11/21 CFP Rankings Thread 7pm ET ESPN

Oh. You forgot Texas beat Bama. Directly. In their house. By double digits. Silly you forgetting.
H2H results are only considered if they think the two teams are otherwise comparable. So, it all depends on if they view Bama and Texas equally TODAY, not in week 2. I don't think they would jump Bama over Texas, but it's possible.

Ok but that’s a totally different question
It is, but it shouldn't be. Luckily, with 12 next year it won't matter and UGA and similarly situated teams will have the opportunity to win on the field. It's going to be really funny to see some 1 loss teams destroy some undefeated teams. Or more likely, 2 loss teams destroy 1 loss teams - I don't think there will be many undefeated teams with the conferences consolidating, and no longer having divisions.

H2H results are only considered if they think the two teams are otherwise comparable. So, it all depends on if they view Bama and Texas equally TODAY, not in week 2. I don't think they would jump Bama over Texas, but it's possible.

I think they would. Bama beating the 2 time defending champ, ending their win streak would carry a gigantic amount of weight. IMO enough to make them toss the head to head in week 2 out.

I think they would. Bama beating the 2 time defending champ, ending their win streak would carry a gigantic amount of weight. IMO enough to make them toss the head to head in week 2 out.
Texas would hate it due to H2H, but I think you could easily make an argument for it.

Texas would hate it due to H2H, but I think you could easily make an argument for it.

Oh there would be a gigantic meltdown over it.

If there is 1 spot left and Bama beats UGA, Bama is getting it though, I'd bet money on it. They'd leap right over Texas and Oregon. They aren't leaving the SEC out.

UGA/Bama Winner
Ohio State/Michigan Winner
Washington/Oregon
Florida State

is what itll be IMO. I don't think FSU is losing to Florida or Louisville even with a wet blanket at QB, they won't leave a undefeated P5 out here even though they would probably want to.

Texas really needs UGA to win.

UGA/Bama Winner
Washington/Oregon
Florida State

is what itll be IMO. I don't think FSU is losing to Florida or Louisville even with a wet blanket at QB, they won't leave a undefeated P5 out here even though they would probably want to.

Why would UGA winning help Texas? They’d take up a spot over Texas like a hypothetical Bama would. Do you eat paint chips?!?

Why would UGA winning help Texas? They’d take up a spot over Texas like a hypothetical Bama would. Do you eat paint chips?!?

The SEC is getting a team regardless. They might put 1 loss UGA in over Texas if it came down to it if that Bama/UGA game was a very close loss for UGA.

The SEC is getting a team regardless. They might put 1 loss UGA in over Texas if it came down to it if that Bama/UGA game was a very close loss for UGA.
Nice backtracking.
But even your backtracking is reaching and dumb.

I would love that, but that's not the way it works. The committee has shown they will not ignore the number of losses you have. Undefeated teams get in first, then you might have arguments about which 1 loss team gets in. But they will not put a 1 loss team in front of a no-loss team, even if they don't think that team is the best team. And, I am not sure I can argue with that. At some point what you do on the field has to matter.

Again, it's why the 12-team CFP is so important ... no loss teams are going to get in and get their ass whipped by 1 loss teams.
Yeah, I’m just stirring. But not all undefeated teams move to the front of the bus. If that were the case, several G5s would have been in over the years. Who you play should matter.

I’m all in on the 12 team. Let them settle it through several games on the field.

It is, but it shouldn't be. Luckily, with 12 next year it won't matter and UGA and similarly situated teams will have the opportunity to win on the field. It's going to be really funny to see some 1 loss teams destroy some undefeated teams. Or more likely, 2 loss teams destroy 1 loss teams - I don't think there will be many undefeated teams with the conferences consolidating, and no longer having divisions.

With 12 teams, there won't be any deserving teams left out. This year, we could see teams with CFP caliber teams/resumes get left out depending on how this thing plays out.

And I agree about the records. A lot of people struggle with the concept that having a better record doesn't mean you'll be favored to win the game. And that's true even with teams from the same or similar level conferences. Look at Florida State. If they beat Louisville and Florida, and I believe they will be favored in both games, they will probably make the CFP. Does anyone think FSU would be favored against a 1 loss Ohio State/Michigan, Alabama, or Oregon? I don't and I'd say that even if Jordan Travis was healthy.

Ok but that’s a totally different question
I know it is. But who do you think would win on neutral field with these games against a one loss Georgia:
UGA vs Michigan?
UGA vs Ohio State?
UGA vs Washington?
UGA vs FSU?
UGA vs Oregon?
UGA vs Texas?
UGA vs Bama? (We’ll know this one.)

I’d bet Vegas would have UGA as the favorite against all of them. Bama probably would be too.

Nice backtracking.
But even your backtracking is reaching and dumb.
All your scenarios are moot without FIRST winning your final reg. season game AND THEN beating a quality opponent in a CCG.

Better buy the nicest OU cheering jersey you can find bruh.

Your potential is riding on OU’s success/failure…even with that y’all STILL need other help.

Put down the bong.

Facts.

UGA/Bama Winner
Washington/Oregon
Florida State

They won’t but we all knew FSU was the one that didn’t belong when Oregon took them to the woodshed that year. But they weren’t leaving out an undefeated defending national champ.

I know it is. But who do you think would win on neutral field with these games against a one loss Georgia:
UGA vs Michigan?
UGA vs Ohio State?
UGA vs Washington?
UGA vs FSU?
UGA vs Oregon?
UGA vs Texas?
UGA vs Bama? (We’ll know this one.)

I’d bet Vegas would have UGA as the favorite against all of them. Bama probably would be too.

I don't think there's a game that Georgia "can't win". But I'm guessing the line would be really close with Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon and Alabama.

I don't think Alabama would be a favorite against all of those teams.

All your scenarios are moot without FIRST winning your final reg. season game AND THEN beating a quality opponent in a CCG.

Better buy the nicest OU cheering jersey you can find bruh.

Your potential is riding on OU’s success/failure…even with that y’all STILL need other help.

Put down the bong.

Facts.
I don’t smoke them tweeds

They won’t but we all knew FSU was the one that didn’t belong when Oregon took them to the woodshed that year. But they weren’t leaving out an undefeated defending national champ.

They did drop fsu below a 1 loss team though