11/21 CFP Rankings Thread 7pm ET ESPN

If Bama beats UGA in the SEC title game. Bama is getting that last spot over Oregon & Texas if that's what it comes down to.
Oh. You forgot Texas beat Bama. Directly. In their house. By double digits. Silly you forgetting.

Texas really needs Oregon AND Bama to lose. They could very well put Bama in over Texas, which would set off a ton of crying but I would not be shocked if it happened. A SEC title game win over UGA would carry a ton of weight.
Why would we need Bama and Oregon to lose? Those two losing just elevates their conference champs, UGA and Wash, even higher. It puts Texas in no better position. What duncery are you spouting?

I’m not so sure. A Bama win and I could see Georgia still getting in.

It would depend on what else happened. I don't think UGA would just automatically be in.

Beyond the top 8, it doesn’t matter. Those are the only 8 teams with a shot at the playoffs

Only if a bunch of the undefeated teams lose. UGA losing to Bama may get in as a 1 loss team, but only if you have FSU and Washington lose, might even need the B1G champ to lose to Iowa. I am going with the fact that we have to beat Bama to get in.
Well now, this is ass backards. Your making this old man defend your old hairy dawgs.

Even if Georgia loses to Bama, name three other teams better than Georgia…regardless of records.

Supposed to be four bedt teams ain’t it?

It would depend on what else happened. I don't think UGA would just automatically be in.
Regardless of record, name four better teams than a 12-1 Georgia. Four teams you think WOULD beat Georgia on a neutral field. Not COULD beat ‘em.

Regardless of record, name four better teams than a 12-1 Georgia. Four teams you think WOULD beat Georgia on a neutral field. Not COULD beat ‘em.

Right now, the committee feels there are 7 teams better than Alabama.

While beating UGA would likely change that dynamic, it also comes at the cost of "UGA wasn't as good as we thought they were".

Well now, this is ass backards. Your making this old man defend your old hairy dawgs.

Even if Georgia loses to Bama, name three other teams better than Georgia…regardless of records.

WOULD BEAT is an insane standard. Learn to argue or stfu. Peace be upon you

Right now, the committee feels there are 7 teams better than Alabama.

While beating UGA would likely change that dynamic, it also comes at the cost of "UGA wasn't as good as we thought they were".
The committee doesn’t feel there are 7 teams better than Bama. They are putting five of them ahead of Bama only because those teams have zeros in the loss columns. They are putting one more team ahead of them because that team beat Bama. They are putting the other one loss team ahead of them because they had some shrooms in their food causing a giant group brain fart.

The committee doesn’t feel there are 7 teams better than Bama. They are putting five of them ahead of Bama only because those teams have zeros in the loss columns. They are putting one more team ahead of them because that team beat Bama. They are putting the other one loss team ahead of them because they had some shrooms in their food causing a giant group brain fart.

Negative. The committee has ranked 1-loss teams behind undefeated teams in the past. Florida State will probably end up with a 1-loss team ahead of them if they finish undefeated.

Also, you should watch some Ducks games. They're pretty good.

Negative. The committee has ranked 1-loss teams behind undefeated teams in the past. Florida State will probably end up with a 1-loss team ahead of them if they finish undefeated.

Also, you should watch some Ducks games. They're pretty good.
I watched the SC and Washington games on the tube and the Texas Tech game in person. (I didn’t pay for the ticket. Guy I play golf with is a big Guns Up fanatic and donor. It is only 90 miles to Lubbock.). That Tech win isn’t helping your ducks cause much. They have four other losses…two of which were much worse than what Oregon beat them.

I watched the SC and Washington games on the tube and the Texas Tech game in person. (I didn’t pay for the ticket. Guy I play golf with is a big Guns Up fanatic and donor. It is only 90 miles to Lubbock.). That Tech win isn’t helping your ducks cause much. They have four other losses…two of which were much worse than what Oregon beat them.

The Tech game was also over 2 months ago. The committee is prioritizing the recent evaluation points and says that Oregon passes the eye test over the teams below it.

The Tech game was also over 2 months ago. The committee is prioritizing the recent evaluation points and says that Oregon passes the eye test over the teams below it.
Ahhhh, the ever ambivalent “eye test”. It is right up there with using historical reputation and performance in years past. Let’s just go back to AP voting on the national champion.

The Oregon-Texas Tech game brings back fond memories of a garbage time pick 6 back door cover

Ahhhh, the ever ambivalent “eye test”. It is right up there with using historical reputation and performance in years past. Let’s just go back to AP voting on the national champion.

Take it up with the committee...they're the ones saying it.

I would love that, but that's not the way it works. The committee has shown they will not ignore the number of losses you have. Undefeated teams get in first, then you might have arguments about which 1 loss team gets in. But they will not put a 1 loss team in front of a no-loss team, even if they don't think that team is the best team. And, I am not sure I can argue with that. At some point what you do on the field has to matter.

Again, it's why the 12-team CFP is so important ... no loss teams are going to get in and get their ass whipped by 1 loss teams.

Ok but that’s a totally different question

Georgia is the only possible 1 loss non champ that has any kind of shot this year IMO. Those fringe teams are going to be sweating it out if Bama wins the SEC title game in a very close game.