia. Georgia drops to 3 or 4. Bama moves to 3 or 4. FSU and UM win.

2. Bama wins, this making it nearly impossible to leave Texas out, as no chance the #1 conference doesn't get their champ into the CFP. UM and FSU win.

The most likely scenario would be Georgia not falling out of the top 4 if they lose, as they are 2 time defending champs and haven't lost in forever.

If Oregon wins the PAC CG, they will be in the CFP. The committee has made that very clear.

Georgia isn’t getting in without a conference champ tag when theres 5 others with them. In this scenario I wouldn’t be shocked if they excluded FSU and used Travis not being there as the excuse. So that‘d put Bama, UM, the PAC champ and Texas in.

Georgia isn’t getting in without a conference champ tag when theres 5 others with them. In this scenario I wouldn’t be shocked if they excluded FSU and used Travis not being there as the excuse. So that‘d put Bama, UM, the PAC champ and Texas in.
They have said repeatedly -- they are putting in the 4 best teams. No one in CFB, sans Oregon fans, would say Oregon is better than Georgia. Georgia would be a 7+ point favorite even if the game were playing at Oregon.

CCG's don't guarantee anything unless you are undefeated. Georgia would have the exact same record as Oregon.

I'm just hoping for mass chaos -- it never happens, but in the last year of the 4 team playoff -- I'm hoping:
Alabama beats Georgia
Oregon beats Washington
Texas beats Okie State
FSU beats whoever they play (Louisville?)
Michigan beats Iowa

You'd have:
Michigan 13-0
FSU 13-0
Alabama 12-1
Georgia 12-1
Texas 12-1
Oregon 12-1
Washington 12-1

CCG's don't guarantee anything unless you are undefeated. Georgia would have the exact same record as Oregon.

Fun Fact:

A 1 Loss P5 Champion has never been left out of the CFP in favor of a 1 loss at large team.

They have said repeatedly -- they are putting in the 4 best teams. No one in CFB, sans Oregon fans, would say Oregon is better than Georgia. Georgia would be a 7+ point favorite even if the game were playing at Oregon.

I'm just hoping for mass chaos -- it never happens, but in the last year of the 4 team playoff -- I'm hoping:
Alabama beats Georgia
Oregon beats Washington
Texas beats Okie State
Michigan beats Iowa

You'd have:
Michigan 13-0
FSU 13-0
Alabama 12-1
Georgia 12-1
Texas 12-1
Oregon 12-1
Washington 12-1
This Oregon fan does not disagree with you at all, but no way is UGA losing to a team that should have lost to a team that was waxed by New Mexico State.

Fun Fact:

A 1 Loss P5 Champion has never been left out of the CFP in favor of a 1 loss at large team.
Fun fact, a #1 team in the second to last ranking has never dropped out of the top 4, even with a loss. We are going to beat that elephant ass, but if we don't we will be changing that fact.

Alabama beats Georgia
Oregon beats Washington
Texas beats Okie State
Michigan beats Iowa

You'd have:
Michigan 13-0
FSU 13-0
Alabama 12-1
Georgia 12-1
Texas 12-1
Oregon 12-1
Washington 12-1
If Georgia doesn’t have a conference championship yet 5 others teams with a similar or better record do Georgia is not getting in. I have seen no one say Oregon is better then Georgia, because They aren’t however if Georgia doesn’t have that piece, they aren’t getting in. It’s really that simple.

I too am hoping for mass chaos.

If Georgia doesn’t have a conference championship yet 5 others teams with a similar or better record do Georgia is not getting in. I have seen no one say Oregon is better then Georgia, because They aren’t however if Georgia doesn’t have that piece, they aren’t getting in. It’s really that simple.

I too am hoping for mass chaos.
Actually, by mandate, it's not that simple. H2H and conference championships only come into play where teams are considered equivalent. If one team is "unequivocally better" than another then it doesn't matter if the lesser team has a CC or if the H2H is illogical. I could see this if FSU wins a close game and looks like shit doing it. I can't see it with Bama, but Bama would be blocked by UT.

Should we lose to Bama in a close game, this could be used. I cannot imagine the committee doing that the day after Bama beat us, but that is the mandate. I am totally prepared for win and in, lose and out.

Actually, by mandate, it's not that simple. H2H and conference championships only come into play where teams are considered equivalent. If one team is "unequivocally better" than another then it doesn't matter if the lesser team has a CC or if the H2H is illogical. I could see this if FSU wins a close game and looks like shit doing it. I can't see it with Bama, but Bama would be blocked by UT.

Should we lose to Bama in a close game, this could be used. I cannot imagine the committee doing that the day after Bama beat us, but that is the mandate. I am totally prepared for win and in, lose and out.
As mentioned a 1 loss P5 conference champ has never been jumped by a 1 loss at large. I don’t believe that Would change this year. It wouldn’t be just 1 P5 champ you’d have to jump ether. Georgia would need to jump over 2 of FSU, Texas, Bama, Michigan and the PAC Champ. Again I can’t see that happening his year. But I also think you don’t need to worry about that, ya’s should roll bama.

This is interesting that he would say this:

Him saying this certainly is interesting. I mean the committee should have just went with the eye test totally and put the top 4 as
Georgia
Michigan
Oregon
Alabama (and yes, #4 could be argued)

Him saying this certainly is interesting. I mean the committee should have just went with the eye test totally and put the top 4 as
Georgia
Michigan
Oregon
Alabama (and yes, #4 could be argued)
I hate this shit. Have I told you how much I can't wait for the 12-team CFP where it's decided on the field? Man, just win Dawgs, just win!

Well, that’s horseass since they have guidelines that lead them to explicitly consider “deserving” criteria.

So??? Fuck conference titles?? Fuck sos? Fuck common opponents? Fuck win-loss record too.

“I like this team and think they’re good”

Why even play the games, then?

This outlook is bunk and downright criminal coming from a person in his position.

Completely irresponsible and antithetical to his job and this entire endeavor.

So??? Fuck conference titles?? Fuck sos? Fuck common opponents? Fuck win-loss record too.

“I like this team and think they’re good”

Why even play the games, then?

This outlook is bunk and downright criminal coming from a person in his position.

Completely irresponsible and antithetical to his job and this entire endeavor.
Just a guess but I bet computers come into play. Always loved the computers, but in general they loved OU