10 Bold Predictions for 2024

Some interesting ones but not too many seem too far-fetched.

The USF one is... something. They may have a really good offense next year, but they had a defense giving up 32.2 PPG and 6.1 yards per play. They gave up 40+ five times and 50+ three times. I think the best case scenario is they have a top 10-ish scoring offense and defense improves to around 50th, but that would be a pretty big jump in just one season.

Other than that, they seem pretty reasonable

The USF one is... something. They may have a really good offense next year, but they had a defense giving up 32.2 PPG and 6.1 yards per play. They gave up 40+ five times and 50+ three times. I think the best case scenario is they have a top 10-ish scoring offense and defense improves to around 50th, but that would be a pretty big jump in just one season.

Other than that, they seem pretty reasonable
Yeah I thought that was a bit of a surprise. It seems like the G5 spot is going to be completely up for grabs. I've seen Boise favored some places, I've seen SMU, I've seen Liberty (probably my pick at the moment with Salter coming back), but this was the first USF.

They’ve been predicting that Nebraska one for almost a decade now. Eventually they’ll be right lol

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

They’ve been predicting that Nebraska one for almost a decade now. Eventually they’ll be right lol
Well they miss Penn State, Oregon, Washington & michigan this year, so 9 wins isn't outrageous. They could very realistically be 7-0 coming into the OSU game in late October. Just have to beat Colorado at home and, evidently, 8-win Indiana on the road.

if a RB indeed makes it to NYC.. they gotta get over 2k yards on the ground.. Maybe Ollie can do that at okie light?

if a RB indeed makes it to NYC.. they gotta get over 2k yards on the ground.. Maybe Ollie can do that at okie light?
Yeah that was one of the ones I wasn't on board with. I guess if you're gonna say it might be a down year with so many big name QBs leaving now could be the year, but I would guess a WR would get it over a RB in that regard. Okie State would need to win the conference and have probably at least 11 wins for Ollie to be considered.

Yeah I thought that was a bit of a surprise. It seems like the G5 spot is going to be completely up for grabs. I've seen Boise favored some places, I've seen SMU, I've seen Liberty (probably my pick at the moment with Salter coming back), but this was the first USF.

I don't think there's a great G5 team out there TBH. SMU is joining the ACC as well. Liberty is probably the safe pick because CUSA is very weak and they don't play any P4 teams.

I went around for years in the late 80’s early 90s saying Atlanta was waking up the beast in the Braves. And look what happened. We destroyed everything and won so many (1) World Series During the run

I don't think there's a great G5 team out there TBH. SMU is joining the ACC as well. Liberty is probably the safe pick because CUSA is very weak and they don't play any P4 teams.
I don't think you're wrong about there not being a great one. If Nelson is the real deal at QB I could see Boise up there. Also brainfart, meant Memphis, not SMU.

right now.. wazzu and osu also are scheduled to get the share that would be given to the PAC if it were still standing right?

Yes through 2025

right now.. wazzu and osu also are scheduled to get the share that would be given to the PAC if it were still standing right?
That's had nothing to do with it

People are waaaay too down on Bama. Debeor is still a very good coach and we still have a lot of talent.

I expect 10-2 and make the playoffs.

We have 4 “loseable” games IMO:

UGA
@Tenn
@LSU
@OU

Go 2-2 in those 4 and we are in the playoff

People are waaaay too down on Bama. Debeor is still a very good coach and we still have a lot of talent.

UGA
@Tenn
@LSU
@OU

I'm confused. Is Bama making the playoffs a bold prediction?

UGA
@Tenn
@LSU
@OU

I think the issue for Bama is whether the mystique of Saban is gone. For years, you guys went into stadiums and teams were beaten before the game started. It will be interesting if Deboner can keep that up. You are correct - you have a very talented squad - but you have a ton of turnover at the coaching position that you haven't had in almost two decades. It will be interesting to see what happens, if for example, you go in and lose at Wisconsin.

I agree that people are dismissing you too soon. If you drop back dramatically, it will be in a few years and will be because of recruiting.

UGA
@Tenn
@LSU
@OU

it's the OL and DL that i would have questions on.. and still also have questions on how Milroe meshes with DeBoer and more importantly how they get Ryan Williams involved because they are going to have to rely on him as a freshman