Poll *WOULD*? Bama Oregon TX

Would be left out?

• Bama left out

• Oregon left out

• Texas left out

Results are only viewable after voting.
As mentioned a 1 loss P5 conference champ has never been jumped by a 1 loss at large. I don’t believe that Would change this year. It wouldn’t be just 1 P5 champ you’d have to jump ether. Georgia would need to jump over 2 of FSU, Texas, Bama, Michigan and the PAC Champ. Again I can’t see that happening his year. But I also think you don’t need to worry about that, ya’s should roll bama.
They wouldn't have to jump over anyone -- they are already #1. If they lose -- the committee would have to decide which 1 loss teams are worthy of the spot.

You said it yourself. You don't think Oregon is better than Georgia. CCG wins don't guarantee you anything. If Georgia loses -- they could without a doubt be chosen ahead of Oregon.

Hell -- I don't think you'd find many Oregon fans who'd say they are better than Georgia. Only the die hards with blinders on would.

They wouldn't have to jump over anyone -- they are already #1. If they lose -- the committee would have to decide which 1 loss teams are worthy of the spot.

You said it yourself. You don't think Oregon is better than Georgia. CCG wins don't guarantee you anything. If Georgia loses -- they could without a doubt be chosen ahead of Oregon.

Hell -- I don't think you'd find many Oregon fans who'd say they are better than Georgia. Only the die hards with blinders on would.
Again, a 1 loss at large has never made it over a 1 loss conference champ. Not only that but if everything else stays the same Georgia would have to get in over 2 P5 conference champs. At some point the results on the field need to matter.

Again, a 1 loss at large has never made it over a 1 loss conference champ. Not only that but if everything else stays the same Georgia would have to get in over 2 P5 conference champs. At some point the results on the field need to matter.
We’ve never had a 1 loss non conference champ, that has back to back National Championships and a 28 game winning streak.

We’ve never had a 1 loss non conference champ, that has back to back National Championships and a 28 game winning streak.
Sure, but do you really believe this would be the year that happens?

So??? Fuck conference titles?? Fuck sos? Fuck common opponents? Fuck win-loss record too.

“I like this team and think they’re good”

Why even play the games, then?

This outlook is bunk and downright criminal coming from a person in his position.

Completely irresponsible and antithetical to his job and this entire endeavor.
They've said the same thing every year. There are no automatic bids. CCG's can help improve a teams chances, but that is about it.

Well, that’s horseass since they have guidelines that lead them to explicitly consider “deserving” criteria.
That's what I always thought, too.

If the results on the field mattered -- Oregon would never be ranked in front of Texas right now. Texas has a way better resume going to Alabama and beating them. Oregon struggled to beat Texas Tech, trailing by 10 going into the 4th quarter. Texas just beat them by 50 points.

The CFP is going to do whatever they want. With Georgia -- it doesn't matter if the game was played at Georgia, at Oregon, a neutral site -- only thing that'd change slightly is how much Georgia would be favored by. A PAC championship doesn't make Oregon better than Georgia when they have the same record.

If the results on the field mattered -- Oregon would never be ranked in front of Texas right now. Texas has a way better resume going to Alabama and beating them. Oregon struggled to beat Texas Tech, trailing by 10 going into the 4th quarter. Texas just beat them by 50 points.

The CFP is going to do whatever they want. With Georgia -- it doesn't matter if the game was played at Georgia, at Oregon, a neutral site -- only thing that'd change slightly is how much Georgia would be favored by. A PAC championship doesn't make Oregon better than Georgia when they have the same record.
To get into the playoffs a conference championship certainly Doesn’t hurt a team to have that over another team. And again considering a 1 loss at large has never gotten in over a 1 loss conference champ, doesn’t make your case any stronger.

But just so we are clear, you think Georgia is in no matter what?

They have said repeatedly -- they are putting in the 4 best teams. No one in CFB, sans Oregon fans, would say Oregon is better than Georgia. Georgia would be a 7+ point favorite even if the game were playing at Oregon.

If we're going nuts with hypotheticals, Vegas likes Oregon over Bama. So if they are taking the 4 best teams, Oregon gets in over Bama.

Didn't Texas struggle to beat a number of teams?

Didn't Texas struggle to beat a number of teams?
They have, but they also dealt with their QB going out and even missing a game. When you look at the best win -- they have the best win on the year, as beating Bama in Tuscaloosa is much better than UM beating OSU at home.

Then when you look at what Texas did to Texas Tech -- it was two teams who weren't even close to being on the same level. They won by 50, but could have won my more if they wanted. That is a bad look for Oregon, when Oregon struggled mightily with TT. I know transitive games don't mean much, but when you have to compare two teams in opposite conferences -- that is all you really have.

They have, but they also dealt with their QB going out and even missing a game. When you look at the best win -- they have the best win on the year, as beating Bama in Tuscaloosa is much better than UM beating OSU at home.

Then when you look at what Texas did to Texas Tech -- it was two teams who weren't even close to being on the same level. They won by 50, but could have won my more if they wanted. That is a bad look for Oregon, when Oregon struggled mightily with TT. I know transitive games don't mean much, but when you have to compare two teams in opposite conferences -- that is all you really have.

The committee has determined that Oregon is so much better than Texas that the common opponents don't matter. They only look at common opponents as a tiebreaker for "comparable teams".

The committee has determined that Oregon is so much better than Texas that the common opponents don't matter. They only look at common opponents as a tiebreaker for "comparable teams".
I'm just telling you to get ready to hear it if Alabama beats Georgia. No chance they leave Texas out if Alabama wins the SEC CG.

It is why I'm hoping to see the chaos happen in the CCG's. If Michigan and FSU win -- they are guaranteed spots as undefeated conference champs. After that -- it'd be a free for all.

Bama at 8 leaves them a long ways to go if they win
Not really when the team they play is Georgia. It'd immediately become the best win any team has, paired with one of the toughest schedules and winning the top conference.

I'm just telling you to get ready to hear it if Alabama beats Georgia. No chance they leave Texas out if Alabama wins the SEC CG.

It is why I'm hoping to see the chaos happen in the CCG's. If Michigan and FSU win -- they are guaranteed spots as undefeated conference champs. After that -- it'd be a free for all.

It's far more likely that the SEC would be shut out in that scenario.