Wow ... poor AZ ... Fisch to UW

Meh, it's better that the players can move on vs being stuck with a coach they never committed to play for.
Of course, but it's still bad for those kids that now up and suddenly move schools and the fans. It's the shitty part of the new paradigm.

Of course, but it's still bad for those kids that now up and suddenly move schools and the fans. It's the shitty part of the new paradigm.

Meh, these kids get scholarships, NIL and get the opportunity to move on whenever they want. There are worse deals out there.

Meh, it's better that the players can move on vs being stuck with a coach they never committed to play for.
For sure, and the only solution anyone can think of to address it is to change the portal times (to anytime it wouldn't hurt Alabama, or something), or otherwise make it harder for the players.

Coaches get paid millions to manage and lead these programs, but when they start exploring their options and shuffle around causing a domino effect of crushing their former programs, the only thing anyone can suggest is somehow making it harder on or punishing the players.

The only acceptable potential solution that involves the players I've hear is just start paying them outright, they can sign a contract, the contract can have a buyout just like coaches.

Otherwise, everyone should just accept how this works, and stop suggesting players be held to a standard that doesn't exist.

For sure, and the only solution anyone can think of to address it is to change the portal times (to anytime it wouldn't hurt Alabama, or something), or otherwise make it harder for the players.

Coaches get paid millions to manage and lead these programs, but when they start exploring their options and shuffle around causing a domino effect of crushing their former programs, the only thing anyone can suggest is somehow making it harder on or punishing the players.

The only acceptable potential solution that involves the players I've hear is just start paying them outright, they can sign a contract, the contract can have a buyout just like coaches.

Otherwise, everyone should just accept how this works, and stop suggesting players be held to a standard that doesn't exist.

I agree. The only "solution" (if you believe this is a problem) is to consider the players employees and give them contracts. That may be where we are headed.

I didn't suggest it's a problem with any viable solution. I simply said it's a part of the game now that sucks. 1 mans decision has gutted at least 3 football programs. Each had coaches moving up and making more money and some have kids actually going to bigger or better situations and yet there are in fact 3 gutted programs in the wake. All stuff that didn't happen in the past.

I'll say this new way does provide way better off season content. It's time to fuck off, focus all our sports energy on our respective hockey or basketball teams, maybe pretend our baseball teams aren't set up to completely burn us like they always do in a few months. But this off season soap opera drama is way too juicy to ignore.

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

WH did the meme

And you confirmed it quite nicely. Duck fans are living in every UW post on SM right now. Couldn't beat is on the field but living high on our fall.

And you confirmed it quite nicely. Duck fans are living in every UW post on SM right now. Couldn't beat is on the field but living high on our fall.

I'll put an avy bet down now that Oregon beats UW next season.

For real though, an oregon fan offering a futures avatar bet while UW is 3 days into a new coach with all but two of the remaining 2 deep roster in the portal and transfers only open for 3 schools is maybe the most online thing I'll see all month.

For real though, an oregon fan offering a futures avatar bet while UW is 3 days into a new coach with all but two of the remaining 2 deep roster in the portal and transfers only open for 3 schools is maybe the most online thing I'll see all month.

Saying "you can't beat us on the field" while turning down avy bets for the next game is maybe the most online thing I'll see all month.

Saying "you can't beat us on the field" while turning down avy bets for the next game is maybe the most online thing I'll see all month.
You’re better than that…

0/3 from Husky fans.

Now we know what they think about their standing for next year.

0/3 from Husky fans.

We don't think about our standing for next year, there's no way of knowing... Maybe ask again when we have a full roster at the end of Spring?

0/3 from Husky fans.

You'd probably have made the same bet even if KDB hadn't left and we still wouldn't have taken it. Making bets on the off season is kind of dumb.

There was a UW poster and that stoner USC fan that made such stupid bets once. That one was a lifetime ban bet though.